The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Clone Wars Campaign
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters -> Clone Wars Campaign
View previous topic :: View next topic  
themuffinman1201
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:33 pm    Post subject: Clone Wars Campaign Reply with quote

I'm planning on running a Clone Wars campaign, but I have a little problem. One of my players wants to be a jedi, but that would mean he would be an apprentice at the time. So naturally he would need a master.

How do I incorporate the master into the adventures?

Also, what should I start the force stats at since it would make sense for the jedi to not completely suck as an apprentice?

And can anyone tell me where I can find the stats of Anakin towards the end of the Clone Wars (around where he hit Knight-hood)? I'm not too concerned about the other Jedi stats because Anakin is the only one that progressed a significant amount in that time. Thanks for the help.
hisham
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you can do is to have the Jedi Master MIA during a solo mission and the Council can't spare anyone to be a substitute at the time, so the apprentice is out on his own and is assigned to the rest of the PCs. Naturally he's also looking out to see if his master is alive and if he can be rescued.
TrueGrit
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The master should really only be a plot device, IMO but certainly he/she could contribute greatly to the background of any campaign. As evidenced by the movies it was not uncommon for padawans to be given an independant assignment - Anakin was given the task of ensuring Padme's safety for example. Given what was apparently a chronic manpower shortage for the Jedi during the Clone Wars it would be easy to assume the master is on the "important" mission and the padawan is given the "milk-run" (though it never turns out that way for PCs does it!?!) to keep them busy and give them some essential experience operating on their own.

As for stats, Gry Sarth provided this:
Galaxy Guide 15 - Attack of the Clones. It has Anakin's profile; however you are to consider that Anakin was not a "typical" padawan learner.
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On that PDF you get Anakin's Ep2 stats. And here are his Ep3 stats (from the ever-upcoming Ep3 Sourcebook) so you can create something in-between:

Anakin Skywalker (Darth Vader)
Type: Jedi Knight/Sith Apprentice
DEXTERITY 3D
Blaster 4D+2, blaster artillery 4D+1, brawling parry 6D, dodge 6D, lightsaber 11D+2, melee combat 6D+2, melee parry 8D+2, vehicle blasters 5D+2
KNOWLEDGE 2D+2
Alien species 5D+2, bureaucracy 4D+2, cultures 5D+2, intimidation 5D+2, languages 5D+2, planetary systems 6D+1, scholar: Jedi lore 4D+1, scholar: Sith lore 5D+1, streetwise 6D, survival 5D, value 4D+2, willpower 7D+1
MECHANICAL 3D+2
Astrogation 6D+1, capital ship piloting 7D, capital ship shields 4D+2, repulsorlift operation 5D+2, starfighter piloting 11D, starship gunnery 9D, starship shields 6D
PERCEPTION 2D+2
Bargain 3D+2, command 8D, con 4D, gambling 4D+1, hide 4D, persuasion 7D, search 7D, sneak 4D+2
STRENGTH 3D
Brawling 8D, climbing/jumping 7D, lifting 7D, stamina 7D+2
TECHNICAL 3D
Armor repair 6D, capital ship repair 5D, lightsaber repair 7D+1, security 6D, starfighter repair 5D
Special Abilities:
Force Skills: Control 10D+2, sense 9D, alter 10D
Force Powers:
Control: Absorb/dissipate energy, accelerate healing, concentrate, control pain, detoxify poison, enhance attribute, hibernation trance, reduce injury, remain conscious, resist stun
Sense: Combat sense, danger sense, instinctive astrogation, life detection, life sense, magnify senses, sense Force
Control and Sense: Farseeing, lightsaber combat
Control and Alter: Feed on dark side, waves of darkness
Control, Sense and Alter: Affect mind, telekinetic kill
This Character is Force-Sensitive
Force Points: 8
Dark Side Points: 10
Character Points: 22
Move: 10
Equipment: Lightsaber (5D), Jedi utility belt, robes.
TrueGrit
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there anything you don't have the stats for Gry? Very Happy
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just one or two things. But I'm halfway done with them and should be finished by tonight. Wink
l0mathon
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my current Clone Wars campaign, two of my players are using Jedi characters. One is a full-fledged Jedi (mystic) and the other is an apprentice. The apprentice characters master is the Jedi General overseeing GAR operations in the sector the campaign is taking place in. He is mostly involved as a teacher and once in while ace in the whole-type character, but for the most part the Jedi characters are sans master and things are going well.

I am also using the master as a potential Dark Side/Dark Jedi encounter for the group to role-play their way through as he slowly moves from a 'what would a Jedi do' to a 'what would a general/warlord do' attidude about the Clone Wars. He is increasingly make choices to save his own men's lives and innocent bystanders of CIS troops be damned. Eventually he'll fail that all important Dark Side Point roll and fall and then the group will either have to redeem him or get their rear ends handed to them when they try to take him down Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: