The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Protecting non-jedi from the force?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules -> Protecting non-jedi from the force? Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:13 pm    Post subject: Protecting non-jedi from the force? Reply with quote

Is there an official way (preferrably equipment/material) to shield someone vs the force, or more specifically against mind tricks?

I know about the animal that pushes back the force, but I need something you can put into a helmet or armour for example.

With official I mean including the EU.
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not anything to do with Star Wars but I've always liked the idea of an [url=http://wiki.uqm.stack.nl/Excruciator_(Ur-Quan)]excruciator[/url]

It's basically a device that keeps the user in constant agony and that agony makes it hard for someone to form a psychic connection with the user and manipulate them mentally.

It's not cannon but it could perhaps be adjusted to fit what you're looking for.

[Edit] I cn't figure out why my link isn't working normally Mad [/edit]

Simply stand closer to the object you wish to view.
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seem to remember some device for holding captured jedis while under transport..some kind of carrying cage with some kind of forcefield. Anyone knowing what Im talking about?

Could have been in a 'stat-less' SW book.
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty sure that was just a Force Cage, and it pretty much just kept the Jedi (or others) immobile and unconscious.

Donate to Ankhanu Press
Rerun941
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found this article on Wookieepediea: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Force_cage

I think GG10: Bounty Hunters and The Dark Empire Sourcebook had stats for containing Force-users.
Doomhead
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rerun941 right-o: Page 89 of the Bounty Hunters Guide.

Although in Dark Empire its called the "Universal Energy Cage"

Model: Imperial Universal Energy Cage
Type: Enclosed prisoner transfer system
Scale: Character
Cost: 100,000 credits
Availability: X (restricted to legal governments)
Move: 15: 45KMH
Game Notes: Energy cage encloses prisoner In a force field with a Strength of up to 15D (unit only
applies as much energy as necessary to restrain prisoner, so the energy level is often much lower when
not being resisted). Somehow, the cage emanates a special type of energy that blocks Force energies and
similar mental energies with an effectiveness of up to 15D. The unit has a special repulsor unit keeping
the prisoner suspended in the center of the cage. This bottom mounted unit also supplies oxygen to the
prisoner (there are no provisions for food and water; it is presumed that a Jedi will go into hibernation if
he or she spends a long time in the cage).

http://www.box.net/shared/cn6f7sdkog
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Nico_Davout
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HK-47 gives a lesson how to handle jedis Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPeI4mX8Nus

Han Solo shot first, midichlosomething do not exist, Rebel Alliance was created as in the WEG books and indoctrination theory is the true ending of ME3.
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doomhead wrote:
Rerun941 right-o: Page 89 of the Bounty Hunters Guide.

Although in Dark Empire its called the "Universal Energy Cage"

Model: Imperial Universal Energy Cage
Type: Enclosed prisoner transfer system
Scale: Character
Cost: 100,000 credits
Availability: X (restricted to legal governments)
Move: 15: 45KMH
Game Notes: Energy cage encloses prisoner In a force field with a Strength of up to 15D (unit only
applies as much energy as necessary to restrain prisoner, so the energy level is often much lower when
not being resisted). Somehow, the cage emanates a special type of energy that blocks Force energies and
similar mental energies with an effectiveness of up to 15D. The unit has a special repulsor unit keeping
the prisoner suspended in the center of the cage. This bottom mounted unit also supplies oxygen to the
prisoner (there are no provisions for food and water; it is presumed that a Jedi will go into hibernation if
he or she spends a long time in the cage).

Thank you, this is exactly what I was after..
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the sparks campaign we have developed a force resistance advanced skill based on willpower.

Force Deterrence - Advanced (Knowledge)
Force Deterrence is an advanced skill under Knowledge with the base skill of Willpower. To learn ‘Force Deterrence’ the trainee must have a minimum Willpower of 5D. It will take 4 gaming sessions to learn and will cost 7,000 credits like any other advanced skill. In addition the player must find a trainer, due him requiring specialized knowledge or use of the Force. The advanced skill starts at 1D like other advanced skills. Unlike other advanced skills it is used ONLY for resisting Force powers and does NOT add to basic Willpower rolls unless the Willpower roll itself is used to resist Force powers. ‘Force Deterrence’ is used to resist Force powers of a mental nature that allow resistance with Control or Perception rolls (receptive telepathy, sense force potential, farseeing, projective telepathy, dim other’s senses, affect mind, control mind, illusion, memory wipe, and mind rape). This power does not help with Force powers manifesting a physical effect (force push, injure/kill, telekinesis, force lightning, inflict pain, and telekinetic kill).

Special Note:
a) Keep in mind that the Force power ‘Force of Will’ uses Willpower to boost the protection number. With ‘Force Deterrence’ the target would make a Willpower plus Force Deterrence roll for the protection number.
hazardchris
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To my knowledge, there's no piece of small tech that can protect you. Just training from what I've seen.

It's one of the reasons that a lot of people are so mistrustful towards the Jedi in the books, they can do things to your mind and there's nothing that you can do about it.

I sometimes make pictures. [REQUESTS CLOSED]
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hazardchris wrote:
... a lot of people are so mistrustful towards the Jedi...

This is a factor that, I think, isn't very well addressed in most games, unfortunately.

Donate to Ankhanu Press
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hazardchris wrote:
To my knowledge, there's no piece of small tech that can protect you. Just training from what I've seen.

It's one of the reasons that a lot of people are so mistrustful towards the Jedi in the books, they can do things to your mind and there's nothing that you can do about it.

Well, given the price of the above Universal Energy Cage, I dont think the fact that there is a piece of tech availible to disrupt the force will not influence the fact that people mistrust jedi. Not that many has 100.000 Cr to shell out for Jedi protection.. Wink
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not really "protection" either... you still have to get the Jedi IN the cage. I imagine that's like trying to get a cat into a box it doesn't want to be in Razz

Donate to Ankhanu Press
hazardchris
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seem to remember that you can disable a Jedi's ability to call upon the force by subjecting them to frequent randomized low-power jolts of electricity that disrupt their concentration that they can't call upon the force. So perhaps something like Fett's fiber cord combined with a power source could be a nasty surprise for a Jedi.

On a side note, I enjoy coming up with ways to defeat Jedi. A Shotgun-style blaster rife (I think they're called scatterblasters) tends to be particularly effective.

I sometimes make pictures. [REQUESTS CLOSED]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: