The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Revenge of the Sith Sourcebook
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Revenge of the Sith Sourcebook Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 72, 73, 74  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sith'Ari Lizanthrin
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gry, Cheshire, if you guys want my Wookiee fast hands to do some text please just shoot me names and I will be on it in a flash.

Alexis
*winks*
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet!

Try your hand at R2-D2. That should be easy enough. Thanks a lot. You're a great help.
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's thelist of characters that still need texts:

Anakin Skywalker (Darth Vader)
Artoo-Detoo
Bail Organa
Bana Breemu
Baron Papanoida
Bene
Breha Antilles Organa
Captain Jeremoch Colton
Captain Raymus Antilles
Captain Gregar Typho
Cat Miin
Chi Eekway
Chewbacca
Coleman Kcaj
Corla Metonae
Coruscant Rescue Ops
Count Dooku (Darth Tyranus)
Cyn Drallig
Dannl Faytonni
Delva Racine
Duke Teta
Fang Zar
Fema Baab
General Grievous
Giddean Danu
Governor Wilhuff Tarkin
Janu Godalhi
Jar Jar Binks
Koyi Mateil
Lampay Fay
Lieutenant Barrow Oicunn
Lushros Dofine
Mace Windu
Malé-Dee
Mas Amedda
Meena Tills
Merumeru
Mon Mothma
Moteé
Nee Alavar
Neimoidian Guard
Nute Gunray
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Olana Chion
Orn Free Taa
Ottegru Grey
Padmé Amidala
Palpatine (Darth Sidious)
Passel Argente
Po Nudo
Poggle the Lesser
Queen Apailana
R4-G9
Romeo Treblanc
Rune Haako
Rystáll Sant
Salporin
San Hill
See-Threepio
Sheltay Retrac
Shu Mai
Silya Shessaun
Sly Moore
Tannon Praji
Terr Taneel
Tion Medon
Tundra Dowmeia
Wat Tambor
Whie Malreaux
Yoda
Zett Jukassa
Zo Howler
Sith'Ari Lizanthrin
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome I will begin work on some Tuesday, tomorrow alas if taken up with panels and tests. Hooray for the breast press! (have a tumor might be cancer might just be a fatty cyst, here's to hope).

Should I post here or email/pm them?

Alexis
*smiles*
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck with the test. Hope it comes out clean.
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, may the Force be with you.

Then, it's better to post the texts here, so other people can look at it and check if it's lacking something.
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sith'Ari Lizanthrin wrote:
Awesome I will begin work on some Tuesday, tomorrow alas if taken up with panels and tests. Hooray for the breast press! (have a tumor might be cancer might just be a fatty cyst, here's to hope).

Should I post here or email/pm them?

Alexis
*smiles*

Let's up for the fatty cyst. You'll have my thoughts and prayers.
Commander Cody
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my first text in a year (or more), so please be kind. I am going to try and post one daily and see if we can't finish this book up. Thanks for your patience.

Cody

Nute Gunray

As the many different battles that comprised the Clone Wars spread across the galaxy. Nute Gunray found himself to be more of a commander than a Businessman and this was not a position he enjoyed. While the many members of the Separatist Council lead there troops on different fronts, Nute Gunray was put in charge of one, convincing the royal families of Kashyyyk to join the Separatist movement. However the Wookies would not be easily convinced. After months of negotiations droid leader General Grievous who had been growing inpatient over Gunray’s lack of progress had to Step in and order Gunray to deploy the droid armies to help persuade the Wookies to there decision. The Wookies did not take this invasion lightly and prepared for war.
After the debacle on Kashyyyk, Gunray decideds to return to home to Cato Neimoidia, the richest of the Neimodian purse worlds, to plunder what wealth he can, while being pursued by several of his old aquntences Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi. Gunray eventually escapes, but his victory is shortlived when he realizes he has forgotten his prized Mechno Chair, which he uses to communicate with Darth Sidious and General Grievous. Grievous is furious when he discovers Gunray's mistakes, and barges into Gunray's quarters. Even his old friend Rune Haako quickly abandons the Viceroy, and Grievous picks up Gunray by the throat and says he will be punished. However, Gunray remains unpunished, as Darth Sidious would allow no harm to come to him, where he is later sent to the planet Utapau with the other Separatist leaders. Gunray finds himself at odds with the droid army leader General Grievous. In the final months on the Clone Wars, Gunray dares to question Grievous' leadership, but his concerns fall on deaf ears. However both Dooku and Grievous are eventually killed, leaving the Confederacy seemingly leaderless. Sidious contacts Gunray and the other Separatist leaders in their new hidden base on Mustafar and orders them to await Sidious' new apprentice, Darth Vader, who arrives under the pretense of negotiating for peace. Gunray welcomes Vader, only to realize that the young Sith Lord is in fact Anakin Skywalker, and has come to tie up Sidious' loose ends by killing them all. Gunray is left to watch his fellow council members slaughtered one by one, including his comrade Haako. Gunray attempted to reason with Vader, saying "The war is over! Lord Sidious promised us peace! We only want—", Lord Vaders response was sadistic and very cold "The transmission was garbled. He promised to leave you in pieces." as he slashed through Gunray's torso. He had saved Gunray for last Gunray, for he had disliked him more than the others for his desire to kill Padmé.

"I am disinclined to acquiesce to your request."

"But why is the rum gone?!"

Last edited by Commander Cody on Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Matthias777
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you like, I can go over the texts you put up and fix the really mundane stuff like spelling errors and such.
Commander Cody
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be nice, the mundane stuff is what gets me everytime. Thanks for your interest.

Cody

Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that's pretty good, Cody. And your revisions will be most welcome, Matthias! I can see a few things that could be improved/corrected in the text already, gramatically speaking.

Oh, one thing, I think it would be better if, like we did with the previous book, we kept all the texts on the past tense, since they are supposed to be historical records.
Matthias777
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I'll try to keep the tense in mind when editing; thanks for the heads-up. Whenever I get done editing a passage, I'll re-post it here for everyone's perusal. I can still miss things, and someone might have an idea on how to better structure this or that sentence, etcetera. One thing that I won't be doing is keeping an eye out for "factual" inaccuracies or discrepancies, since this era really isn't my forte. So if you spot one, be sure to tell Cody or myself so we can fix it. Oh, and hats off to Cody for actually stepping up and writing this stuff in the first place! 8)
Commander Cody
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Matthias777, I appreciate that. I will have Rune Haako up today and hopefully San Hill late tonight or Wednesday.

Thanks
Cody

Commander Cody
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is Rune Haako, I am using there deaths out of the novel instead of the movie.

Thanks
Cody

Rune Haako

Rune Haako was second in command to viceroy of the Trade Federation Nute Gunray as well as advisor and legal counsel. After the Battle of Geonosis,Haako continued to follow Gunray everywhere, and was present with the viceroy on Kashyyyk and on Cato Neimoidia.In the final days of the war, Rune Haako's forgetfulness was responsible for the Republic acquiring Gunray's mechno-chair, which contained a holotranceiver that contained the communications signals and codes that was used by Darth Sidious to communicate via hologram to Viceroy Gunray. The chair also contained intelligence capable of leading the Jedi toward finding Darth Sidious. However, Haako was never truly punished for this misdeed, he was merely chastised by Gunray, as there escape was more important at the time.
After General Grievous's failed attempts to capture the Supreme Chancellor at Coruscant, the Separatists began to retreat to the Outer Rim. They were first moved to Utapau, where they were kept under the warchful eye of General Grievous. Sidious, through Grievous ordered the Separatist Council to relocate to Mustafar, where they would wait for further instructions. After Grievous’s untimely death at the hands of Obi Wan Kenobi, Sidious would contact Gunray and the Separatist one final time, assuring them that they would be taken care of by his new apprentice. When Darth Vader arrived and began his assasination of the Separatist Council, Rune Haako attempted to scurry away from Vader, finaly surrendering and saying that its not allowed for a Jedi to kill an unarmed enemy. Vader casually replies "You fought a war to destroy the Jedi, congratulations on your success" before stabbing Haako through the face.

Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice. I see some tenses that need work, but I loved the addition of Anakin's line from the novel. These little additions are a great asset to the book, since everyone KNOWS what happened in the movies, but few know these added tidbits from the novel.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 72, 73, 74  Next
Page 56 of 74

Jump to: