The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Home Wrecker!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters -> Home Wrecker!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:47 pm    Post subject: Home Wrecker! Reply with quote

Ive got this things for weird droids, both as a player and now as a GM.

Now Im thinking of pitching the group vs a 'rogue' GRZ Wrecker droid.. (rogue or reprogrammed)

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/GRZ-6B_wrecker_droid

However Im a short of interesting ideas for the set up, where, when, what?

Actually I have and idea about where. I was thinking of some ruined industrial wasteland or deep in the bowels of one of the city-planets. I need a general idea why the players are there, and why the droid attacks them (which begs the question who owns the droid if anyone).
Soniv
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about Coruscant? There could be a plethora of reasons why a person needs to go to the Imperial City, and the Underworld is just as good a place as any to lay low while they work on their mission...the droid need not even be owned by anyone living, just forgotten like everything else under the "civilized" part of the planet.
Luwingo_Spince
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What time period are you in?

New republic era - was a lot of reconstruction going on perhaps an empire leaning slicer trying to sabotage the New republics rebuilding effort reprograms different droids with the culmination of the construction bot. Any industrial planet even Coruscant.

Anytime- Perhaps the characters are after a murderer at a construction site when they get too close he turns a wrecker droid on the building their in. Ala I robot.

The wrecker droid is part of an errant brt-planetary computer's army. the computer is slowly infecting all mechanical life. the character must stop the computer before it takes everything over.

A hutt crimelord decides to strongarm a industrial era planet for protection money, when they refuse he sends down a wrecker droid to teach them a lesson. The characters are trading with the planet when it happens and are shot down by said gangster. Now the characters are the only ones with the tech to stop the droid from wrecking the planet.

There's a few ideas...
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luwingo_Spince wrote:
What time period are you in?

About a year before ANH.

Quote:

The wrecker droid is part of an errant brt-planetary computer's army. the computer is slowly infecting all mechanical life. the character must stop the computer before it takes everything over.

Hmm, Im thinking Raxus Prime. Wasnt there some kind of 'super computer' that controlled a lot of droids there? This could also explain the smart actions of a otherwise rather stupid wrecker droid.

Great, thanks for input folks! However, this is still open for grabs anyone who might want to chip in!
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're planning on using the supercomputer, it was destroyed in 2BBY.

Quote:
In 2 BBY, with Paratus out of the way, the Empire had conquered Raxus Prime, using its metals to construct new Star Destroyers. In his attempt to disrupt Imperial activities, Starkiller was sent on a mission to use an ore cannon to destroy an orbiting construction facility. However, one of the Star Destroyers survived, and descended to the surface. Starkiller attempted to flee, but there was little time, and Rahm Kota convinced him he had to neutralize it. Using the Force, Starkiller dragged the ship from the sky, and slammed it into the ground, destroying the ore cannon and many surrounding structures and junk formations.

Meanwhile, the Core, a super intelligent computer that functioned as a planet-wide intelligence of Raxus Prime, possessed Starkiller's holodroid, PROXY. The Core learned about the wider galaxy, and believing that Emperor Palpatine was insufficient to bring order to chaos, decided that it was best suited for the job. It used PROXY and other droids to fight Starkiller in an attempt to escape Raxus Prime, but was defeated and destroyed by the Dark Jedi, who melted the Core's mainframe into slag, freeing PROXY in the process.
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raven Redstar wrote:
If you're planning on using the supercomputer, it was destroyed in 2BBY.

I dont think the universe will collapse if I stretch the timeline with a year.. Wink
Lostboy
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The droid body could have been retrofitted with an old BRT supercomputer. I think that could make a nice character but it's your choice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: