The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

New GM Help
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters -> New GM Help Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amra
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just remember, Space and Vehicle combat are the great equilizers of the d6 Universe. Most non-Jedi dump CPs into Dodge and Blaster, while there's the rare Smuggler/Pilot who actually puts something into Piloting and Gunnery. If your group starts getting sloppy on the ground, slap them around a little bit in the stars.

A fizzled hyperdrive in a heavily patrolled hyperdrive lane, or being stuck on a planet with a zero tolerance for carried/concealed weapons should get them to stop stat boosting and start thinking.

And a prolonged holiday to Myrkr for any snooty Jedi is a must.

I lost my lightsaber in Mos Eisley 45 minutes into my first game as a failed Jedi. Wild Die complication on a sense Roll in the middle of that city and I woke up 5 minutes later with everything gone. Effing Jawas. Getting your lightsaber back from Jawas with a freshly made Jedi when you have no resources and very few skill dice is a creative endeavor. Taught me some humility very quickly.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea. Hit them where they have neglected. Like with me, a lot of the characters in the sparks campaign neglected survival, tracking, stamina and the like. Till i started having modules tiered to those skills.
enderandrew
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you want the PCs to die occasionally from random die rolls?

Making a powerful enemy combatant means that will happen.

When I'm looking to challenge players, I try to challenge them with their decisions. There is a rather big galaxy out there. The players are bound to be outnumbered and outgunned.

Put them in positions where simply pulling out their blasters won't be enough. Challenge them to come up with unique solutions.

As for actual combat, I go small or go large. Either outnumber the PCs with a large group of weak opponents (stormtroopers and the like) or one rather powerful NPC that the group has to gang up on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: