The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Special Abilities as Character Improvement
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> Special Abilities as Character Improvement Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DarthMortis
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:

I personally feel it is best to grant all the dice for skills and advantages at character creation and then let the characters advance normally, but to each his own.

The only problem I see with this is it's somewhat unrealistic. I realize that the whole concept of Star Wars is unrealistic, but I mean you can teach yourself to be ambidextrous. But some things you can't teach yourself, like, have a Photographic memory would have to be taken at character creation. Some abilities should be from creation only, but you should also have other ones that you can learn throughout your career as a PC.
"I believe the Jedi are weak so they give up their emotions. I believe the Sith are weak so they give up to their emotions. I lay somewhere in the middle, not afraid to keep my emotions, but afraid to lose myself in them." - Daroth Mortanis
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Kothys Ca'Kre
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In our game we have some of that. I'm running most of the time, but also have a character to swap in... he's a Bothan Smuggler with ties to SpyNet, and his SpyNet Status is an advanced skill, adding to relevant rolls for dealing with SpyNet operatives.

We'll probably/hopefully eventually get to Soccorro to meet the Black Bha'lir, and Status with them will be the same way... ditto perhaps with a House in Tapani.

We're also nailing down how we want to do various skills that are signature abilities. I'm pondering a Mandalorian status/skillset for our bounty hunter, and we've already got Lightsaber Forms in-game.

For the ideas like lekku or climbing claws, those are either gimme's or have a trade off. For example, our Bothans have +1D to the range of Perception attribute, -1D to Strength range. They also lose two pips from any use of heavy or large weapons made for human-sized users, but gain two pips to Willpower rolls. The emotion-responsive fur is free, because it's of limited, mostly descriptive use.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: