The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

The Stats Books Re-edit - Corrections and Suggestions
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> The Stats Books Re-edit - Corrections and Suggestions Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GMgreatness
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has changed greatly back when I was a kid in 1981 it was 10.50. It has jumped by 3 bucks a year just about every year since. I go normally at least once a year to Disneyland Resort in California. However 2 years ago when we went to Walt Disney World Resort in Florida, my wife and I and my daughter blew through 3 grand in about 9 days, including acomidations, food, park entrance fees and parking, car rental, goodies, and flights!! That place was so expensive, I thought going to Endor owuld soften the blow, but we never landed!!! We did blow up a Deathstar, and meet this weird droid named Rex that sounded surprisingly like Pee-wee Herman hmmm. lol

Back on topic, I am just about done with the stats I will post the later.

and That is why you fail...

Last edited by GMgreatness on Tue May 18, 2010 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a few ideas myself, so it will be interesting to see how close our ideas are.
Roguesrule
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not completely sure, but has there ever been a conversion for force whirlwind (p. 110 D20 revised core rulebook)?
Perhaps this could be added.
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that we covered something like this in the KotOR book.
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Force whirlwind power has been covered. G. M. Sarli associated it with Force wind. Then there's the KOTOR conversion.
atgxtg
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correction: In the Weapons book , pages 82-83 the Malaxan Firepower Incorporated FWG-5 Flechette Smart Pistol is misidentified as the Malaxan Firepower Incorporated DWG-5.

Since the weapon is identified as the FWG-5 in both Galladinium's Fantastic Technology and in the Arms and Equipment Guide, the Weapons book entry must be a typo.

Sorry guys, I don't want to nitpick, it just that I was looking up the FWG-5 for a player and noticed the error. At least it is a easy fix.
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good catch, atgxtg. There's certainly no need to apologize, it's exactly this kind of tiny errors that I'd like to iron out of the next edition, and it would be simply impossible for me to find them on my own, without many people going through the books and pointing them out.

Thanks.
atgxtg
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gry Sarth wrote:
Good catch, atgxtg. There's certainly no need to apologize, it's exactly this kind of tiny errors that I'd like to iron out of the next edition, and it would be simply impossible for me to find them on my own, without many people going through the books and pointing them out.
Thanks.

Glad you like it, because I found a few more Shocked (One player keeps asking me about stuff he sees online, and when I look up stats for him,
I run across these things).

The Prax Armor Protector Hold Out Dart Shooter (Weapons Book Page 81) is listed as model PRP-500 and lists it soruces as Galladium's Fantastic Technology (pp. 72-73), Arms & Equipment Guide (p. 24) and Ultimate Adversaires (p. 154).

The one listed in Weapons, is idential to the one in Galladium's, but the pistol listed in the A&E guide is the model PRP-502, which can be broken down into four components,, that are easily concealed and reassmebled. A&E lists the PRP-502 at 300 credits. I don't know what model is in Ultimate Adversaries.

The Drolan Plasteel Repeating Crossbow is listed in two places in the Weapons book (page 70 and page 82). Both have the same name, but differernt stats. I'll post both for comparison.

[PAGE 70]
Model: Drolan Plasteel Repeating Crossbow
Type: Repeating crossbow
Scale: Character
Skill: Crossbow
Ammo: 10
Cost: 400, 40 (per 10 quarrels)
Availability: 3
Range: 3-12/35/130
Damage: 2D+2
Game Notes: It takes a full-round action to reload this
weapon.
Source: Arms and Equipment Guide (page 26)

[PAGE 82]
Model: Drolan Plasteel Repeating Crossbow
Type: Crossbow
Scale: Character
Skill: Missile weapons: crossbow
Ammo: 20 quarrels
Cost: 700
Availability: 1, 2
Fire Rate: 2
Range: 3-8/20/35
Damage: 3D
Game Notes: Upon releasing a quarrel, the next projectile
automatically loads into the firing groove.
Source: Gundark’s Fantastic Technology (page 17), Tales of
the Jedi Companion (page 125)

The descriptions of thew two weapons are similar, right down to the firing groove, even if the stats differ. I suggest either dropping the weapon from the A&E Guide (going with D6 over D20) or possibly change the names slightly:

The one from the A&E Guide could be callled the Drolan Plasteel Repeating Light Crossbow.

The one from Gundark's and TOTJ could either be the Drolan Plasteel Heavy Repeating Crossbow, or go by it's other name of Drolan Plasteel Auto Caster.

Regardlesof what they are called, they should both be in the same section of the book too. Ones under Projectile Weapons and the other under Projectile Shooters. Perhaps those two sections should be combined, anyway?

Idea BTW, It would be nice if you could add in the Era for all entries, not just spaceships. It helps a lot when playing in the prequel era. Even an Era: Unkown entry is valuable information.

It's hard taking a FWG-5 away from a Jawa . The little thief doesn't care ifit hasn't been invented yet! Wink
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much, those are some great finds.

As for adding Eras to other things besides ships, I have thought about it. The only problem is that it would be quite a lot of work to go hunting for all that info now...

Although the Source of the item is usually a good indicator of what era it belongs to.

Last edited by Gry Sarth on Wed May 19, 2010 8:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
atgxtg
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Gry,

THis isn't an error but I would like a slight clarification. The Mennotor DAS-430 Electromagnetic Projectile Launcher (Weapons book, page 80), lists the damage as: 2D (if the dart does any damage, target must make a Difficult stamina roll or suffer a -1D Dexterity penalty and
be paralyzed for 1D rounds).

If the target is paralyzed, the Dexterity penalty seems moot (if you can't move, you can't use DEX). Since the DEX penalty seems to have the same duration as the paralysis, I don't see how the DEX pernalty would ever be relevant.

I tried to find the orginal d20 specs on the Wizards Website for clarification, but failed my Computer skill roll Embarassed (lousy wild die).
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The target is paralyzed for 1D rounds, but the text says nothing about how long the Dex penalty lasts for. So you'll probably be walking around with that Dex penalty until treated, even though you were paralyzed only for a few seconds. I'll rearrange the text to make it clearer.
atgxtg
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gry Sarth wrote:
Thank you very much, those are some great finds.

As for adding Eras to other things besides ships, I have thought about it. The only problem is that it would be quite a lot of work to go hunting for all that info now...

Why not bring to bear the power of the fanbase? Lots of people here use the stats book, and it wouldn't be hard for some of us to take a 10-20 page chunk or so of one of the books and find the era for most of the stuff.

That way you would just have to work at any new addtions.

In fact, that would probably be a good way to do the corrections, too. Right now it is really hit or miss. If someone happens to be looking up something and spots an error, they report it. With a bunch of volunteers going over sections, you could get the books proofread and (mostly) corrected a lot faster, in a more orderly fashin and at a pace of your choosing.

But that's just my suggestion. If it won't work for you , that's cool too. I can't complain-those books are a lifesaver when I am putting adventures together. I took forver to flip though 150+ supplments to find something in particular. Not to mention all the new stuff that there wen't stats for.

So however you want to do it is fine.

Gry Sarth wrote:

Although the Source of the item is usually a good indicator of what era it belongs to.

Usually. I've gotten burnt once or twice in the Clone Wars era, but usually the soruce is a good indicator. The worst oops was when the group was flying around in a ship that didn't exist (yet), but at least I let them (crash) land on a planet before taking it away.
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking when siting ships and such in your compilations, do you think you could put page numbers. I'm trying to find the original piece for the Crinya-class light freighter, and can't. Sad I looked through vol. 1-5 of classic adventures and couldn't seem to find it.

Edit: Never mind... I figured out that I just don't have that book Sad
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raven Redstar wrote:
I was thinking when siting ships and such in your compilations, do you think you could put page numbers. I'm trying to find the original piece for the Crinya-class light freighter, and can't. Sad I looked through vol. 1-5 of classic adventures and couldn't seem to find it.

Edit: Never mind... I figured out that I just don't have that book Sad

In addition to your post in another thread here, I also found this page where maybe you got the stats from. It states:

Quote:
Crinya-class Light Freighter

A common light freighter, manufactured by Gallofree Yards, better known for the development of their famous medium transport. Like this famous medium transport, the Crinya-class light freighter, too, is used usually by the Rebellion. While the larger medium transport has gained the nickname "Rebel Transport", the Crinya-class transport became not poular enough the get also a nickname. However, the Crinya-class transport is a reliable freighter with fast sublick engines and excellent maneuverability for a freighter.

Source
Ship Name: Planet Jumper
Appearance: Classic Campaigns, pg. 90
Stats: modified

Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's in Gry's Starship stats R&E. Also, the stats from that page are the stats from Classic Campaigns Which was a book I didn't have.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: