The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

WEG Star Wars RPG R&E books for sale
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules -> WEG Star Wars RPG R&E books for sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:00 am    Post subject: WEG Star Wars RPG R&E books for sale Reply with quote

SW RPG R&E on Amazon.com ...and... SW RPG R&E on Amazon.com

This is for gamers new to this game but also for old timers coming back to it. And maybe I'm wrong, but it seems that a few forum users here may be hardcore into WEG Star Wars, yet don't actually own a copy of this book (R&E). The free stats PDFs are awesome resources, but it seems that some GMs run the core game system completely from memory. And there are those that may only have an illegally acquired PDF (gasp!) and may actually want to own a legal (and physical) copy. Regardless, I think every WEG Star Wars GM should own this book, even if it is the only book you actually have for this game. The original retail price is $30 (1996), and the current top option in the first link is less than that with free shipping from Amazon.

If your budget is tighter, then the second best alternative is to buy the original 2nd edition rule book (1992, the blue book with Vader on the cover) and then download the legally free R&E Rules Upgrade. That won't give you a beautiful glossy full-color book with better presentaton, but in the end you'll have all the same rules. The current cheapest price on this book is only $0.44 plus $3.99 shipping!

Regardless of which way to go for core rules, if you only get one sourcebook then I highly recommend The Star Wars Trilogy Sourcebook: Special Edition. It is a full-fledged companion book to the R&E with a glossy full-color presentation matching the R&E. It also includes an all-inclusive index for itself and R&E.

I hope this helps!
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good thinking Whill. Here's another resource that I usually use. I was able to pick up my spare copy of the R&E from this site for $3. I often see it listed for $8 or $10. You have to check frequently, though, because the low priced items tend to disappear quickly.

http://product.half.ebay.com/_W0QQprZ395340QQcpidZ562480

The normal 2nd Edition is cheap... very cheap. And note that they have rules upgrades out there (legally distributed) so if you own a 2nd Edition book, you can still play by R&E rules.

http://product.half.ebay.com/Star-Wars_W0QQtgZinfoQQprZ2433461
Whill

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good call to add Half.com. I love that site and use it as much as Amazon. FYI to those who aren't familar, Half.com is eBay's bare-bones version of Amazon.com for only books, music, movies and video games. No bidding. FYI.

Amazon and Half.com are both well-known, reputable and secure websites that have policies in place to prevent you from being screwed over by sellers.

Happy RPG-book hunting!
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Whill

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot to post that I found another copy of R&E at one of my local Half-Price Books for less than 1/3rd price. This is one in in damn near-perfect condition and it was marked 9.98. I bought it during an additional 20% off everything sale, so I got it for only $7.98 plus tax. Score! Very Happy
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: