The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

D6 Wiki
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters -> D6 Wiki
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BSDOblivion
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:32 pm    Post subject: D6 Wiki Reply with quote

dropping a line to you all to invite you to take a look at the new D6 Holocron wiki that i have been putting together. ive been working on this site for a few months now with the help of a few to put together a one stop shop for all of the D6 Star Wars information. right now im hopeing to only have the stock WEG and converted Wizards information entered for easy access and browsing. later i will be working on the custom and fan based information/options.
also i have set aside a small area for story line information that i hope will be available for all of your games and archiving the information for history of the players. please visit the D6 Holocron at http://d6holocron.wikia.com/wiki/D6_Holocron_Wiki

i do hope to see you all there soon.
Andrew Zavadin
BSDOblivion
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
BSDOblivion
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:34 am    Post subject: update Reply with quote

OK, i figured it just may be time for an update for the Star Wars D6 Holocron WIKIA project i started a while back.

i and a few others, from around the world i found, have been adding and organizing the old and new data from all sources we could find. so far i can boast even more to having the most complete list of force powers EVER again, as well as celebrate reaching over 4300 articles. and it just keeps rising. this is all due to the work from the dead WEG, the resurrected WEG, wizards of the coast, and the good people of the Rancor Pit.
this entire project has been incredibly daunting, and the more we complete the more that we tend to find that is needed. BUT, i can say that we are not quitting yet. there is still a lot more work to do even before i can even think of taking the leash off and see how my creation grows. I also can say that after all this time that i did find the exact job i would have in the Jedi Order. Im the bloody librarian at the Jedi Temple.
So, i leave this message to thank you all for your own work and do hope that i made at least some of you happy with our work.
so here is me dropping you another line and hoping that i see you all soon at the WIKI.
and if you have anything to offer in information, suggestions, complaints, advice, or just to poke and kick me while im down feel free to do so.

BSDoblivion
Andrew Zavadin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Moebius
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This site is incredible!
BSDOblivion
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:05 pm    Post subject: D6 WIKI Reply with quote

HOLY DARTH LUCAS A REPLY
and at the right time too. i was starting to think its not beeing seen or used at all
ty
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have looked through your site earlier. Quite nice but I didnt really find much I didnt have before.

If you want to start a revolution, come up with a galaxy map with hyperspace travel times besides the lanes.. Wink
BSDOblivion
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:02 pm    Post subject: space lanes Reply with quote

ZzaphodD wrote:
I have looked through your site earlier. Quite nice but I didnt really find much I didnt have before.

If you want to start a revolution, come up with a galaxy map with hyperspace travel times besides the lanes.. Wink

i did make a spreadsheet a long time ago that did have the published times of travel from one system to another, but its all incomplete due to the limited information that is available. as for an actual map im still looking into getting a bud that uses MIA (whatever its called) to make this. unfortunatly its not going to be available on a wiki, to big.
mostly the wii is intended to be a place for all the published and converted information to be housed in one place. most of what we have is already available thru the published and compiled books, but i wanted to make it easier to find the information when you want it. in a way a tribute to the hard work of people from places like the Rancor Pit.
lordnordeth
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BSD-Don't give up! I keep your site up on my Netbook during all of my games! I find it much easier to scan through the site and find what I need, rather than stopping the game to root through the books!
Liquidsabre
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey BSD, just caught this and wow very cool man! I run a lot of my games with a PC at the game table so I love me some online tools to play with. Keep up the good work!
BSDOblivion
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:12 pm    Post subject: NEW DOMAIN Reply with quote

greetings all
due to changes in the wikia sites i have decided to move the entire d6 holocron to its own server and domain. we are still in the process of moving all of the content from one to the other and its all like doing the work all a second time. in this process i am having my crew clear out the old site as i do no want any of the people who wish to use the Holocron to endure all of the adds that now plague the wikia pages. yes i do understand the site is made to make money, but they went way to far with the adds taking over everything.
so during this process some information will appear on one and disappear off the other. i do hope to see you all on the new site and do appreciate the support on this all.
and then comes to how you can help. please feel free to contact me on the email, thru the facebook group, or try yelling out your window if your in the chicago area.
thank you very much
BSDOblivion
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZzaphodD wrote:

well getting close on this. before i had to start transfering all of the data to a new domain i did manage to start organizing all of the systems and planets to the respected area of space. as for the travel time from point a to b i have not been able to even find an official set of rules to even base it off of. i have found a few unofficial, but most are really lacking.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BSDOblivion wrote:
ZzaphodD wrote:

well getting close on this. before i had to start transfering all of the data to a new domain i did manage to start organizing all of the systems and planets to the respected area of space. as for the travel time from point a to b i have not been able to even find an official set of rules to even base it off of. i have found a few unofficial, but most are really lacking.

If anyone wants to attempt this project, I cannot stress this enough: Get the Essential Atlas. It's the best cartographic analysis of the Star Wars galaxy that I have seen yet. It also includes political maps that show the situation as the story of the EU progresses. It doesn't show hyperspace travel times, but using it as a source, combined with known transit times as posted in the Rulebook, will definitely make things easier.
BSDOblivion
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:02 pm    Post subject: astrogation chart Reply with quote

crmcneill wrote:
BSDOblivion wrote:
ZzaphodD wrote:

If anyone wants to attempt this project, I cannot stress this enough: Get the Essential Atlas. It's the best cartographic analysis of the Star Wars galaxy that I have seen yet. It also includes political maps that show the situation as the story of the EU progresses. It doesn't show hyperspace travel times, but using it as a source, combined with known transit times as posted in the Rulebook, will definitely make things easier.

ok this is as far as we have gotten, as an update, its everything that was ever published in a game book from weg. i still need to look into the d20 and saga for more as well as i do have someone working on the rest. but its going to be a long road ahead.

http://d6holocron.com/New_Folder/

check it out if you want but i dont recomend printing it out unless you want to piss off your pc pilot in the group

and yes i did just shove it into a folder marked "new folder" (cuz i was lazy)
hazardchris
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw that you posted my Pink Five stats, I also got a chuckle that you included my signature in the stat block.

I sometimes make pictures. [REQUESTS CLOSED]
BSDOblivion
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:50 pm    Post subject: pink five Reply with quote

hazardchris wrote:
I saw that you posted my Pink Five stats, I also got a chuckle that you included my signature in the stat block.

mostly i just c/p the posting from here, but i did want to make sure that if i do have the source that i reference them. its only polite. now if i can just get the vids to play on the home page of the new holocron site it would be great. stupid copyrights
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: