The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

What are your favourite Jedi takedown techniques?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters -> What are your favourite Jedi takedown techniques? Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe cause in the movies they did not want ion grenades around.
bobenhotep
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i maybe should start another thread
i ran high level force users as nasty monsters that went bump in the night. you took away their lightsabers they just got nastier.

disarmed jedi attacks
-jedi telekenetically ejects your blaster power pack
-telekenetically pulls pins on your grenades
-nudges your weapon so you cant shoot accurately

-even nastier when he turns on your jet pack when you are in a hallway

The Chijawa said so, that's why.
Doomhead
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer chainsaw hand and BOOMSTICK!!!!

http://www.box.net/shared/cn6f7sdkog
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
bobenhotep
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at work i often say " listen up you primitive screwheads, this is my boomstick!"

the chijawa approves of your message

Doomhead
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry had to throw the quote out there, just finished watching Army of Darkness.

http://www.box.net/shared/cn6f7sdkog
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
bobenhotep
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my point was that i had no force using pcs. i had one major force using npc, and she was nasty! She didnt even bother to use her lightsaber most of the time. just doing dumb things like turning lights on and off or opening doors at the wrong time was bad enough.
she would eject blaster power packs and then beat the enemy senseless. she pulled pins out of grenades and blew up whole squads of pdf droids.
anyway,you get the point

garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get it.. Heck one of the more hated badie dark jedi i had loved Tking a TD that the party had...
DoubtBreak
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read somewhere that at least some types of grenades and/or thermal detonators had unlabeled buttons on them, and arming them required the right combination, to prevent them from being used by enemy forces. I think it was in a game strategy guide, so it's nowhere near official material, but it does make some sense. As for taking down a Force-user, I have 2 favorites which no one seems to have mentioned:

1. Flash mines. There are no official D6 rules for them, I house-ruled it to damage vs Perception (instead of Strength), and instead of injuring they give a temporary -#D to skill rolls due to disorientation, in addition to Force-users losing their concentration on any powers they're trying to maintain (if their rolls fail). They don't kill, but they can even up a fight.

2. Gravity. In one of my campaigns, a space station was set up with a security system that could lock down areas by increasing the artificial gravity fields (to 5x normal gravity, I think)- anyone who doesn't pass out from that gets to see how many stun blasts they can take from the guards outside the high-gravity zone. In another situation there was a fight in a starship that had crashed upside-down, while someone was turning the artificial gravity on and off repeatedly- it didn't help them much but it made melee combat really interesting.
Nico_Davout
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How to take down a Jedi? Ask a professional Smile HK-47

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPeI4mX8Nus

Han Solo shot first, midichlosomething do not exist, Rebel Alliance was created as in the WEG books and indoctrination theory is the true ending of ME3.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DoubtBreak wrote:

2. Gravity. In one of my campaigns, a space station was set up with a security system that could lock down areas by increasing the artificial gravity fields (to 5x normal gravity, I think)- anyone who doesn't pass out from that gets to see how many stun blasts they can take from the guards outside the high-gravity zone. In another situation there was a fight in a starship that had crashed upside-down, while someone was turning the artificial gravity on and off repeatedly- it didn't help them much but it made melee combat really interesting.

I have done that before.
BSDOblivion
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:07 pm    Post subject: re: Post subject: Whats your favourite Jedi takedown techniq Reply with quote

hallway with 4 gravity plates to control remotely. up up down donw left right left right. you get the idea
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
scott2978
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not just use a jawa ionizer? It can't be deflected, because as soon as the lightsaber connects with it, the lightsaber ceases functioning.
Dan Solo
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:05 am    Post subject: Re: re: Post subject: Whats your favourite Jedi takedown tec Reply with quote

BSDOblivion wrote:
hallway with 4 gravity plates to control remotely. up up down donw left right left right. you get the idea

B A Start?
jmanski
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROTFL!

No, that's Contra....
bobenhotep
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

star wars electronics are probably really heavily emp shielded, considering they work next to big huge reactors, ion engines, and in space. they probably dont havethe fcc thing that says they must accept interference.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10

Jump to: