The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Another question about starting skills
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules -> Another question about starting skills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jhilahd
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:25 am    Post subject: Another question about starting skills Reply with quote

I know in earlier version of the game, we could use the 7D6 to add to the Force skills.

So in R&E, I can't find the reference for this so I can clarify what to add.

I remember it cost 2D for each skill, but I don't remember if it was to purchase additional dice for Control/Alter/Sense or to purchase powers under those abilities.

Well shoot, now I'm confusing myself.

Help.
Allst Beamem
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Control, sense and alter are considered stats so if your chr wanted to start with 1d in each it would come from the starting 18d, leaving 15d for other stats.

I think im right on this, at least for chr creation, if not im sure Gry or some one else will correct me Smile
PsiberDragon
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok... so... here's a quick question related both here and elsewhere.

If I put 2D in Sense and 1D in Alter... (according the the Battle Master in ToJC), do I get 3 force skills (one per D) or do I get 5 (1 for the first D in sense, then 3 more to go from 1D to 2D, plus the 1 for Alter)?
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the first issue, according to the R&E rules, you can only use Attribute Dice to raise Force Skills during character creation, not Skill Dice.

On the second issue, I'm not sure. The R&E rules don't seem to clarify this one way or another. In my personal view, if someone is sacrificing one of those valuable Attribute Dice ro raise a Force Skill to 2D, he should get an extra 3 powers.
PC-032
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

acording to Un-Revised your first Dice in a Force Skill is payed for from your Attrabute dice, and you get three Force Powers, Futher Pips (and Dice) come from your Skill Dice pool and you get one Power per Pip of Force Skill.

"Tails of the Jedi" (I beleave it is a R&E edition book) although it dosen't say how you initially buy Force Skills (it refers you to the Rule Book) dose say you spend from your Skill Dice pool to raise them once you have your first dice, but only gives you one Power per Dice on the Templates Jedi Characters recive one Free Dice in a single force skill then pay for all their Force Skills from their Attrabute Dice Pool and only recive one Force Power per Dice.

hopfully this confuses things further for you, bacause the PTB's did me when I tried to reverse engineer the templates in TotJ, after a player told me they where "Broken"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: