The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Adding weapons to walkers/speeders?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Adding weapons to walkers/speeders?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:09 pm    Post subject: Adding weapons to walkers/speeders? Reply with quote

In the various books we see costs and difficulties for adding weapons to starships (and even cap ships).. But what of doing the same for walkers/speeders? like say my character has a MVD-1 Aeroflitter airspeeder and i wanted to add a paired laser cannon to it (effectively making it a combat airspeeder), or i had one of those personal walkers from Galadiniums i wanted to add a missile launcher too..

what would the cost/difficulty be??
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would suggest starting with the stats listed in Tramp Freighters and just adjusting for scale.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So base the cost in Tramp as that for a SF scale, then take it down by 2/3rds for speeder and 1/3rd for walker?
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
So base the cost in Tramp as that for a SF scale, then take it down by 2/3rds for speeder and 1/3rd for walker?

Or keep the cost the same but shift the damage up 2D or 4D depending on the vehicle scale. Personally, I've always thought WEG got the fire control dice values on that chart inverted...

But for instance, a light blaster cannon from Tramp Freighters only weighs 1 mt, for 1D damage. But mounting it on a Speeder-Scale vehicle and shifting the weapon to Speeder Scale bumps the damage to 5D.

CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In fact, if you're interested, I'm going to be reworking the weapon systems on the vehicles from the core sourcebook. Because of my scale system putting starfighters between walkers and speeders, a lot of the weapons end up being overlapped, and vehicle mounted weapons end up on par with what we see mounted on starships. For example, with Walker being +2D above Starfighter in my version, the twin Heavy Laser Cannon on an AT-AT end up being individually equal to the Heavy Laser Cannon on a B-Wing.

Basically, what I'm looking at is making Blaster Cannon the next step up from the Heavy Repeating Blaster; basically the SWU equivalent of 20, 25 and 30mm cannon. Laser Cannon would be the next step up: effectively the equivalent of WWII-era tank cannon (some of which were actually mounted on tank-killer aircraft during the war).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: