The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

So I am looking for decent background characters to use...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters -> So I am looking for decent background characters to use...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bobmalooga
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:04 am    Post subject: So I am looking for decent background characters to use... Reply with quote

After about 6 months of muddling around and wandering to and fro I have finally gotten the point across to my players that they should look into this Rebellion thing...So through a bit of trickery and a decently put together plan they have managed to lay their hands on a small capital ship and want to be pirateers for the Rebellion...So I am filling in the background crew for this group with various characters from the comics and some characters from the role playing game (Like Jaxxon, Amaiza and Jimm the Starkiller kid as well as Platt O'Keefe and Blaine Hansom...)

I need 14 more to complete my list (They need a crew of 50 and I have 36 names...), stats aren't really necessary although helpful...I am even using Kea Moll and the crew of the Sand Sloth as characters, so the more obscure the better...

Heck, I'll accept PCs or favored npcs if people would like to share...
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's cool that you're trying to flush out the crew with non-nameless faces. So, if you're not too worried about stats, you just need what? Name, Race, Physical Description, Personality, and a bit of history?
Bobmalooga
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, they were able to get a hold of some z-95s and are trying to get more equipment from the Rebellion, but are known to be flighty hotheads so the Rebellion is taking more of a wait and see...but distantly supportive attitude.

I have all the pilots and the flight commander as well as a couple of retired military types...but I just need to fill in a few names...
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the first old PC of mine that comes to mind is a Hapan Exile who simply went by "Red." I had a full name picked out for him, but he picked up the nickname in his youth because of his Red hair. Though his hair is grey now. If you like, I can try to dig out his character sheet and give you his proper name, but he usually doesn't give it to people.

Red was made with a slightly modified weary ship's tech template. He wore a sort of snooper goggles to help him deal with his inability to see well in dim lighting. He was an older guy, well into his 60's who's physical description was just set as "Played by Sean Connery." He was bound to the ship, and so as captains changed, he remained. He also ran a side business, in which he sold moonshine that he distilled in the ship's engine room by running a still through the engines.

He was fiercely devoted to the defense of his friends, but he tended to view captains of the ship with a certain amount of distance, mostly because they tended to be replaced with some degree of regularity. He covered his affection for people close to him with a slightly prickly demeanor, he tended to grumble a lot about people not helping him to take care of the ship. It was also joked about on several occasions that he might be the father of many children throughout the galaxy because of his wild, womanizing years in his 20s and 30s.

In combat, he was fair with a blaster, but his real specialty was his Hapan Martial arts.
Bobmalooga
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red,

No need to give me any more than that...I love it!
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a boatload of characters, but my RPG stuff hasn't been unpacked yet since we moved. However, you should be able to find a treasure trove of NPCs here:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3tO4WffOVuTQUNnNjFZaTVuT0E&usp=sharing&tid=0B3tO4WffOVuTQ3JOY2lNaFdGbk0

These were done mostly by Don and Daniel from SWR.
Zarn
Force Spirit

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got mine here, though it's been more than a decade since I last modified that. I also tend to think I've cleaned up my prose a bit since then.
Mojomoe
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just in case you need 'em, here's my list of Rebels from my campaign:

Darv Reemo
Chagraa (Wookiee)
Pret Fhen
Bren Wraith
Corin Wraith
Wenn Bistillon
Cwit Drifter
Dûn Nightwalk
Tono Feiting
Kor Cygnus
Wex Deco (Sullustan)
Kieran Vex
Bit Jorik
Obrim Tona
Wuck Vel
Lem Tox
Pirrin Dune
Tarric Voranus
Tiggins
Kannik
Dennkins
Sievers

It's funny, that's the named rebels from over 18 years of campaigning, and I can still remember each one we lost and where they died...

ETA the last four from our Saturday game
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karden Blaine (Male/Human)
-Played by a young Dennis Haysbert.
Maclyrine Morgryn (Male/Epicanthix) Communications Officer
-Tanned-white skin, brown hair, brown eyes, Mac’s hair is almost shoulder length with several strips of brown leather, green, and black beads “braided” into his hair. He has smooth skin with a clean shaven face, and has a slender athletic build.
V'on Hunter (Male/Nyrianaan)
Jan Reed (Female/Human) Medic
Naz’syra Adama (Female/Mirialan) Technician/Engineer

These are members of my New Republic SpecForce team that is teamed up with my wife's Jedi character on her current assignment. I picked the ones that had actual names and not just nicknames without a standard name.
TheDoctor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a few character concepts I've liked (differing from many common and over-used archetypes)

Rugo Vett
Male Rodian, Thief/Gambler - Not the fighting type and thus a disgrace to the family. Roams the starways looking for easy marks and adventure.

Vald Caretti
Male Human, Computer Tech/Engineer - Also not a fighter, but a wizard with computers, droids and technology. He's a fugitive having been set up by his former boss to hack into sensitive material.

Arty Moss
Female Human, Bounty Hunter - Strongly values law and order. Between that and romantic notions from holovids, took up the profession of being a "freelance law enforcer". Pursued Vald Caretti and captured him. But realizing that he was set up and would be executed, decided to partner with him instead. Based on that and other incidents, completely disenfranchised with the New Order.

Kane Takka
Male Duro, Pacifist Jedi - Was a conscientious objector of the Clone Wars and left known space for 20 years. During his self imposed exile, he honed his non-combative Force powers. Dismayed at the rise of the Empire and the violence of the Civil War, he travels the Galaxy hoping to spread his message of peace. He refuses to carry any weapons, not even a lightsaber. In combat, he uses different Force powers to either disarm or incapacitate attackers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: