The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

building droids?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> building droids?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggmoridin
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:19 am    Post subject: building droids? Reply with quote

i was just wondering if anyone knew where the rules for building droids were! i already have a fully fledged droid program which is effectively a pilot program but oh so much more....

i was hoping to possibly upload her to a droid at some point but don't have access to a body but may have parts to build one but i don't know where the rules are for that type of thing.... any help would be greatly appreciated!
Rerun941
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was an entire sourcebook devoted to Droids and had droid creation rules:

Cynabar's Fantastic Technology: Droids
ggmoridin
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesome... thanks heaps rerun... ill give it a download
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although be careful, i found those droid creation rules to be a bit overpowered.

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
ggmoridin
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the warning vong.... i was going to have my gm look over them with me, though the only problem now is getting him to confirm whether or not what im using is actually a droid or a computer Shocked

though its also handy that i now know you really should have the (A) droid engineering skill, looks like its going to take a while longer than i thought it would, especially due to the fact that i dont have a teacher and my character has no skill in droid repair yet Confused
schnarre
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...There were rudmentary rules for custom droids in the 2nd Ed. rule book (not R&E). The Cynabaar rules are the most in-depth to date for construction, though I found myself adjusting prices compared to what was arrived at (the numbers didn't always make sense--I once threw together an expendable battle droid, yet arrived at a price 5 times that which seemed appropriate Rolling Eyes ). For doing a PC droid, use the rules in the Star Wars Rules Companion.
bobenhotep
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i never liked how cinnibar counted skills the same as attributes when building droids. i always built droids on the following formula

1D attribute die=3D skill die
1D skill die=3 die specializations.

droids normally had 14D attributes and 10D skills

but you could build a pc droid with 13D attributes+13D skills

i wouldnt go much further than that
schnarre
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

....Back in 1st Ed. I would draw up a generic droid with a profile in mind (often by Degree of the Droid in question 1st-5th), generally using stats for established droids as a base, & drawing the deviation from there. Typically, the new droids had lower ability, but there were exceptions...for the right price. I tended to assign prices based on what "felt" right (a mass-produced droid model won't typically be over 1,000 credits, for example).

...When 2nd Ed. came out, I had to rework a number of models & rework the prices accordingly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: