The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

original "Introduce Yourself" thread
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info -> original "Introduce Yourself" thread Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mythiis
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my 2ed with the falcon on it from amazon for 10 bucks.
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found one once for $3. But the general trend is between $20 and $30.
Mythiis
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice... mine was brand new for 4 bucks and 6 bucks shipping 2 days. funny to me.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've bought 3 copies of R&E (to give away as gifts) for $15 each at Half-Priced Books. They show up every now and then.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Mandalore
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all,

Found your site two years ago been hooked on Star Wars D6 ever since. I'm GMing three games currently but have never actually run a PC. I would like to say thanks to Gry, Cheshire, and Foreally(I thinks thats your name), for all the work on the Stat books, they have been a God send.
cheshire

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome! And thanks for joining the discussions.

Have you had any particular book that's been especially useful?
Mandalore
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, Force Powers, The Clone Wars Conversion, and Starship stats have been extraordinarily helpful.
scooba
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys,

New to the forums, been playing RPG's for a few years now, but never really GM'ed, started with D6 Star Wars and played a bit of DnD 3rd Ed and the White Wolf RPG's. Played a bit of D20 Star Wars, but really didn't think much of it.

Had a break from gaming for a few years as didn't have a lot of spare time, I have just started GMing a D6 campaign, set in the Original Trilogy Era and at the moment it seems to be going great and the players are having a blast.

Anyway looking forward to discussing some ideas with everyone!

Scooba
Rerun941
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Scooba! Glad to hear you're getting back into gaming. and especially glad that you're playing SWd6. Smile

May the Force be with you!
Charakan
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello folks, found your forums via google and thought I'd say hello, used to play a lot of WEG D6 Star Wars many years ago and have played some of WOTC version but it irritates me (feat bloat, reliance on minis etc), saw some second hand D6 stuff in a couple of game stores and snapped it up, the D6 rules must be good because I still remember how to play to this day. Got to say theres some great fan resources for d6 out there on the web. Anyway I've rambled on enough, just wanted to say I'm looking forward to some interesting discussions on D6 goodnesss.
Urban Spaceman
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello! Long time lurker, first time poster.

Firstly, thank you all for running such a great forum. It's really helped kick my brain back in to gear, and in to the Star Wars frame of mind.

I used to run Star Wars back when WEG were still producing stuff, and me and my mates loved its simplicity and pace.
Many, many years, and two false starts later, and it looks like I'm going to be running it again, for a different group of friends.

Am almost done with character creation (just tweaking some backgrounds for future evilness), with two weeks left to re-read the rules, and flesh out a begining adventure.

All this has brought me back here, and encouraged me to register, as I'm sure you peeps will be able to help me get the spark going again when I hit that creative brick wall; I have definately noticed my imagination has slowed down a lot in the last 15 years or so!

Aside from all that, I'm 34, based in the UK, and keep telling myself that I'll grow out of roleplaying, but (thankfully) I doubt it'll happen!

Thanks for reading, and look forward to hearing from you all.

Oh, and sorry in advance if I post things in the wrong areas!!
kinseyfs
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Figured I would introduce myself. Been playing WEG d6 for quite some time now. To give an idea, I remember when there were only two books. Probably won't see a lot of posts from me, but I will post from time to time.

Honestly, I forget how I found the board, but I was searching for SAGA conversions. I am ecstatic to see an active D6 community.
cheshire

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic. Welcome aboard. I'm glad to see that the conversions are bringing in new people to the community. Granted, it's kind of a side-effect rather than intent, but we're glad of it nonetheless.
alf
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I'm new to the forums. First of all, I want to thank for fanbooks. They are great, everything needed in few books Very Happy .

I'm familiar with SW D6 RPG for almost 20 years. I'm a GM with average experience. At present I try to adapt combat rules for visualization of encounters (both ground and space) on hexmat.

greetz
Rafal
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not all are fanbooks. Thanks to the work of several of our dedicated members there are also conversion PDFs of the more recent D20 sourcebooks.

I'd catagorize fanbooks as more either a collection of prexisisting source material (both WEG stats and conversions D20 stats) under their own specific title (and give a huge thanks to Gry for most of these as he did so much towards them for us) or a completely fan original sourcebook. Conversion Guides are the stats PDFs that set out to strictly convert stats from some of the newer D20 sourcebooks while keeping the name of that sourcebook to say what the stats are linked to in my personal view. Both the collections and conversions are absolutely great and may well be must haves.

Wanted Poster
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
Page 29 of 64

Jump to: