The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Droid Personality Matrices: Creating From Scratch
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters -> Droid Personality Matrices: Creating From Scratch
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Merrick
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:31 am    Post subject: Droid Personality Matrices: Creating From Scratch Reply with quote

I have a droid engineering character who upgraded many of the technical/knowledge skills of a Roche J9 Worker Drone. Because of its simple personality matrix I tend to GM him as only marginally helpful as far as offering information or advice.

So after suggesting a personality upgrade, he is going to attempt to create a complex one from scratch. Skill roll aside, what general personality traits should I ask him to define when creating the personality?

Example: Inquisitiveness, warmth etc...

-General Veers
griff
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the Pit. I would suggest at some kind of stereotype or quirk. Lucas thought of 3PO as a used car salesmen before Anthony Daniels played the part, and R2 is a bit of a foul mouthed jerk.
Merrick
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

griff wrote:
Welcome to the Pit. I would suggest at some kind of stereotype or quirk. Lucas thought of 3PO as a used car salesmen before Anthony Daniels played the part, and R2 is a bit of a foul mouthed jerk.

Interesting, I didn't know that.

Keeping it simple is probably a good idea. Maybe just a one or two sentence description would be best, or a real world example of what he wants him to be like...

-General Veers
Zarn
Force Spirit

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, Verpine tend to be slightly off-putting and odd, something that I think should translate to their products. Perhaps the droid has a tendency to suggest courses of action that place little value on its own continued existence, as long as 'the hive' progresses. It might either refer to itself as the communal or royal "we", or perhaps as "this drone" (never using its individual designation).

Last edited by Zarn on Mon May 13, 2019 1:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
Merrick
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Also, Verpine tend to be slightly off-putting and odd, something that I think should translate to their products. Perhaps the droid has a tendency to suggest courses of action that place little value on its own continued existence, as long as 'the hive' progresses. It might either refer to itself as the communal or royal "we", or perhaps as "this drone" (never using its individual designation).

I like that idea. I also recall reading somewhere the J9 series was not designed for the worker drone roll and are resentful of the job roll delegated to them. That would help explain a superiority complex.

-General Veers
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are some great ideas, Zarn. I especially like the inferiority complex one! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: