The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Not trying to brag and if I sniped you I am sincerely sorry!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters -> Not trying to brag and if I sniped you I am sincerely sorry! Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GMgreatness
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:14 am    Post subject: Not trying to brag and if I sniped you I am sincerely sorry! Reply with quote

But after a decade of looking for the book at the right price, I finally won my own copy of Pirates and Privateers!! Woot!!!

Now as a gamemaster I can refer to MY book, and not have to borrow a copy from, well um... certain locations. Anyway I haven't been this excited in quite a long time, when it comes to new editions to my RPG collection. I am down to only 6 or 7 books, and two box sets, and I will have all of the second edition. Best part, I got it for only 6.50!!! wOOT AGAIN!

Sorry, I just had to share!!

and That is why you fail...
Nico_Davout
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are lucky. Here I can't buy anything and buying from US, it is uneconomical after adding postal costs (or sometimes you read: ship US only:p)....and when I look sometimes on those cheap prices of sourcebooks on ebay I can't only cry.

Han Solo shot first, midichlosomething do not exist, Rebel Alliance was created as in the WEG books and indoctrination theory is the true ending of ME3.
Critias
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

P & P has long been pretty much my single favorite Star Wars game book, hands down. Enjoy!
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nico_Davout wrote:
You are lucky. Here I can't buy anything and buying from US, it is uneconomical after adding postal costs (or sometimes you read: ship US only:p)....and when I look sometimes on those cheap prices of sourcebooks on ebay I can't only cry.

Oh, I can't even imagine what shipping prices must be like, even assuming that the seller was willing to do an international deal.
Nico_Davout
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes the shipping price is 2-3 times more then the cost of the book. Especially if the seller has only one flat international option because he doesn't want to bother with that too much. This is mostly true for sellers who run 'ebay shops'. I bought few sourcebooks from used bookstores, they had much more acceptable mail costs. Anyway I have Shadows of the Empire and Thrawn's Trilogy Sourcebook, why need more Very Happy ?

Han Solo shot first, midichlosomething do not exist, Rebel Alliance was created as in the WEG books and indoctrination theory is the true ending of ME3.
GMgreatness
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a friend of my wife who is Polish named Marta, and she goes back to Warsaw every summer to visit her family. I bet we could work something out... Let me talk to her and she when her next trip is planned. She would take stuff over to another "Pol" any day. Let me see whats going on, it might be next summer before she goes again. Sometime she goes for Winter holiday. I will get back to you. If I can help out a Star Wars brother I would be happy to help!

Nico_Davout
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GMgreatness wrote:
I have a friend of my wife who is Polish named Marta, and she goes back to Warsaw every summer to visit her family. I bet we could work something out... Let me talk to her and she when her next trip is planned. She would take stuff over to another "Pol" any day. Let me see whats going on, it might be next summer before she goes again. Sometime she goes for Winter holiday. I will get back to you. If I can help out a Star Wars brother I would be happy to help!

Thank you for your kind offer. That is very nice from you and very typical for Americans 8) (I guess you are from US since most folks here are.) . When I was a bit younger I saved my money for beloved board wargame about American Civil War, but there was one problem, I didn't have a credit card to be able to buy on ebay. One guy from Virginia, with whom I was playing board games PBEM, offered me to help. He bought a game on ebay, sent it to Poland before waiting for my money.

GMgreatness
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like May is the next time she is planning on going that way. So we have some time before she goes. I will get back in contact in the spring and get an update.

Daniel

jonnjonnzz
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Critias wrote:
P & P has long been pretty much my single favorite Star Wars game book, hands down. Enjoy!

Ditto - that and The Far Orbit Project.
jonnjonnzz
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:13 am    Post subject: Re: Not trying to brag and if I sniped you I am sincerely so Reply with quote

GMgreatness wrote:
But after a decade of looking for the book at the right price, I finally won my own copy of Pirates and Privateers!! Woot!!!

Now as a gamemaster I can refer to MY book, and not have to borrow a copy from, well um... certain locations. Anyway I haven't been this excited in quite a long time, when it comes to new editions to my RPG collection. I am down to only 6 or 7 books, and two box sets, and I will have all of the second edition. Best part, I got it for only 6.50!!! wOOT AGAIN!

Sorry, I just had to share!!

Congrats. I am only missing a few items for my collection (the Classic Adventures books, Imperial Double-Cross and the 2nd edition GM screen).
GMgreatness
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen Imperial Double Cross on Ebay rather cheap as of late. I have seen a couple GM screen revised editions too. I just missed out on a second copy yesterday!! Drat!!! I would like a back up! That thing sees more use than anything else I own.

jonnjonnzz
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GMgreatness wrote:
I have seen Imperial Double Cross on Ebay rather cheap as of late. I have seen a couple GM screen revised editions too. I just missed out on a second copy yesterday!! Drat!!! I would like a back up! That thing sees more use than anything else I own.

I have the 1st ed and 2nd R&E GM screens, but just the straight 2nd ed I don't have in hardcopy. The 2nd ed is most useful to me for the adventure seed booklet.
GMgreatness
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, win some lose some, I was just sniped on a brand new copy of GG 11 Criminal Organizations for 5.00 bucks!! They got it for a measly 6.50, (sign)Oh well, I did win a couple more nicer copies of some books that I already have!! So some upgraded books will replace some more 'well-loved" copies that I have.

Red 331
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it just me, or have the prices for many of the WEG materials on eBay dropped over the last couple of years? One in particular is the Rules of Engagement book - seems like it used to go for $60 or more, and I've seen several go for under $20 recently. Or have I just been looking more carefully?

What do people think are the hardest to find WEG books/box sets/miniatures out there? The Darkstryder Deluxe set comes to mind, along with the AT-PT miniature. Seems like almost all the Crisis on Cloud City books are missing the cards.
jonnjonnzz
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red 331 wrote:
Is it just me, or have the prices for many of the WEG materials on eBay dropped over the last couple of years? One in particular is the Rules of Engagement book - seems like it used to go for $60 or more, and I've seen several go for under $20 recently. Or have I just been looking more carefully?

What do people think are the hardest to find WEG books/box sets/miniatures out there? The Darkstryder Deluxe set comes to mind, along with the AT-PT miniature. Seems like almost all the Crisis on Cloud City books are missing the cards.

The book values have probably gone down due to the overall decline in teh demand for RPG materials. Also, because pirated copies of teh boks can be found in teh usual places.

When I looked at some of the early modules, they were all missing cards. I was goign to get a second copy of Instant Adventures, but the three I looked at were also missing cards.

I think the Lords of the Expanse is a hard to find set, along with the Star Warriors boxed game.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: