The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

dark side power: possession
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> dark side power: possession Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Savar
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:37 pm    Post subject: dark side power: possession Reply with quote

Using the power puts the users body in a hibernation trance.

the user inhabits the body of the target.

One of the prerequisites would be transfer life.

the power would be maintained. Every so often the target would get a new resistance roll to boot the user out.

And ideas?
Tol-Yun
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Modify by proximity and relation to the target.

Earn a darkside point immediately and another for every evil action commited in control of the target's body.

Maybe even up the difficulty when the target body moves out of "range" until the roll cannot beat the DN any longer. Same for certain periods of time.

Alternatively the target not only gets a willpower/sense roll, but gets an additional +10 to the roll after a certain period of time.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at transfer life itself, since it CAN be used to take a living and unwilling host over, what is the purpose of possession?
Savar
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
Looking at transfer life itself, since it CAN be used to take a living and unwilling host over, what is the purpose of possession?

It's not permit.

It allows the target to continue resisting, but it also allows the user the escape easily. Quit the power and go back to your body.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SO what would the point of this be then?
Savar
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Transfer life, destroys the old body, and is permanent.
It also is vary hard to do.

The point of this power is doesn't destroy the old body. It is easier to use, and periodically the target can have a roll to kick the user out.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the rolls would make possessing someone easier than transfering your life force into them whole hock. Interesting.

Give me a day or so to try and whip something up.
Tol-Yun
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this a private conversation? If so, I'm sorry for interrupting. I had just thought to add something to the theme with my first post.

Sorry again, if this sounds a bit rude, but it is somewhat annoying to be totally ignored especially when you try to contribute something.
Savar
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sorry. I had seen your reply was thought out and useful i was going to, try to make a more rules based reply but the other part of the conversation and other parts of life had distracted me Smile
cynanbloodbane
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tol-Yun wrote:
Is this a private conversation? If so, I'm sorry for interrupting. I had just thought to add something to the theme with my first post.

Sorry again, if this sounds a bit rude, but it is somewhat annoying to be totally ignored especially when you try to contribute something.

Please don't feel like you are being ignored. Honestly, some of the best posts cant be replied to in a manner some would like until we get to our books... at which point we have forgotten we intended to reply to that topic and "squirrel" off onto new lines of thinking. Don't ever be afraid to bump your own post if you think it may have been missed.
cynanbloodbane
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tol-Yun wrote:
Modify by proximity and relation to the target.

Earn a darkside point immediately and another for every evil action commited in control of the target's body.

Maybe even up the difficulty when the target body moves out of "range" until the roll cannot beat the DN any longer. Same for certain periods of time.

Alternatively the target not only gets a willpower/sense roll, but gets an additional +10 to the roll after a certain period of time.

I would go a little further, and say, Any action that would result in a dark side point allows the possessed character a roll to break free. possibly causing a MAP as the same body is now performing multiple actions.

Last edited by cynanbloodbane on Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tol-Yun
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Savar wrote:
I am sorry. I had seen your reply was thought out and useful i was going to, try to make a more rules based reply but the other part of the conversation and other parts of life had distracted me Smile

Real life always comes first. I was probably overreacting. Ok then, back to topic! Wink

What approach ruleswise did you have in mind?
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK here is the first run.

Possession
NOTE this is a dark side power. This is a control-sense-alter power.
Control roll Very difficult (20) modified by Relationship. Add Perception (or willpower) roll if target is unwilling
Sense roll Very difficult (20) modified by proximity. Add Perception (or willpower) roll if target is unwilling.
Alter roll Very difficult (20) modified by proximity. Add Perception (or willpower or alter) roll if target is unwilling.

Required powers: Absorb/Dissipate energy, control pain, emptiness, hibernation trance, reduce injury, remain conscious, resist stun, life detection, life sense, magnify senses, receptive telepathy, sense Force, telekinesis, farseeing, projective telepathy, receptive telepathy, control another’s pain, feed on dark side, inflict pain, return another to consciousness, dim another's senses, transfer Force, affect mind.

Warning: Any Jedi using this power receives one Dark Side Point. If attempting to possess an unwilling host, the Jedi receives two Dark Side Points.

Unlike the Transfer Life force power used by Palpaltine to inhabit clones, this power is a temporary subjugation of a living person's will by the force users. It is far worse than Controlling their mind, in that it pushes their 'soul' into a dormant state allowing the Jedi (Sith) to take over the body as if it was their own.
Once inhabited, the Jedi (Sith) can do any action as if the 'controlled' body was his own, even using the owning body's physical stats over his own (Dex/Per and Str), while his own mental (Know, Tech and Mech) stats are used.
If any act is undertaken that can potentially result in the controlled body receiving a dark side point, the subjugated owner can make an instant willpower roll off against the willpower (Or control) skill of the Jedi (Sith) who is in his body. Successfully making this roll, forces the inhabiting spirit out, and stuns the person for 1 round.
At any time the target body receives a wound (or greater), they also get a willpower roll off to break free and expel the controlling influence.
Regardless, of those other 2 situations, a willpower dice off for potential expulsion is made at a time frame of 1 hour PER full D of the controlling influences Alter skill, and every hour there after till the controller is either Expelled or they drop the power.

While inhabiting the body of another the Jedi (Sith)'s own body is in a state of unconsciousness. And as such is very vulnerable to being killed.

Note: If the controlling influence is still inhabiting the body when a kill result happens, an immediate Strength roll *using his own body's value). The damage he has to resist was the initial roll - 16.[/b]
cynanbloodbane
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can the possessor use additional force powers while in the host, even if the host is not force sensitive?

Would a force sensitive host receive any improved chance of learning any force powers used while possessed?

Could two characters with this power switch bodies?
Savar
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh

Last edited by Savar on Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: