The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Holonet
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules -> Holonet
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nico_Davout
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:27 am    Post subject: Holonet Reply with quote

Holonet is a TV and internet in one place. How do you use it in your games? In Hero's Guide there was information that you need a special cylinder (which is very costly) in order to use it. In my games I allow player to use it as normal internet (of course when Holonet is available, place, time and era) by paying for it from their personal accounts. Something like mobile internet.

Where there any rules in any sourcebook for Holonet?

One more question, when Obi-Wan Kenobi was speaking with Jedi Council from cloning facilitates in Episode 2 he was doing this via holonet (only possible real-time communication) with additional holographic equipment. Right?

Han Solo shot first, midichlosomething do not exist, Rebel Alliance was created as in the WEG books and indoctrination theory is the true ending of ME3.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Holonet Reply with quote

Nico_Davout wrote:
Holonet is a TV and internet in one place.

...when Obi-Wan Kenobi was speaking with Jedi Council from cloning facilitates in Episode 2 he was doing this via holonet (only possible real-time communication) with additional holographic equipment. Right?

Yes, but the holgraphic projector and camera allowing live, 2-way holographic communication is not really considered "additional". The holographic equipment is standard with the holonet technology. Is it possible to access the holonet without holographic displays and on a flat-screen? Yes. Or even no images at all and only text information like some websites on our internet? Sure. Or even voice-only communication with no images or text? Yeah. But holographic capability is standard, thus why they call it the holonet.

Nico_Davout wrote:
In Hero's Guide there was information that you need a special cylinder (which is very costly) in order to use it. In my games I allow player to use it as normal internet (of course when Holonet is available, place, time and era) by paying for it from their personal accounts. Something like mobile internet.

Wi-fi. That makes sense. The holonet has to be wireless because it connects multiple star systems together, and because it is FTL communication.

Nico_Davout wrote:
How do you use it in your games?

All my games are around the time of the classic trilogy, so th Empire has exclusive control of the holonet. But individual planets or even systems may have their own small-scale version, like an intranet.

Nico_Davout wrote:
Where there any rules in any sourcebook for Holonet?

Don't know off the top of my head, but maybe someone will reply to that.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: