The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

WEG Book
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules -> WEG Book
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:46 am    Post subject: WEG Book Reply with quote

Hey, a player in my gaming group is looking for a WEG book, Second Edition Revised and Exapnded (Falcon on the front) and I am sure some of you guys have a good source on where she would be able to acquire one Smile

thanks in advance Smile

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got mine on ebay.

If you're talking electronic, I can hook ya up.
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, no no, she wants to buy a hard copy.

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

E-bay is good. Though I've seen a few gems on half.com, though they have some difficulties with the fact that they have another book listed under the R&E ISBN. I know where you can get a copy for $3.50, but I'll drop that into a PM so a lurker doesn't grab it from under you.
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks, hopefully its still there by the time i can get the info to my player, should be allright, she will be here in like 30 minutes Razz

Jamfke
Admiral
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noble Knight Games might have what you're looking for. They handle a lot of trade-ins and offer what they get for decent prices.

Noble Knight Games

Edit: Then again, I just checked. They've got one copy and it's currently at $65.00 US. Yikes!
cheshire

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm not too thrilled with Noble Knight. I've always done better on eBay.

Well... there was once I got a d20 Star Wars book from Noble Knight. It was listed in good condition. What I got was something that was pretty well used and the book smelled like it had been smoking three packs a day while in the mail.
krysallokard
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife got my copy as a Christmas gift on eBay, and a new, not used, copy at that. Although my brother got several of the sourcebooks (such as Shadows of the Empire and the Thrawn Trilogy) on amazon.com.
Jamfke
Admiral
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheshire wrote:
Yeah, I'm not too thrilled with Noble Knight. I've always done better on eBay.

Well... there was once I got a d20 Star Wars book from Noble Knight. It was listed in good condition. What I got was something that was pretty well used and the book smelled like it had been smoking three packs a day while in the mail.

Eeek! That would be upsetting to say the least. Did you let them know you weren't satisfied?
cheshire

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a hard time discerning whether I had too much room to complain. I mean, I got an out of print (arguably collectable book) for four dollars under the cover price. It reeked, was nicotine stained, but had no substantial damage (other than being thoroughly used). I figured that if I didn't want my money back, then I would just be griping for griping's sake.

So, in essence, I thought about complaining, but really didn't know what I would want out of the deal. So, without any end goals, I decided to keep my book, brush away the bits of ash I found now and again, and read it outdoors until the smell goes away.

Though, encouraging them to revise their definition of "good" would probably be wise.
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My question would have to be whether it was Noble Knight's definition or if it was the previous owner's. 'Course I've never visited Noble Knight Games so I don't know how things work. But then I can remember back in elementary school getting a textbook that was supposedly cosidered to be in good condition and finding where previous "owners" (hey, don't know about any of you but most elementary schools I attended, and I did attend quite a few growing up as we moved a lot, actually owned the textbooks and handed them to students each year to use for that year) had doodled in the book and erased stuff they'd written. Fair condition seemed the be a number of pages either badly written on or slightly torn. So if the worst that can be said is the book has nicotine stains and reeks of cigarettes, then maybe the definition is that as long as it's readable with no torn pages it's good to go.

Wanted Poster
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: