The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Legacy of the Force Sourcebook: Taking any help I can get
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Legacy of the Force Sourcebook: Taking any help I can get Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GMgreatness
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, hows this project coming? Have the wheels fallen off? Where do you stand on what needs to be done at this point? Is it just stats misiing, or are you going to need to put everything together as well? Have you started the layout? I guess I am looking for a general update, I have beenlooking over Chesires conversion guide, and if this project is close wouldn't mind helping get this thing done! I for one am very interested in this era as a potential campaign setting.

and That is why you fail...
Nico_Davout
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the project dead? Sad

Han Solo shot first, midichlosomething do not exist, Rebel Alliance was created as in the WEG books and indoctrination theory is the true ending of ME3.
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhawk, Treefrog, hope you guys are doing okay. As a little side project of my own, I've been scouring through the comics, novels, and sourcebooks, noting the various Force abilities that have appeared, and which have already been stated and/or converted courtesy of Gry Sarth. Those that haven't been converted or stated, I've been making my own home-brew creations of these abilities, which include dice stats. Since you gave Alema Rar cloak of shadows, a power associated with the Disciples of Twilight, I can PM you what I have for it to give you an idea of what I've been doing.
dhawk
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, I'm back in the thick of things. It's been a crazy past few months, but I finally have something new to bring to the table.

Here's the draft of the d6 stats for Ben Skywalker! Let me know what you think!

Ben Skywalker (as of Betrayal)
Type: Jedi Padawan
DEXTERITY 3D
Blaster 4D, brawling parry 3D+2, dodge 5D, lightsaber 3D+2, melee combat 3D+1, melee parry 3D+2
KNOWLEDGE 3D
Alien species 4D, alien species: Killik 4D+2, bureaucracy 4D, languages 3D+2, languages: Killik 4D+2, survival 4D, willpower 3D+1
MECHANICAL 3D
Astrogation 4D, communications 4D, repulsorlift operations 4D+2, space transports 6D+2, starfighter piloting 7D+1, starship gunnery 7D+1, starship shields 4D
PERCEPTION 3D+1
Bargain 3D+2, command 3D+2, con 4D+2, hide 5D+2, investigation 5D, persuasion 4D+1, search 5D, sneak 5D+2
STRENGTH 2D+1
Brawling 3D, climbing/jumping 4D+1, stamina 4D+2
TECHNICAL 3D+1
Computer programming/repair 4D, droid programming 5D+1, droid repair 5D+1, first aid 3D+1, lightsaber repair 4D+2, repulsorlift repair 4D, space transports repair 4D
Specials Abilities:
Force Skills: Control 3D+2, Sense 4D, Alter 2D+2
Control: accelerate healing, concentration, control pain, enhance attribute, force of will, hibernation trance, short-term memory enhancement
Sense: combat sense, danger sense, life detection, life sense, magnify senses, receptive telepathy, sense force, sense surroundings
Control and Sense: lightsaber combat, projective telepathy
Control and Alter: accelerate another’s healing, control another’s pain
Sense and Alter: dim another’s senses
Control, Sense, and Alter: Affect mind, flow walk, projected fighting
This character is Force-sensitive
Force Points: 3
Dark Side Points: 0
Character Points: 12
Move: 10
Equipment: Jedi robes, lightsaber (5D), comlink

(As of Sacrifice)
Type: Jedi Padawan/Galactic Alliance Guard Lieutenant
Brawling parry 4D, dodge 5D+1, firearms: sniper rifle 4D, lightsaber 5D, melee combat 4D, willpower 4D, command 4D, command: Galactic Alliance Guard 4D+2, investigation 5D+2, persuasion 4D+2, search 5D+2, sneak 4D+2, stamina 5D, survival 4D+1, tactics 4D, tactics: squads 4D+2
Control 4D
Control powers: resist force
Alter 3D
Sense and Alter powers: advanced force stealth
Force Points: 6
Character Points: 7
Equipment: Jedi robes, lightsaber (5D), Galactic Alliance Guard uniform, blaster pistol (4D), vibroblade (STR+1D+2 with hidden tracking device), comlink

(As of Invincible)
Type: Jedi Knight
Brawling parry 4D+1, dodge 5D+2, lightsaber 6D, melee combat 4D+2, willpower 5D+1, investigation 6D+1, persuasion 5D+1, search 6D, sneak 5D+1, tactics 4D+1, tactics: squads 5D
Control 4D+2
Control powers: force push, remain conscious
Sense 4D+1
Force Points: 9
Dark Side Points: 2
Character Points: 14
Equipment: Jedi robes, lightsaber (5D), Galactic Alliance Guard uniform, vibroblade (STR+1D+2 with hidden tracking device), comlink

Edit: The Flow Walk and Advanced Force Stealth powers are conjecture right now. Does anyone have these Force powers built?

Last edited by dhawk on Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
dhawk
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more for Allana Solo!

Chume’da Allana Djo aka Allana Solo (as of Tempest)
Type: Chume’da of Hapes
DEXTERITY 2D
Running 3D
KNOWLEDGE 2D
Languages: Hapan 3D, willpower 3D
MECHANICAL 1D
PERCEPTION 2D
Hide 2D+1, persuasion 2D+2
STRENGTH 1D
Climbing/jumping 2D, stamina 2D+1
TECHNICAL 2D
Specials Abilities:
Force Points: 2
Character Points: 5
Move: 6
Equipment: Royal clothes, Hapan jewelry

(As of Sacrifice)
Hide 2D+2, stamina 2D+2
Character Points: 9
Equipment: Simple clothes, sleep stick, stuffed tauntaun (“Jacen”)

(As of Invincible)
Willpower 3D+1
Character Points: 13
Equipment: Simple clothes, gas dart, stuffed tauntaun (“Jacen”)
GMgreatness
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

those look great!!!

How much more do you have to do before getting this finished? I have time here and there where I could help wrap this up and get it out for everyone to enjoy!! How much longer do you think it will take if you continue working on it, at your current pace?

Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, good to see you're back.

Allana - I have nothing to say about her.

Ben - first off, with the sniper rifle, it shot a blaster bolt right? In which case, it should be blaster: sniper rifle. As for your advanced Force stealth power, I've seen two versions of the power a Jedi uses to hide his presence in the Force. One is from the RCRB, which had been converted to d6 on the mainly defunct SWRPGNetwork. Fortunately, I took the liberty of highlighting and copying it onto a Word document years ago just in case the site suffered a major crash. The other is the pall of the dark side power, which Gry converted from the Clone Wars Campaign Guide. In both cases, the converted power was a Control power. Therefore, if advanced Force stealth is going to be based on Force stealth, then it too should be a Control power.

In my previous post, I indicated that I came up with something for Alema Rar's cloak of shadow power. Here it is, though I called it shadow cloak, keeping with the name of the ability given in the Legacy Era Campaign guide.

Shadow cloak
Sense Difficulty: Easy
Alter Difficulty: Varies
Required Powers: Absorb/dissipate energy, concentration, telekinesis
Effect: The Disciple is able to bend the light around himself or herself in a way so that shadows cover the user, obscuring the user from detection.
In game terms, when used in low-lighting areas, the Disciple gains a bonus to all hide and sneak rolls, the amount of which depends on the user’s alter roll.

Bonus Alter Difficulty
+1D Moderate
+1D+1 Difficult
+1D+2 Very Difficult

Note – This sounds a lot like cloak, but one of the key differences is that while cloak bends light to render the Jedi invisible, shadow cloak bends and minimizes the light, increasing the shadows that surround the Disciple. The Disciple can still be detected by a character with darkvision or infravision or a character equipped with night vision or infrared goggles.
dhawk
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more character to add into the fray: Heol Girdun. I made him into rather nasty fellow, given his penchant for torture during interrogation.

Heol Girdun (as of Revelation)
Type: Commander of Galactic Alliance Intelligence/Galactic Alliance Guard Officer
DEXTERITY 2D+1
Blaster 5D, brawling parry 5D+2, dodge 5D, grenade 4D+2, melee combat 5D+1
KNOWLEDGE 3D+2
Alien species 5D, bureaucracy 6D, bureaucracy: Coruscant Security Force 7D, bureaucracy: Galactic Alliance Intelligence 7D+2, cultures 4D+1, intimidation 8D+2, law enforcement 7D, law enforcement: Coruscant 7D+2, tactics 5D, tactics: squads 5D+2, value 6D, willpower 5D
MECHANICAL 2D+1
Communications 4D+2, repulsorlift operation 4D+2, sensors 5D
PERCEPTION 3D+2
Bargain 5D+2, command 6D, command: Galactic Alliance Intelligence 6D+2, command: Coruscant Security Force 7D, con 6D, investigation 7D+2, investigation: interrogation 8D+1, persuasion 7D+2, search 6D, sneak 4D
STRENGTH 3D
Brawling 5D, stamina 5D
TECHNICAL 3D
Blaster repair 4D, Computer programming/repair 4D+2, droid programming 4D+2, first aid 5D, security 7D+2
Force-Sensitive: No
Force Points: 1
Dark Side Points: 5
Character Points: 8
Equipment: blaster pistol (4D), comlink, Galactic Alliance Guard uniform, various interrogation implements

GMgreatness: Thanks for the compliment. I generally comprise the rough draft stats, then add the finishing touches once I receive feedback from Forceally and/or Treefrog. Forceally has a huge extent of knowledge regarding LOTF and remembers a lot of the traits that I have overlooked or forgotten. If you'd like to assist (with Treefrog's consent of course), you could start with converting some of the previously posted d6 stats into SAGA stats; I'm relatively unfamiliar with the system and feel it would be better for someone more educated in building SAGA characters to compile these.

Forceally: Thanks for the correction; I'll fix the blaster:sniper rifle stat on the next revision. I believe you are correct for Advanced Force Stealth being a Control power as well; if you have a brewed up stat for this, I'd like to use it for Ben and add it as a Control, Sense, and Alter power. Do you have a conversion for Flow Walking? The one from the Jedi Academy Training Manual, Memory Walk, is a statted out as a Dark Side power; I believe it should have been an Aing-Tii power, but was never created as such. The Shadow Cloak power looks good and I may use it when I revise Alema Rar, with your permission, of course.

Both (and Treefrog): One area of concern for Ben involves his Lightsaber stat. My understanding was that Ben was lagging behind his peers in lightsaber training, and his duel with Luke was supposed to reflect that (unless he expected more from him than the average student). By the end of the series though, he is said to be on-par with Tahiri. Seems like rather fast progression, so I reflected as 3D+2 starting, 5D by Sacrifice, and 6D by Invincible. What do you think? Should it be statted higher, at least in the two updates?
dhawk
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another set of stats for a Confederation character, Sadras Koyan.

Sadras Koyan (as of Fury)
Type: President of Tralus/Five Worlds Confederation Prime Minister
DEXTERITY 2D+2
Dodge 3D, running 3D+1
KNOWLEDGE 3D+1
Alien species 4D+2, bureaucracy 7D, bureaucracy: Tralus government 7D+2, bureaucracy: Five Worlds government 7D+1, cultures 5D, intimidation 6D+1, law enforcement 6D+2, planetary systems 5D+1, survival 3D+2, value 6D+1, willpower 5D+2
MECHANICAL 3D
Beast riding 4D, communications 4D
PERCEPTION 3D+2
Bargain 5D, command 5D, command: Tralus government bureaucrats 7D+2, command: Five Worlds bureaucrats 7D+1, con 8D, persuasion 6D+2, persuasion: debate 7D, persuasion: oration 7D, sneak 5D
STRENGTH 3D
Stamina 3D+1, swimming 3D+1
TECHNICAL 2D+1
Computer programming/repair 3D, first aid 3D
Dark Side Points: 2
Character Points: 7
Equipment: comlink, datapad
dhawk
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more for the Confederation (and the last d6 stat for that faction), Denjax Teppler, Confederation Minister of Information.

Denjax Teppler (as of Fury)
Type: Five Worlds Confederation Minister of Information
DEXTERITY 2D+2
Dodge 3D, running 3D
KNOWLEDGE 3D
Alien species 4D+2, bureaucracy 7D, bureaucracy: Corellian government 8D, bureaucracy: Five Worlds government 7D+2, cultures 5D, law enforcement 6D+1, planetary systems 5D+2, value 6D+2, willpower 6D
MECHANICAL 3D
Communications 4D+1, repulsorlift operations 3D+2
PERCEPTION 3D+2
Bargain 6D+1, command 5D, command: Corellian government bureaucrats 7D+2, command: Five Worlds bureaucrats 7D+2, con 5D+1, persuasion 7D, persuasion: debate 7D+1, persuasion: oration 7D+1
STRENGTH 3D
Lifting 3D+2, stamina 3D+1,
TECHNICAL 2D+2
Computer programming/repair 3D, droid programming 3D, first aid 2D+2, security 4D+2
Dark Side Points: 1
Equipment: comlink, datapad
dhawk
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the Jedi tasked during Operation Roundabout, who unfortunately met his end at the hands of Darth Caedus, Thann Mithric.

Thann Mithric (as of Fury)
Type: Falleen Jedi Knight
DEXTERITY 3D
Blaster 3D+2, brawling parry 4D, dodge 5D, lightsaber 5D+2, melee combat 4D+2, melee parry 5D, running 4D+1
KNOWLEDGE 3D
Alien species 4D, cultures 4D, languages 4D+1, planetary systems 3D+2, survival 4D, survival: ocean 5D+1, willpower 4D+2
MECHANICAL 3D
Astrogation 3D+1, communications 4D+2, repulsorlift operations 4D, starfighter piloting 5D+1, starship gunnery 5D, starship shields 3D+1
PERCEPTION 4D
Bargain 4D+2, body language 5D, con 5D+2, hide 5D+2, investigation 4D+1, persuasion 6D, search 5D, sneak 5D+2
STRENGTH 3D
Brawling 3D+1, stamina 4D+1, swimming 6D
TECHNICAL 2D
Computer programming/repair 3D, first aid 3D+1, lightsaber repair 4D, starfighter repair 3D+1
Special Abilities:
Attraction Pheromones: Excluding special pheromones and changing skin color to affect others gives Falleen a +1D bonus to their persuasion skill, with an additional +1D for each hour of continuous preparation and meditation to enhance the effects – the bonus may total no more than +3D for any one skill attempt and the attempt must be made within one hour of completion meditation.
Amphibious: Falleen can “breathe” water for up to 12 hours. They receive +1D to any swimming skill rolls.
Story Factors:
Rare: Falleen are rarely seen throughout the galaxy since the Imperial blockade in their system severely limited travel to and from their homeworld. The species has slowly begun to immerse themselves into the galaxy once more.
Force Skills: Control 3D, Sense 3D+1, Alter 2D+1
Control: accelerate healing, concentration, control pain, enhance attribute, hibernation trance, short-term memory enhancement
Sense: combat sense, danger sense, life detection, life sense, magnify senses, receptive telepathy, sense force
Control and Sense: lightsaber combat
Control and Alter: accelerate another’s healing, control another’s pain
Control, Sense, and Alter: affect mind
Equipment: Jedi robes, lightsaber (5D)
dhawk
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more Jedi Knight from Operation Roundabout, Tiu Zax.

Tiu Zax (as of Betrayal)
Type: Omwati Jedi Knight
DEXTERITY 3D
Brawling parry 3D+1, dodge 4D+2, lightsaber 5D+1, melee combat 4D+2, melee parry 5D
KNOWLEDGE 3D
Alien species 4D, cultures 5D+2, bureaucracy 4D+2, languages 5D+1, planetary systems 5D+2, survival 4D+1, willpower 4D
MECHANICAL 3D
Astrogation 5D+1, communications 4D+1, repulsorlift operations 3D+2, starfighter piloting 6D, starship gunnery 5D+1, starship shields 4D
PERCEPTION 3D
Bargain 3D+1, con 5D+2, hide 4D+2, investigation 5D+2, persuasion 3D+2, search 5D+2, sneak 5D+2
STRENGTH 2D
Stamina 4D
TECHNICAL 4D
Computer programming/repair 7D, droid repair 6D, droid programming 5D+2, first aid 4D+2, lightsaber repair 5D+1, starfighter repair 6D+2, starship weapons repair 5D+2, security 7D
Specials Abilities:
Enhanced Learning Capabilities: Thanks to their advanced minds, Omwati children, if properly trained, can absorb and process a great deal of information at a young age. Omwati who were so trained may have a Technical attribute as high as 5D.
Force Skills: Control 3D+1, Sense 3D+2, Alter 2D
Control: accelerate healing, concentration, control pain, enhance attribute, force of will, hibernation trance, remain conscious, resist stun
Sense: combat sense, danger sense, life detection, life sense, magnify senses, receptive telepathy, sense Force
Equipment: Jedi robes, lightsaber (5D), comlink, reconnaissance gear

Last edited by dhawk on Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:43 am; edited 1 time in total
dhawk
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more Jedi Knight from Operation Roundabout, Kolir Hu’lya. That leaves only Jaden Korr and Tresina Lobi left for d6 stats Smile

Kolir Hu’lya (as of Fury)
Type: Bothan Jedi Knight
DEXTERITY 3D
Brawling parry 3D+2, dodge 5D, lightsaber 5D+2, melee combat 4D+2, melee parry 4D+2
KNOWLEDGE 3D
Alien species 3D+2, cultures 5D, bureaucracy 5D, languages 4D+2, planetary systems 4D+1, survival 3D+2, value 6D, willpower 4D+2
MECHANICAL 3D
Astrogation 3D+1, communications 4D+2, repulsorlift operations 3D+2, starfighter piloting 5D, starship gunnery 5D, starship shields 3D+2
PERCEPTION 4D
Bargain 6D, con 6D+1, hide 6D, investigation 6D+1, persuasion 5D+1, search 6D, sneak 6D+1
STRENGTH 2D
Lifting 3D, stamina 3D+2
TECHNICAL 3D
Computer programming/repair 5D+2, droid repair 4D+1, droid programming 4D+2, first aid 3D+2, lightsaber repair 4D+1, security 5D
Specials Abilities:
Force Skills: Control 3D, Sense 3D+2, Alter 2D+1
Control: accelerate healing, burst of speed, concentration, control pain, enhance attribute, hibernation trance, remain conscious
Sense: combat sense, danger sense, life detection, life sense, magnify senses, merge senses, receptive telepathy, sense force
Equipment: Jedi robes, lightsaber (5D), comlink

Last edited by dhawk on Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, I'm glad you liked the shadow cloak power I came up with. I got no problem with you using it. In fact, why don't you PM me a list of these new powers you want to introduce into your sourcebook, and I'll see what I can do about them. Just let me know who used them, and if possible when they use or learn it.

Flow-walking is perhaps one of the trickiest to deal with. From my standpoint, one application of it is the same as farseeing, so in that regard it should be redundant. But what Jacen does with it in DNT and LOTF clearly shows it's more than the Aing-Tii variation of farseeing.

As for memory walk, it can't be an Aing-Tii power. Have you ever read the Lando Calrissian Adventures? Rokur Gepta, the last Sorcerer of Tund, used it to torture Lando in Lando Calrissian and the Flamewind of Oseon, I believe. And in the recently release first issue of Legacy - War, Darth Wyyrlok used it against Darth Krayt.

A minor grammar issue - in every d6 sourcebook, they have sense Force, not sense force.

Here's another power - Theran Force-listening.

Theran Force-listening
Sense Difficulty: Moderate to Difficult, modified by proximity and relationship
Required Powers: Concentration, life detection, life sense, magnify senses, projective telepathy, receptive telepathy, translation
This power may be kept up.
Effect: By learning to use the Force to listen and communicate with the Chorian crystal mind on Nam Chorios, the Theran listeners developed this power. To the Theran listeners, this power is their best way of communicating with any and all alien races, whether they speak via linguistics or some form of telepathy, Force-generated or not.
This power has the following applications:

The Theran listener can hear another person clearly even in noisy or very loud areas.
The Theran listener can listen to or even eavesdrop in a conversation some distance away.
The Theran listener can eavesdrop in a conversation even if there’s a wall or some other obstruction between the Theran listener and the conversation.
The Theran listener can understand a foreign language, but the Theran listener cannot speak it.
The Theran listener can eavesdrop in on a telepathic conversation within fifty meters of the Theran listener.

When the Theran listener activates this power, the Theran listener can choose to use up to two applications for this power. Nearly all these applications require a Moderate difficulty roll. The one exception is the third one; sound-absorbing or soundproof obstructions incur a Difficult difficulty, all others incur a Moderate difficulty.
Though this power can be kept up, this only applies for the application or applications the Theran listener has chosen. If the Theran listener wishes to add a second application or change either or both of them for different applications, the Theran listener must make a new roll or rolls.
If the Theran listener decides to use two applications, add +5 to the difficulty roll for the second application.
The Theran listener can act as a “relay” and allow others to listen in on any conversation he or she is listening to or engaged in. The others must be in physical contact with the Theran listener. For each person the Theran listener wishes to “relay” the conversation, add +5 to the difficulty, as well as any relationship difficulty modifiers.

Luke most likely used this to talk to the Qom Jha and the Qom Qae in Vision of the Future. Mara might have learned this power at the end of the novel as well. Jacen learned this during his five-year sojourn, and Jaina used this in Revelation. To date, no one else in the New Jedi Order knows this power, though since Luke learned this power, he might have taught others.

One last thing for now. You gave Ben Skywalker flow walk? No. Jacen knows that power, but at this point, Ben doesn't. He learned it in Omen, but not during the LOTF.
GMgreatness
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't seen Treefrog around for awhile. So I will leave my offer on the table. Do you have any idea how much is left to do? Is it just character stats at this point? It seems most vehicles, droids, and the like have been done in other sources.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 11 of 22

Jump to: