The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Emperor's Shadow Guard
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Emperor's Shadow Guard Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right you are, it shouldn't be easier to learn to use a Lightsaber Pike. Make it a separate skill then, just like Double-bladed Lightsaber should be.
Darth Ginzain
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like those stats. They have enough stroke to get the job done.
Revenant
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gry Sarth wrote:
Maybe we should convert that Talent as well:

Zealotry: Bound by honor and trained in the ways of the Force within a deep Darkside Nexus, the Shadow Guard are bred for only a single purpose: purge the Jedi. When combating any 'unsanctioned Force user' the Shadow Guard swells with pride in pleasing his/her dark masters, and boils into a rage if the battle begins to turn against him/her.
System: Add 1D to all combat related skills when the Shadow Guard battles any Force Sensitive opponent. If the opponent is a Jedi (Jedi to the Shadow Guard is defined as any opponent with a lightsaber), the bonus in increased to 2D.

For each stun wound the Shadow Guard suffers his damage rolls are increased by 1D (or +1 pip?).

Do not apply this bonus unless it is certain the Shadow Guard had kicked at least one puppy 24 hours prior to the battle.

Something like that?

"The boy is plain dagnasty evil!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it... Though why just limit it to puppies... why not also add in kittens and rabbits.
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems a bit broad in my opinion. I mean, everytime he faces a force user he gets a bonus, just like that?

I'd rather have a something similar to Enhance Attribute but Dark Side related and focused exclusively on attack skills.
Karae
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noooo! Not Kittens!

Yeah.. definately make it include Bunnies though... They're EVIL! They must have some reason for eating all those carrots!
TheDoctor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karae wrote:
Noooo! Not Kittens!

Yeah.. definately make it include Bunnies though... They're EVIL! They must have some reason for eating all those carrots!

Rabbits taste good too! Twisted Evil
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gry Sarth wrote:
Seems a bit broad in my opinion. I mean, everytime he faces a force user he gets a bonus, just like that?

I'd rather have a something similar to Enhance Attribute but Dark Side related and focused exclusively on attack skills.

Optionally make it here each time he takes a stun/wound he has to make a willpower check, if he succeeds his zelotry increases, and he gains the above bonus.
DarkBlade
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing to keep in mind is, the stats for them listed on the Wizards of the Coast web site are for a novice member of the Shadow Guard, who has just begun training. The stats for a fully trained member will be in the Force Unleashed sourcebook when it comes out.
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, thanks for the heads up, DarkBlade. Let's see how those stats will diferr from these ones.
DarkBlade
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knowing Wizards, they'll probably be a few levels higher...guess we'll find out when the book comes out.

When Wizards of the Coast does their previews for the Star Wars Miniatures and gives them RPG stats, they are often of lower level than they would normally be, for game balance in the Minis game, or the stats represent the character earlier in their career, such as Darth Revan, and the stats for the Force Unleashed.

Kinda iritates me, though....would've been nice to see the characters at full power....Especially Revan and the Secret Apprentice (would've made them easiser to convert) Evil or Very Mad
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:33 pm    Post subject: Threadmancy...but cant find stats.. Reply with quote

Looking for the stats for Shadow Guard, but cant find them. Looked through the conversion of Force Unleashed Campaign Guide and they werent in there for some reason..

Has they been done for D6 somewhere else..

Regarding who is higher in rank I got the following from wookiepedia (not 'canon' in itself but from canon material I assume).

Royal Guards:
"The Royal Guards in the Imperial Period were selected from only the best men in the Academy who had proven themselves worthy for the position. There were several ranks in the Royal Guard system, the top being Sovereign Protector. "

"One particular division of the guard was the Emperor's Shadow Guard. This cadre was a special operations unit. Second only to the Imperial Sovereign Protectors, this group was sent out by Palpatine for selective missions."

SP:s seems to be learnt some very basic force skills to enhance their fighting skills, but not enough to give them ambitions.

SG are meant to fight Jedi and should have higher force skills. However, I would assume they have lower combat skills overall apart from Light-pike (or whatever its called) due to them being less militaristic (from what I can gather).
Kira Firestorm
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These guys are scary. Seriously i thought Royal Gaurds were bad, then comes along these guys and im dreading one or more against my jedi.

Ive seen a Royal Gaurd slice a whole squad of characters to peices, we ran from it, but these guys are so much worse. Id hate to imagine a Soveriegn Protector in how dangerous they are.

The only thing i see wrong with all three is if these guys hunt Jedi wouldnt they be a bit more Force trained. One can stop amition with drugs, torture, brainwashing or just pure Force (especially Dark Side).
There loyalty would never be a question with there devotion.

Oh final note, my DM used one against us, last night, and have to say i was really worried, i had to pull out all stops to defeat it, and in the end i used my ship against it.
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:38 am    Post subject: Re: Threadmancy...but cant find stats.. Reply with quote

ZzaphodD wrote:
Looking for the stats for Shadow Guard, but cant find them. Looked through the conversion of Force Unleashed Campaign Guide and they werent in there for some reason..

Has they been done for D6 somewhere else..

I thought I'd converted these guys at some point, didn't I?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: