The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Conversions - The Force Unleashed Campaign Guide
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Conversions - The Force Unleashed Campaign Guide Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amra
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Yet another reason why the "New" Star Wars material is over powered and shinier, brighter, faster etc. Even though most of the stories take place before the original trilogy!!!

This is slightly apocryphal. You don't think GL would have had shinier, faster more powerful Force showings had he been able to use 2008 technology in 1977 and the early 80s? And keep in mind, it's still GL's show. He signs on off on all this stuff, and from what I read in TFU graphic novel, even had a lot of input on story/character/etc for TFU.
Quote:
As a society we've developed ADD... and it's hurting Star Wars

I'm in my mid-30s and I am a part of the SW generation. I also do not have ADD. Or ADHD. Or whatever other glib diagnosis that you don't understand but feel compelled to dole out. I am completely satisfied with newer interpretations of the Force.

If you somehow believe that the lightsaber duel between OWK and DV in ANH is better than their duel in RotS, you are squarely out of your gourd.
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amra wrote:
Quote:
As a society we've developed ADD... and it's hurting Star Wars

I'm in my mid-30s and I am a part of the SW generation. I also do not have ADD. Or ADHD. Or whatever other glib diagnosis that you don't understand but feel compelled to dole out. I am completely satisfied with newer interpretations of the Force.

If you somehow believe that the lightsaber duel between OWK and DV in ANH is better than their duel in RotS, you are squarely out of your gourd.

You've quite clearly misinterpreted my tongue-in-cheek comment. And it is a well documented (psychologically) fact that western society attention spans are dwindling... that's not to say everyone is distracted by every shiny object that winks at them, but... ah, forget it.

Donate to Ankhanu Press
Amra
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not questioning the existence of attention span issues (I work in education), I'm questioning how new interpretations of SW and the Force are related. Your argument essentially is:

Attention spans in western cultures are short.
Star Wars is a part of western culture.
Ergo, SW fans have short attention spans.

Seems insufficient.
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also seems like a joke, rather than an actual topic of debate. I'm going to suggest we just pretend it never happened; one of the great things about this board is that bickering fights almost never happen... let's not be one of the few Smile

Donate to Ankhanu Press
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I'm not usually the topic police, but we've really drifted.

We should work towards drafting rules and stats for Gry's compilation and not working against each other. I'm sure that we can start a new thread somewhere in house rules if we've got FU stuff to talk about that we don't intend on going in the PDF.
Lostboy
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe this has been asked but now could vader teach starkiller force lightning when he didn't know it.
Lostboy
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was in a lords of the force game and one of the powers was improved enhanced attribute. Prerequisite enhanced attribute, control pain, remain concious, reduce injury, magnify senses, control disease.

Activation roll:Control roll diff 0 +5 per die added to attribute cannot add more dice than the users Control rating. This power can be kept up.

It may not be part of the force unleased cannon but it is definitly in the power scale. Just thought you might enjoy it.
jmanski

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good way to add power. Perhaps something similar for Enhance Skill?
Lostboy
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enhance skill? isn't that what concentration is for.
jmanski

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only for one turn. Enhance skill can be for multiple turns (up to 3, IIRC).
Lostboy
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm it would seem i am unfimiliar with that power. but the ability to enhance skills and attributes seems like double dipping to me.
cheshire

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll get a jump on some force powers for you guys to look at. They're taken from the FU campaign guide and converted as accurately as possible.

Quote:

Corruption-
duplicates Bolt of Hatred

Force Shield-
see lesser force shield and greater force shield

Quote:

Force Blast
Alter Difficulty: See chart below
Required powers: telekinesis
Time to use: one round
Warning: A Jedi who uses this gains one Dark Side Point.
Effect: This power allows a Force user to launch a blast of compressed air and debris. The power has a number of applications, both practical and sinister. It allows the Jedi to clear a blocked passageway of debris or other obstacles. However, it has been used by the less scrupulous to hurl a barrage of projectiles at life forms standing in the Force user’s path. Any Jedi who uses this on a sentient being gains an immediate Dark Side Point.

The amount of damage done by the blast is determined by the chart below:

Difficulty............Damage
Easy.................. 3D
Moderate.............4D
Difficult...............5D
Very Difficulty.....6D
Heroic................7D

Quote:

Force storm - see force storm
Kinetic combat - see kinetic combat

Quote:

Force Repulse
Alter difficulty: versus opposed Strength or control roll
Required powers: telekinesis
Warning: A Jedi who uses this power to harm a sentient being gains an immediate Dark Side Point.
Effect: A Jedi will choose to use this power when surrounded by opponents in close quarters. He or she may create a temporary bubble with the Force that pushes everyone (and everything) back two meters in every direction. All characters surrounding the Jedi may make an opposed Strength or control roll. If the opponent succeeds, then the character remains unmoved. If the Strength (or control) roll should fail, then the character is forcefully pushed two meters. Furthermore, the opposing character is moved an additional meter for every five points higher that the Jedi rolls.

The opposing characters may be slammed into any nearby solid objects, dealing an immediate 3D damage. However, this earns the Jedi an immediate Dark Side Point.

cheshire

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been looking at the Purify Power and the Corrupted Power force secrets. Do we want to try to convert those?
Rerun941
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it's the 10 year old schoolboy in me, but you may want to refer to it as the "Unleashed" Campaign Guide rather than the "FU" Campaign Guide. Laughing
cheshire

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 10 year old schoolboy in you would love to know that we had a college in my area that had to rename itself something other than Friends University of Central Kansas. Truth.

I understand the concern, and in most of my abbreviations, I'll probably list it as FUCG (as bad as that can be), and let Gry decide how/if he wants to abbreviate. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: