The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Seeking early 2000s unofficial Coruscant slicers setting
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Seeking early 2000s unofficial Coruscant slicers setting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
George
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2024 8:37 pm    Post subject: Seeking early 2000s unofficial Coruscant slicers setting Reply with quote

Hello! I'm in search of an early 2000s player-made writeup on a group of slicers operating on Coruscant during the Imperial period who called themselves either the "Praetorians" or the "Praetorian Guard."

As I remember it, the characters were clearly modeled after the 1995 movie "Hackers" and other late 90s stereotypes about hacker culture.

I think it was posted on one of the then-major unofficial Star Wars RPG websites like SWRPGNetwork, the Outer Rim Infonet Service ("TORIS"), the Star Wars Supplement Resource Center, Dark Lords of the Sith, SWRPG.net, etc.

Does anyone remember this and, better yet, does anyone have a copy of it?

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help me find it!
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2024 10:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Seeking early 2000s unofficial Coruscant slicers setting Reply with quote

George wrote:
Hello! I'm in search of an early 2000s player-made writeup on a group of slicers operating on Coruscant during the Imperial period who called themselves either the "Praetorians" or the "Praetorian Guard."

As I remember it, the characters were clearly modeled after the 1995 movie "Hackers" and other late 90s stereotypes about hacker culture.

I think it was posted on one of the then-major unofficial Star Wars RPG websites like SWRPGNetwork, the Outer Rim Infonet Service ("TORIS"), the Star Wars Supplement Resource Center, Dark Lords of the Sith, SWRPG.net, etc.

Does anyone remember this and, better yet, does anyone have a copy of it?

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help me find it!

Welcome to the Pit!

I don't know if it is in here, but you may want to look:

AOL Mailing List+ ARCHIVE (zipped, chaotic collection of old fan web files from late 90s and early 00s)
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
George
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2024 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For anyone else who might be interested in this topic, Mike Kelley created this concept in 1998, and I (finally!) found it thanks to the Internet Archive:

https://web.archive.org/web/20020818043710/http://www.starwars-rpg.net/swsrc/rgallery/dakkenby.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: