The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Rey's Speeder
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Rey's Speeder Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:51 pm    Post subject: Rey's Speeder Reply with quote

Quote:

Rey's Speeder
Craft: Custom made speeder
Type: repuslor vehicle
Era: Force Awakens (~34 ABY)
Affiliation: Rey
Source: Star Wars Episode VII, Star Wars Episode VII Visual Dictionary, Star Wars Episode VII Incredible Cross-Sections, stats by +Oliver Queen
Scale: Speeder
Length: 3.73 meters
Skill: Repuslorlift operations
Crew: 1
Passengers: None
Cargo Capacity: 50 kilograms
Cover: 1/4
Altitude Range: Ground - up to 50 meters
Cost: Not available for sale
Maneuverability: 2D
Move: 210; 600 kph
Body Strength: 2D

Capsule: Rey's pride and joy is her custom speder, an ungainly but powerful vehicle created using parts unearthers in the junkpiles of Niima Outpost, reclaimed from the Starship Graveyard, or acquired from Teedo traders. Armed with welding torchers, hydrospanners, and bonding tape, Rey built a vehicle combining aspects of a speeder and a swoop, making use of sophisticated military hardware and civilian machinery. Rey's speeder is fast and can carry heavy loads, making it ideal for scavenging trips. The top-heavy craft would be difficult for any other pilot to control, but Rey's skills as a pilot match her genius as a mechanic.

At the heard of Rey's speeder are powerful twin turboject engines reclaimed from a wrecked cargo-hauler. Rey mounted them in a stacked configuration instead of side by side, and bolted them to powered amplifier intakes from an Imperial gunship. She then customized them with racing-swoop afterburners, a modified combustion chamber, and an array of repulsorlifts taken from crashed X-wing starfighters.

Light-fingered scavengers are a fact of life on Jakku, and Rey knows that without her speeder she's be even more trapped than she already is, unable to travel between the Starship Graveyard, her makeshift homestead, and Niima Outpost. Her speeder won't power up without a fingerprint scan, and she can electrify the cahssis to give a powerful jolt to anyone who touches it while she' away.

Rey's speeder is ridiculously overpowered when lightly loaded. The oversized engines give it remarkable acceleration, while the repulsorlift array lets it attain a flight ceiling akin to that of an airspeeder. When away from prying eyes, Rey lets her craft take flight, performing barrel rolls and other maneuvers that push both her speeder and her piloting skills to the limit.

Update: Sat-Dec-26

http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter

Last edited by shootingwomprats on Sat Dec 26, 2015 5:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Naaman
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work on all tuese. On quibble with this one: 600 kph? For an open air vehicle, that seems absurd. Not sure the pilot could hold on eith all that wind... 375 mph... is kinda fast.

That thing honestly looks like it would top out at around 35 mph.... Very Happy
Bobmalooga
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that Don is working from the Visual dictionary thing for Episode 7, that might have actually come from the book...
Mojomoe
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are all great! Keep em coming!

Am I correct in assuming there will be an eventual Episode VII Galaxy guide?
If my math is correct that would be Galaxy Guide 17? (13: Clones, 14: Dark Side, 15: Sith, 16: Old Republic, 17: TFA)
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mojomoe wrote:
These are all great! Keep em coming!

Am I correct in assuming there will be an eventual Episode VII Galaxy guide?
If my math is correct that would be Galaxy Guide 17? (13: Clones, 14: Dark Side, 15: Sith, 16: Old Republic, 17: TFA)

That would be nice. Then again, something else might turn up. We have possibilities - like the Legacy of the Force/Fate of the Jedi series, either separately or together, a Legends Galaxy Guide dealing with the novels and comics that didn't get into WEG or WOTC sourcebooks like Crimson Empire, The New Rebellion, Jedi Academy: Leviathan, and what I call the Callista trilogy - Children of the Jedi, Darksaber, and Planet of Twilight.
Mojomoe
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seem to remember that we had had discussions about reworking the Galaxy Guide numbering system to fit Phantom Menace in there.

Something like GG13: TPM, 14: Dark Side, 15: AOTC, 16: TOR, 17: ROTS, 18: ??, 19: TFA.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mojomoe wrote:
Something like GG13: TPM, 14: Dark Side, 15: AOTC, 16: TOR, 17: ROTS, 18: ??, 19: TFA.

Yes, that's it. Of course I understand the excitement and inspiration from seeing a new movie, but we still have to finish 13 (TPM) and 17 (RotS) too. We're so far behind!

Forceally wrote:
We have possibilities - like the Legacy of the Force/Fate of the Jedi series, either separately or together, a Legends Galaxy Guide dealing with the novels and comics that didn't get into WEG or WOTC sourcebooks like Crimson Empire, The New Rebellion, Jedi Academy: Leviathan, and what I call the Callista trilogy - Children of the Jedi, Darksaber, and Planet of Twilight.

That stuff could be GG 18.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage

Last edited by Whill on Fri Dec 25, 2015 4:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:

Forceally wrote:
We have possibilities - like the Legacy of the Force/Fate of the Jedi series, either separately or together, a Legends Galaxy Guide dealing with the novels and comics that didn't get into WEG or WOTC sourcebooks like Crimson Empire, The New Rebellion, Jedi Academy: Leviathan, and what I call the Callista trilogy - Children of the Jedi, Darksaber, and Planet of Twilight.

That stuff could be GG 18.

IMO the whole children/darksaber/planet of twilight was more dalla heavy than callista.
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naaman wrote:
Nice work on all tuese. On quibble with this one: 600 kph? For an open air vehicle, that seems absurd. Not sure the pilot could hold on eith all that wind... 375 mph... is kinda fast.

That thing honestly looks like it would top out at around 35 mph.... Very Happy

The Visual Dictionary lists the vehicle as a custom built vehicle that is both landspeeder and swoop/airspeeder. It also lists it as crazy fast. As for her being able to stay mounted, there is some sort of tractor emitter thingy that keeps her in her seat.
http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Naaman
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that settles that! I'm satisfied!

With regard to the Galaxy Guides, who has taken the lead on these (TPM and RotS in particular)?

Now that school is done, I should have some time to contribute.

The areas in which I feel comfortable contributing are artwork (characters mainly... I'm not very good at equipment/diagram type drawings) and stats. But what is actually needed?
Mojomoe
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've currently got it slated to finish both of these, along with re-releasing AOTC with the correct numbering.

And yes, I know people are still waiting for the final TOR GG Smile. Don't worry, it's coming, along with another cool surprise nobody is expecting.

The ROTS guide needs the most work, but it's mainly editing and layout.

TPM needs a lot of stat rework, mostly because many of the fan stats have been re-written from scratch since then and are no longer in keeping with much of the established source material.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
Mojomoe wrote:
I seem to remember that we had had discussions about reworking the Galaxy Guide numbering system to fit Phantom Menace in there.

Yes, that's it.
Mojomoe wrote:
I've currently got it slated to finish both of these, along with re-releasing AOTC with the correct numbering.

And yes, I know people are still waiting for the final TOR GG Smile. Don't worry, it's coming, along with another cool surprise nobody is expecting.

TPM needs a lot of stat rework, mostly because many of the fan stats have been re-written from scratch since then and are no longer in keeping with much of the established source material.

Thanks Mojo. But there is no need to renumber anything. The bolded ones above in this post are the ones that have been released so far. 13 will be TMP, and 17 will be RotS. 15 is already AotC and and can stay 15.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Naaman
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mojomoe wrote:

Okay. So if I want to write up stats. For TPM, what do I do? Send em to you or...?
Mojomoe
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill: total brain fart. Yes, you are correct!

Naaman: please do! There are many stats already done and many that need reworking; if you want to help out ping me and we'll get moving!
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the ROTS should be the focus of the next Galaxy Guide. Granted there's a thread in the forums dealing with it, and in that thread a lot of the characters' stats have been presented. However, because the powers that be decided to make all the novels and comics focusing on the Clone Wars null and void in light of the 2008 Clone Wars movie, I think more than half of them need to be reworked to account for the Clone Wars TV series. The only stats that are completely safe are for the characters that made their debut in ROTS, and most of them are politicians.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: