The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

original "Introduce Yourself" thread
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info -> original "Introduce Yourself" thread Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for chiming in. If there's anything we can do for you, just give us a shout. We'll do what we can.
dhawk
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everybody.

I'm relatively new on the forums, started off assisting Treefrog with stats for his project, the LOTF sourcebook. Played Star Wars d6 on and off for a good portion of my youth, and PbP on the Star Wars Roleplaying Club forums as an adult, both as a player and a GM. I hope to contribute whatever I can for other gamers to use, and help keep the spirit of Star Wars d6 alive.
bobenhotep
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

greetings fellow D6 Star Wars refugees!!!!

I played this version of star wars for years, and loved it. a lot of people i knew played weg sw as their first gaming experience. i made a lot of my own stuff for the games and really enjoyed playing and gm'ing before i got married with children.

i hope some of the things i made years ago can be used by others now...
Random Numbers
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello fellow rpgers!

I just started playing Star Wars again. After many years of alter realities it's good to be back in the real world again!
Akatala
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:08 am    Post subject: Howdy from an old but no-longer-silent lurker! Reply with quote

I have been been a follower of Rancor Pit for many years as a GM and fellow player always on the lookout for new ideas. I'm not sure exactly why I've never bothered to jump into the forums until now, but that doesn't really matter.

Anyway, I want to pass a howdy to the folks here and some giant hugs to the folks that keep Rancor Pit running for all these years! I seriously don't know what I would have done without all of the helpful information, tools, and links your site has provided over the years.

May the Force (and the dice) be with all of you. 8)
~Akatala
bigox6942
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been a member since 2008, but my first time posting. I'm a long time SWd6 GM since the game came out in 1988. I own about 90% of the books.
Just started running a new SW Rpg at my local hobby store.
Jame Rowe
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I joined up while looking for d20-to-d6 conversions. Mainly to find any Boston MA area gamers. No luck so far but it's been like a week.
cheshire

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Jame. Sorry that my schedule isn't accomodating games at the moment. I'm thinking about seeing what I can do about organizing something of a short campaign at Pandemonium Games in Cambridge sometime in the future, though. They're within walking distance of the Central Square stop on the Red Line.
Cowboy Hat
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:05 pm    Post subject: Hello everyone Reply with quote

Long time reader, finally registered.

Will have many questions - mostly to do with reaction skills and some house rules for second edition revised and expanded.

...And how you're meant to balance a game with a Verpine with his +2D in all Technical when your only other player at the moment is a Droid lovin' Jawa

(that sounded wrong didn't it),

Anyway, hi everyone - I'll save the actual questions for the forums. Just wanted to say hello.
Jame Rowe
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheshire wrote:
Hey Jame. Sorry that my schedule isn't accomodating games at the moment. I'm thinking about seeing what I can do about organizing something of a short campaign at Pandemonium Games in Cambridge sometime in the future, though. They're within walking distance of the Central Square stop on the Red Line.

When you do so, let me know. I don't often get to Panda-moaning (he he he he he!) 'cause it's getting expensive to take the subway - but for D6 SW I would.

Just so long as I get to mock you for your schedule (or not!) when we do meet!
cheshire

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jame Rowe wrote:

Oh geez, with two kids, a full time job and trying to work my way into a PhD program, it's not easy to get time to go hang out at a game shop.
Jame Rowe
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheshire wrote:
Jame Rowe wrote:

Oh geez, with two kids, a full time job and trying to work my way into a PhD program, it's not easy to get time to go hang out at a game shop.

Oh my GODDESS. You have a life! You're not enough of a roleplay-gamer! Razz Wink And you call yourself a Star Wars Fan at that! Twisted Evil (Yes, I am just teasing.)

I don't know if you can get up to Danvers (and I understand why you wouldn't have time), but there's a game store by name of Toys N Things; the owner has a lot of the WEG stuff, and says he's worked for them on the Indiana Jones line.
GMgreatness
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

long time lurker, and second time sign up, my original account was deactivated for being inactive, and I don't think I posted more than one time with it. But anyway I have played the game since about 1991 as a player, start trying to Gm when second edition came out, and really got going as a Gm in the late 90's once the game officially ended. We had a really cool group of about 5 players, and me and another guy took turns Gming after each story arc(usually 3 to 4 sessions). Anyway I moved away to Boise Idaho for a job oppurtunity and got really involved with the Star Wars Miniatures game by Wotc because I didnt really know anyone here at the time, and didn't have a lot of time to devote to a Rpg. As the years went by i have formed a close knit group of friends from the Miniatures game, and with the game ending next month we have decided to play on occasion but start playing the Rpg game. I volunteered to GM on the condition we played the D6 version of the game.(I am not a big fan of either D20 game). I am super excited to see all the conversions and fan fiction toos though, as there are some really cool things in the EU and prequels that it will be nice to have stats for. Anyway thanks for letting take up some of your time. I am busy at work getting the game going, I am usinf The twin Stars of Kira as my launching point, and then I will write my own stories from there, once I havea feel for the group and PCs.

and That is why you fail...
cmdrcody
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:23 pm    Post subject: Greetings! Reply with quote

Just stopped by to say hi. My son and I are learning the RPG system (finally), and came to a point where we felt we had to decide WHICH system we would jump into.

We have all the D6, D20, and SAGA books, so there was a bit of a decision. Do we go with the new (SAGA), or go with what seemed like it would be the best system (D6)?

We chose D6, in no small part because of this website and the wonderful stat conversions that are lovingly done by the members. We don't feel like we've had to give up anything, as the SAGA and other D20 stuff has been or is being converted.

We thank you for this, and look forward to learning how to play this wonderful game.

Any Tucson, AZ players or GMs out there?
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very happy to be able to help a father-son duo. Have a great campaign!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
Page 27 of 64

Jump to: