The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Defel Fur
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Defel Fur
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mask_of_A
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2024 12:03 pm    Post subject: Defel Fur Reply with quote

I'm playing a Defel character in a campaign. According to what I've read, Defel fur makes Defels almost invisible by absorbing all light (yes, I know that's not how physics works, but that's what the material says). I want to know if Defels shed or how quickly their fur grows, specifically for my character making stealth gear out of his own fur. Is that feasible? Thank you in advance for your help and have a great day!
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2024 12:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Defel Fur Reply with quote

Mask_of_A wrote:
I'm playing a Defel character in a campaign. According to what I've read, Defel fur makes Defels almost invisible by absorbing all light (yes, I know that's not how physics works, but that's what the material says). I want to know if Defels shed or how quickly their fur grows, specifically for my character making stealth gear out of his own fur. Is that feasible? Thank you in advance for your help and have a great day!

How often and how much whatever creature sheds is inconsequential. It happens at the speed of plot and GM fiat. I personally would not allow the stealth gear and explain it away as how midichlorins work specifically with the defel physiology. While a part of a living defel the fur gives the special ability. Remove it from a living defel or a dead defel the connection to the midichlorins is severed and the special ability dissipates into nothingness, returning to the Living Force.

If your GM allows I believe they are opening up a whole area that you cannot put back into Pandora's Box. Even if the material gave a lesser modifier precedence has been set. If made it so it only works for a while then slowly dissipates to nothing, again you deal with setting the precedence. If limitations are set on harvesting players are going to grumble. My experience, for what its worth, I would encourage the GM not to allow it.

Ysalamir. They push the Force "away" but only when they are alive. Somehow connected to the Living Force through the midichlorins. Keep in mind the Living Force is created by life and thats why there is such diversity, life forms and special abilities within the SWU. This is my 2 cents worth of advice, ymmv.
http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2024 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. THeir 'fur' only does it when attached to the living Defel..
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2024 2:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Defel Fur Reply with quote

Mask_of_A wrote:

Welcome to the Pit!

May I ask why a stealthy character would need stealth gear made out of his own natural stealthiness?
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Ziz
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2024 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing they want to use it to make gear for others. So, the Defel character shaves off his own fur, uses it to make stealth gear for a fellow player, then his fur grows back, so aside from time for the fur to regrow, nothing lost.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2024 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wouldn't imo just be that easy.. Otherwise OTHERS would have already thought of it. Just look at how hard it is to get your hands on shadowsilk for making stealth shadowsuits...
Ziz
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2024 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just trying to define the concept of what OP is going for. Labor, cost, chance of success, effectiveness - that's all gameplay mechanics.
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 2:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Defel Fur Reply with quote

Mask_of_A wrote:

Geeesh did we scare the "new guy" away?
http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: