The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

original "Introduce Yourself" thread
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info -> original "Introduce Yourself" thread Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ravenarchon wrote:
Also yeah, while I don't exactly MIND the class systems for star wars I do agree that D6's more free and loose skill system does seem to fit the feel better. At least the original trilogy. Honestly I could totally almost point out what class every character in the prequals is, but the prequals character's were kind'a cookie-cutter in some ways so that might be why.

*nod* Gotta agree with that assessment of characters original vs. prequel. d20 does kinda fit for a prequel style game.

Ravenarchon wrote:
And as for Pathfinder, I already looked it over once and I am rather impressed by what I've read so far. I especially love what they did with the Paladin (my favorite class).

Glad there are other people using Pathfinder Smile I've been fairly happy with it. While 4e was kinda fun to play, it was fun within the context of what it is... quite frequently during our sessions something along the lines of:

person1 - What?!?! That makes no sense!
person2 - 4th edition... roll with it.
person1 - Riiight.

happens. If you don't think about the *why* or *how* of the rules and just accept it, it flows much better. But I still don't think it's a system that works very well with a campaign involving any kind of narrative Razz

Donate to Ankhanu Press
hanker
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:56 am    Post subject: Someone new again... Reply with quote

Hi!

I'm new here too. Rolling Eyes Currently trying to restart my six year old SW-Campaign and looking for D6-Sources.

Oh yeah, and by the way...

Volar the Healer wrote:
Ask you're Eurofriends how many of them have played 'Die Rote Auge'. Almost everyone in Germany I spoke to plays that instead of D&D. But it's just a D&D knock off.

I think you mean "Das Schwarze Auge", which was published as "The Dark Eye" in english. And no, it is *not* just a D&D "knock off". Wink

(Uses 20-sided dice (three of them, to be exactly), but has a totally different and much more advanced attribute / talent system. Own background (though a lot of "typical" low / medium fantasy elements). Totally own magic system.)

Greetings from germany!

René
Zarash
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, I am new. I posted a little while back ago and just found this thread.
I am 33 years old name is Bryan and like all kind of games. My gaming buddies are my brother 16 and nephew 16. I have been collecting and getting games for as long as I can remember. I love trying to figure out rules and game mechanics.

I first started playing D&D around 7 years old. My friend and I did not really know what we were doing but we tried like heck to understand and play with the rules. My parents used to play board games with me so I think thats how I started liking and playing board games later on.

I like alot of different games ranging from complex to simple games. Some of my favorite games are Battletech, Space Hulk, Descent, Heroscape, Battlelore, Federation Commander( Star Fleet Battles is just a little to much info to take in), Star Wars Star Warriors, Wings of War, Video Games, and D&D old version to 2nd not the newer 3rd and 4th.

Other games I have and really only played a few times are Babylon 5 A call to Arms, Mechwarrior, Mage Knight, Star Wars mini's. I actually have about 400 minis as I got through a trade with alot of my BTech mini's that I am semi regretting now because the mini's game is a very basic game. My brother and nephew talked me into getting them. The only saving grace is all this is good because now I have alot of mini's for the roleplaying game.

Warmachine is also a game I played one time using proxies of Mechwarrior mini's and Mage knight mini's that I have using the Prime remix rulebook. It seems like a pretty solid game from the 1 game I played. I just play to many other games that I like and forget I have this one. I know I am missing a few but this is most of the stuff I have.

So far of what I have read I really like the game mechanics of the D6 roleplaying R&E. I have not played a game yet but looking over everything it seems to be pretty straight forward and easy to understand.

I have been plucking away trying to convert and read the rules for about 2 weeks now. My problem is I am very unimaginative. To gm a game you have to have a good imagination and be a good s*** and I am neither lol.

So far I have:
R&E 2nd
GG6 older version
Tales of the jedi
Adventure journal issues 1-4 its one book
GG10 newer version Bounty Hunters
On way through the mail is Shadows of the Empire sourcebook and the Truce at Bakura sourcebook.

I have a long ways to go reading still. I have not read all of any one book as I have been skipping around reading them. Its more then enough to give me a start trying to figure things out.

So far my brother made a jedi character and nephew made a Smuggler type character. I have no idea where to start or how to bring them together to meet each other. I may post later in another thread if you all don't mind giving me some types of ideas because like I was saying I really suck at thinking things up. I try my best but really started doing this for my brother and nephews benifit. I like trying to gm but it does not always work out well. I am thinking about putting them in between the 3rd and 4th movies. Not much is said about that time period.

Sorry for the long post but figure it would be good to try to make some type of introduction here. I also ramble on at times so sorry if I bored you all.
shadoes
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howdy folks,

Posted a couple times then found this thread so figured I would post up here.

I am 38 out of Tulsa Ok, been gaming since I was 12. D6 SW is my favorite system of everything I have played and recently convinced one of my groups to give it a shot. I still have all my the books I have collected, 1st edition thru 2nd R&E.

Anyway will keep this short just saying hello.

Ed
The Game Guy
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to all the newcomers. It's great to see that there are so many SW D6 fans out there
Space Coyote
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another new guy on board. Discovered The Rancor Pit a while back, and was thrilled to find an active Star Wars D6 community, even though I hadn't played since my mid-90s high school days. I have to say that I've been very impressed with the helpfulness of the members here and the sense of camaraderie throughout these forums.

I've been what you guys call a "lurker" for more than a year, and have frequently kicked myself for not registering when a topic came up that I really felt like chiming in on. I decided that it was finally time to register when some buddies I'd been having over for the occasional wargame expressed an interest in getting back to some tabletop RPG. I'd only ever GMed once before (a bad, but educational, experience), but was the obvious choice for running a game of Star Wars, and now I've got a whole group of gamers on my hands wondering whats going to happen next. I'm a bit curious about that, myself.

I'm looking forward to participating in the forums, and have already sampled one of Gry Sarth's outstanding source books. Can't wait to take further advantage of what this site has to offer.

And incidentally, having chosen the name "Space Coyote" (an old favorite), I find it hilarious that the very next name on the memberlist is "ChaosWolf." I have no idea who that is!
Argamoth
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:50 pm    Post subject: Agamoth Reply with quote

I'm back to the forums again.
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome

Donate to Ankhanu Press
Bulldogzeta
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm new to The Rancor Pit, but a long-time Star Wars d6 GM. I've run with the same small group for nearly 15 years now. I was amazed there's as many people still interested in Star Wars RPG as I have found here.

I'll be seeing you around. Very Happy
Jackoheart
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome

I have searches over many blogs and old websites concerning D6. This is the only active one I have seen.
Kora Tyr
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Kora Tyr, Left my Power Light sabre at the Temple of Greyskull so your safe. Glad to be here. First time with the Star Wars D6 and happy to learn it.
Well, I'm still here and he's a ghost
Obi Wan Kenobi (Weir Al)
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey. Welcome to the pit. If you've got any questions, feel free to ask. We'e got a pretty active group of people here, and we're working on keeping the new D6 material flowing.
Kora Tyr
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahh that's good. I like an active game. I should have much fun here.
Well, I'm still here and he's a ghost
Obi Wan Kenobi (Weir Al)
Obi-Jon-Kaliburr
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello the the Forum!

I GMed STAR WARS D6 from 1986-1996, and am just about to start a new game in March for a local roleplaying club in Bolton, UK.

In 1998 I was looking towards working for West End Games, but they went bankrupt at just the wrong time Sad

I have been a professional rpg designer and artist, but have retired due to ill health. Through 1993-1996, I self-published a series of SWRPG fanzines called STAR WARS THRILOGY, which were very well received, with readers enjoying my 'obsessive' adherence to the swashbuckling style of the SW movies and their design aesthetics. They adapted the Marvel Comics, Dark Empire 2, Dark Forces and The Phantom Menace to the WEG system, as well as lots of brand-new material and dozens of new illustrations.

I have read all the WOTC SW books but intensely dislike D20 (although the source material is often quite good).

I have considered self-publishing a new, non-profit, fully revised SW RPG, overhauling the original rules, streamlining and adapting them to the new realities of the Prequels and approriate rules accommodations.

That's enough from me. I don't know how much if a presence I will have here, but I have been much encourgaged that the spirit of WEG's SWRPG survives Smile

- John
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the pit! im sure you will fit in here very well Razz

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
Page 25 of 64

Jump to: