The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Legacy of the Force Sourcebook: Taking any help I can get
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Legacy of the Force Sourcebook: Taking any help I can get Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are sometimes easier to convert anyway. More time consuming, though. I'll have to break out my old rubrics and see what I can do. I can't make any promises that they'll be usable characters, but there's a chance.
dhawk
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back after a little break (been busy with work lately)! Here's the d6 stats for Zekk!

Zekk (as of Betrayal)
Type: Jedi Knight
DEXTERITY 3D+1
Blaster 6D, brawling parry 4D+2, dodge 5D, lightsaber 8D+1, melee combat 6D+1, melee parry 5D+2, running 4D+2
KNOWLEDGE 2D+1
Alien species 4D, bureaucracy 3D, intimidation 5D+1, languages 4D, planetary systems 4D, survival 4D+1, survival: Coruscant 5D+1, tactics 4D, tactics: starfighters 5D+1, value 4D, willpower 5D
MECHANICAL 3D
Astrogation 4D+2, beast riding 3D+2, communications 4D+1, repulsorlift operations 3D+1, sensors 5D+2, space transports 5D, starfighter piloting 7D, starship gunnery 6D+2, starship shields 4D+2
PERCEPTION 3D+2
Bargain 4D+2, command 6D, con 4D, hide 4D, investigation 5D+2, persuasion 4D, search 6D, search: tracking 6D+2, sneak 4D+1
STRENGTH 3D+1
Brawling 5D, climbing/jumping 4D+2, stamina 5D+2, swimming 3D+2
TECHNICAL 2D+1
Blaster repair 3D, first aid 3D+2, lightsaber repair 4D+2, security 5D, space transports repair 4D, starfighter repair 3D+2
Special Abilities:
Force Skills: Control 6D, Sense 6D+2, Alter 5D+1
Control: accelerate healing, burst of speed, concentration, control pain, contort/escape, emptiness, enhance attribute, force of will, hibernation trance, rage, reduce injury, remain conscious, remove fatigue, resist stun
Sense: combat sense, danger sense, direction sense, life detection, life sense, magnify senses, merge senses, receptive telepathy, sense force, sense force potential, sense path, sense surroundings, shift sense
Alter: injure/kill, kinetic combat, shadow bomb, telekinesis
Control and Sense: battle meld, enlighten, life bond, lightsaber combat, perfect telepathy, projective telepathy
Control and Alter: accelerate another’s healing, control another’s pain, inflict pain, link, place another in hibernation trance, remove another’s fatigue, return another to consciousness
Sense and Alter: dim another’s senses
Control, Sense and Alter: affect mind, projected fighting, telekinetic kill
This character is Force-sensitive
Force Points: 6
Dark Side Points: 1
Character Points: 18
Move: 10
Equipment: Jedi robes, lightsaber (5D), R9 astromech droid, StealthX starfighter, vacuum suit

(as of Inferno)
Brawling parry 5D, dodge 5D+1, lightsaber 8D+2, tactics: starfighters 5D+2, starfighter piloting 7D+1, starship gunnery 7D, search: tracking 7D, space transports repair 4D+1
Force Points: 5
Dark Side Points: 1
Character Points: 5
Equipment: Jedi robes, lightsaber (5D), R9 astromech droid, StealthX starfighter, vacuum suit

(as of Invincible)
Lightsaber 9D, melee combat 6D+2, melee parry 6D, hide 4D+1, sneak 4D+2, starfighter piloting 7D+2, search: tracking 7D+1
Control 6D+1
Force Points: 6
Dark Side Points: 3
Character Points: 4

Last edited by dhawk on Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:06 am; edited 2 times in total
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Battlemeld should be two words - battle meld.
GMgreatness
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like we are getting closer and closer on this project, I wish I was capable of stat conversion. The Star Wars Miniatures game has ofcially ended and I find I now have more time for other games. I don't have a clue where I would start, but keep plugging along!! We are patiently waiting, it should be great!!!

and That is why you fail...
Treefrog
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its getting closer to completion....
Treefrog
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's what's still needed [as of today] (SE, D6, or both):

Chapter 2 - GFFA:

Heol Girdun both

Chapter 3 - Confederation:

Durr Gejjen SE
Sadras Koyan both
Denjax Teppler both

Chapter 4 - Jedi Coalition:

Chume’da Allana Djo D6
Kolir Hu’lya both
Jaden Korr D6
Thann Mithric both
Ben Skywalker D6
Tiu Zax both
Tresina Lobi both

Chapter 6 - The Fringe:

Aurra Sing D6
Booster Terrik D6

Chapter 10 - Droids:

R6-Series Astromechs SE
R9-Series Astromechs SE
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This project might be getting closer to conclusion, but the Saga sourcebooks line is also coming closer to conclusion. One week to go before The Unknown Regions come out, although I'm certain I'll be getting a copy from my Borders on Friday at the earliest. My impression of the book so far, based on spoilers posted on the WotC boards, is that this might cause you to modify some of the characters whose main role levels are in the scout class in order to accomodate new feats and talents.

Also, I don't know what you have for Ben Skywalker's Saga stats, but based on his performance so far in FOTJ, I think you should aim at having him focus on the Jedi Investigator talent tree.
dhawk
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Treefrog, you still around? Been a while since I've tackled anything for the sourcebook, but I'll try to knock out some stats for Ben Skywalker at least.
Treefrog
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forceally wrote:
This project might be getting closer to conclusion, but the Saga sourcebooks line is also coming closer to conclusion. One week to go before The Unknown Regions come out, although I'm certain I'll be getting a copy from my Borders on Friday at the earliest. My impression of the book so far, based on spoilers posted on the WotC boards, is that this might cause you to modify some of the characters whose main role levels are in the scout class in order to accomodate new feats and talents.

Also, I don't know what you have for Ben Skywalker's Saga stats, but based on his performance so far in FOTJ, I think you should aim at having him focus on the Jedi Investigator talent tree.

RL has reared its ugly head, so I haven't done much with the LotFSB, but I do intend to finish it. However, I don't really have any desire to modify any of the characters that have been completed, otherwise it'll take even longer to complete, and I don't really have any desire to put this sourcebook on hiatus. The truth is is that the last SE sourcebook I actually purchased was The Clone Wars Sourcebook.

As for the FotJ, both my co-author and I decided from the time that the first book of the FotJ came out, we wouldn't include material from that story arc. Let's face it, we're only about halfway thru the new story arc, and while I have been keeping up with it, it just isn't my favorite (I put it in importance as being lower than the NJO).

The fact is is that I'm getting a little burned out with SW in general.
Treefrog
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's what's still needed [as of today] (SE, D6, or both):

Chapter 2 - GFFA:

Heol Girdun both

Chapter 3 - Confederation:

Durr Gejjen SE
Sadras Koyan both
Denjax Teppler both

Chapter 4 - Jedi Coalition:

Chume’da Allana Djo D6
Kolir Hu’lya both
Jaden Korr D6
Thann Mithric both
Ben Skywalker D6
Tiu Zax both
Tresina Lobi both

Chapter 6 - The Fringe:

Booster Terrik D6

Chapter 10 - Droids:

R6-Series Astromechs SE
R9-Series Astromechs SE
Mandalore
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a R6 Astromech I found awhile back.

R6 Series Astromech Droid

Industrial Automation's R6 droid was the first new model to be released after the fall of the Empire. IA saw it as a chance for a "new beginning" after the failure of its R5 series.
Like the R5, the R6 was intended to be a cheaper alternative to the R2. Unlike the R5, the R6 delivered. It had the sensor and equipment package of the R2, the practicality of the R4 and was still nearly as inexpensive as the R5. The R6 even topped the R2's capabilities in astrogation, storing up to 12 hyperspace jump coordinates. It quickly became as much a success as the R5 had been a failure.

Name: R6 Series
Tracked astromech droid, Expert 5
Initiative: +2 (Dex)
Defense: 13 (+2 Dex, +1 size)
Speed: 8m
VP/WP: -/14
Attack Bonuses: +3 melee (1d3, claw) or +3 melee (2d6, saw) or +3 melee (2d6, arc welder)

Special Qualities: None
Saving Throws - Fort: +3 Ref: +3 Will: +6
Size: S
Str: 14 Dex: 14 Con: 14 Int: 18 Wis: 14 Cha: 12

Equipment: diagnostics package, environmental compensation (vacuum), fire
extinguisher, heuristic processor, holorecording unit, improved sensor package,
infrared vision, internal storage (2 kg), magnetic feet, rust inhibitor, telescopic
appendage, tool mounts (x6)

Skills: Astrogate +9, Computer Use +9, Disable Device +9, Knowledge (astronomy) +9,
Knowledge (repulsorlift vehicle) +9, Pilot +9, Read/Write Basic, Repair +9, Speak
Basic (understand only), Speak Binary

Unspent Skill Points: 15

Feats: Skill Focus (Astrogate), Skill Emphasis (Repair)

Cost: 2,500 credits
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think one might need to read Crosscurent in order to cmoe up with decent stats for Jaden Korr. I also think one should use Kyle Katarn's stats as a guide. Look at how versatile Jaden was with weapons in the game.
ggmoridin
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just a quick question that ive been thinking about lately, when you look at character stat blocks and it has DEXTERITY 3D+1 Blaster 6D is it saying the blaster skill is 6D in total (dex 3D+1 + blaster 2D+2) or 9D+1 (dex 3D+1 + blaster 6D).... its always confused me for some reason
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. Let's take your Dexterity die 3D+1. If you learn a new Dexterity skill, you get 3D+2 in that skill. When you need to make a difficulty roll using that skill, you roll three dice, add 2, and see if you beat the difficulty rating.
ggmoridin
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool cool..... so it was the first example.... that's how i've done it on my character sheet but looking at the stats for pre-made/converted chacters i wasnt to sure on how to read it... just thought id ask... thanks heaps
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 10 of 22

Jump to: