The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Donning/doffing armor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> Donning/doffing armor
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:33 am    Post subject: Donning/doffing armor Reply with quote

Based on the last page of this thread i was wondering what sort of times you all use for donning (Putting on) and Doffing (taking off) armor?

Could someone put on a combat jumpsuit in one round?? A suit of power armor?? IS it more like a minute??
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking decide how easy the armor should be to take on or off, equivalent to the basic difficulty levels, with associated Time-To-Use so that difficulty ramps up the faster you try to put it on.

Putting on an armored vest = Easy (2 rounds), Moderate (1 round).

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Mojomoe
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say that's fair - 1 round per piece for anything that straps on, buckles, fastens, or is a multi-part action (like slipping on a full-length flight suit). Increase DEX difficulty if they try to do it faster. Things like putting on a helmet or tossing on a snap-on shield are simply MAP actions.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crmcneill wrote:
I'm thinking decide how easy the armor should be to take on or off, equivalent to the basic difficulty levels, with associated Time-To-Use so that difficulty ramps up the faster you try to put it on.

Putting on an armored vest = Easy (2 rounds), Moderate (1 round).

But would it be a base Dex or Tech roll, or an actual skill roll (such as say Armor repair that someone was mentioning in that other thread)?

If its just a base Attribute roll, does it kick in for MAPS (ie i am being shot at, so i dodge once, and run once to cover, while trying to strap on my blast vest, is that 3 or 2 actions??_
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
But would it be a base Dex or Tech roll, or an actual skill roll (such as say Armor repair that someone was mentioning in that other thread)?

Dexterity. Armor Repair is about diagnosing damage to armor and returning it to working condition. You don't need that to unlatch a breastplate.

Quote:
If its just a base Attribute roll, does it kick in for MAPS (ie i am being shot at, so i dodge once, and run once to cover, while trying to strap on my blast vest, is that 3 or 2 actions??_

Yes; a standard action with MAPs applied normally.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: