The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

rules for weapon and armor engineering skills ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules -> rules for weapon and armor engineering skills ?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tetsuoh
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:45 am    Post subject: rules for weapon and armor engineering skills ? Reply with quote

I've been looking all around.

What I'm looking for, if it exists, are the rules for designing new weapons and armor and their construction.

I have the basic info for the engineering skill from hideouts and strongholds thanks to whill but thats all I've been able to find.
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is some allusion to it in the Hideouts and Strongholds book, but there is no real explicit set of rules as to how to do anything specific in any supplement that I am aware of.

As a side-note, you will find a number of characters with several engineering skills in the Jedi Academy Trilogy Sourcebook, but there is no information on how to use them. So much potential for that book... so little delivery.
atgxtg
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want something you can use, you can use the Stuff! supplment for the EABA system as a basic design system to swipe.

THe Weapon design rules are downloadable as a freebie sample, and you can convert from EABA to Star Wars D6 by taking the EABApips, multiplying by 2/3 and adding 4. SO something withan EABA damage of 3D (9 pips) would have a SW d6 value of 2/3*9 = 6 pips +4 =10 pips or 3D+1 damage in Star Wars D6.

It's not an exact matchup, but it has worked out fairly well for me. It is simple, and the results are in the right ballpalk. And EABA'S Tech eras match up almost perfectly with the technology levels in GG:Tramp Freighters.

tetsuoh
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had figured as much - It saddens me to kno that they never got around to the engineering and modification rules for weapons or armor - but I suposse I'll just have to make do. The d20 rules arent horrible and could be converted. And I suppose I can take a look at the EABA rules.
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've actually got a lot of resources converted over from d20. They are mostly upgrades rather than rules on engineering. But I suppose if you wanted tolook at the rules on the "Craft" skill, then that might give you some direction.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: