The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

'Atoning' DSPs
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters -> 'Atoning' DSPs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:15 pm    Post subject: 'Atoning' DSPs Reply with quote

In my group I have two 'Jedis' (well, at least they have rudimentary training and a lightsaber). One has a DSP and the other has two..

They will encounter Shak Tii (before Starkiller) who will have a reason to help these unhapful fools. This would require atonement for the DSPs. I will allow the 'special conditions' of Felucias force sensitive surroundings to allow the characters to meditate and take in the peaceful surroundings which will mean a kind of fast-atonement.

However, beyond meditating I want to have some exercises or tasks required as part of this atonement. Anyone with any ideas of what to do on Felucia to do some good deeds?

(Dont worry, Im not to lenient on my players, 'someone' will show up and put an end to it).
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about a sort of "vision quest" like Luke had where they enter a place strong in the dark side and have to face their greatest fear. Vader? The Emperor? Star Killer? Otherwise, the quest could be having to forsake all worldly possessions and venture into the wilds of Felucia survive while relying only on knowledge and defense, ect...
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooo ooo ooo! I know. Do a rendition of Domain of Evil. It's in Classic Adventures Vol 2. I ran it, and if you use it as inspiration (rather than running it by the book), then it's a fantastic jumping point for an adventure. Plenty of opportunity for vision quests and for your Jedi.
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheshire wrote:
Ooo ooo ooo! I know. Do a rendition of Domain of Evil. It's in Classic Adventures Vol 2. I ran it, and if you use it as inspiration (rather than running it by the book), then it's a fantastic jumping point for an adventure. Plenty of opportunity for vision quests and for your Jedi.

So, a Felucian Shaman twisted by the Dark Side perhaps should be the source, or some 'weird' sarlacc?
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hows about link their attonement to what GOT them the dsp in the first place.
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:

+1

Really, the difficult thing about atonement is making the right (read Jedi) choices in difficult situations; living by the Jedi Code without lapse. They should be facing situations that force them to consider the meaning of the Code, their relationship with it and the Force and situations that cause them to have difficult moral choices.

Donate to Ankhanu Press
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:

Ok, both are kind of 'failed jedis'.

One was a padawan when order 66 killed his master. By chance he was not present which he feels guilt about. After that, with only little training, he has been walking a violent path on the edge of the Dark Side. He recently found (and used) a 'dark' lightsaber which has resulted in an additional DSP.

The other is a kind of prodigy(Shes now currently 16 years old with 'maxed out' starting force skills.), if not on the same scale as another famous jedi prodigy. She was found working as a servant by a Jedi travelling through the outskirts of the galaxy. After a few years of training her master was killed by this lovely lady:

The bounty hunter missed the young and she ran away, eventually ending up in questionable spacer circles and bars. Here she eventuall ended up using her abilities for own gain to embezzle and con people out of credits. During this time she became quite a competent pilot given her age. Eventuall she ended up in a small rebel group, which got her away from bad company and most tempations. Shes still a rather 'fringe' character though.

This 'atonement' will be something of a freebe, given Felucias special surroundings. Probably they will have to face something evil, perhaps causing 'dreams' from their particular backgrounds, and if they succeed find some kind of 'serene' place good for meditating and atoning.

Obviously they will later return to continue the atonement and beging training (if the girl havent got another dsp she will have none). But that will at the same time Starkiller is leaving.... Twisted Evil
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you are making it a little too easy to atone. Especially if that place is always going to be there for them to atone from. To me when they atone, then do it again, it should become harder and harder to atone, especially if it was from the same act.
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
Sounds like you are making it a little too easy to atone. Especially if that place is always going to be there for them to atone from. To me when they atone, then do it again, it should become harder and harder to atone, especially if it was from the same act.

Ah, but when they arrive the 2nd time as 'Starkiller is leaving' means Shak Tii is dead and the force-sensitive fauna and people has fallen to the dark side.
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even with that twist, I still agree with Garhkal, it sounds really weak. But if it furthers your game, it's gotta happen.

Donate to Ankhanu Press
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: