The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Jedi Force Power Cards
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Jedi Force Power Cards Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dph
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:09 pm    Post subject: Jedi Force Power Cards Reply with quote

Hi folks

Has anyone come across any Jedi Force power 'cards'.

Thanks!
Black 5
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you talking about custom made ones? (I like the idea)
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, they have them for the Saga Edition Force powers, though I don't know of anyone having made them for D6. They wouldn't be hard to make, though, especially given that we have the PDFs for all the Force powers. All one would have to do is make an Avery form in Word, then cut and paste the power data. Then buy Avery cards with a matching number, print it up, and there you go.

I used to do this sort of thing all the time for my job when we were using an older version of Word. I'm not sure how to do it in Word 2007, though I'm sure you could find instructions online.

If I had the time, I'd do it myself, since it's mostly a cut and paste job. Alas, I'm occupied with other projects at the moment. (Mostly real-life no-fun projects.)
hazardchris
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When we migrated back from Saga to D6 for my game, I was dealing with a group of three Jedi Master PC's. So, in order to cut back on the book flipping and PDF searching, I made each character a little reference packet. With the aid of the Force Powers PDF, I made up a "Combat Force Powers" document that had the rules for all of their specifically combat-related force powers listed.

I think I saw a set of blank cards somewhere, but you'd still have to fill in each one yourself. If I run across them again, I'll be sure to share.

I sometimes make pictures. [REQUESTS CLOSED]
cheshire

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But man, being able to put this into a PDF would be awesome. My vision is to have the text on one side of the card, and then a nice large label on the flip side with perhaps a watermark image of someone using the power (if the image is available from somewhere in the EU or otherwise). Man oh man, I wish I had the time to do this.
jmanski

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That does sound cool
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like the Complete X spells deck of cards they made for ADND 2nd edition... I could see this being done BY those playing jedi for ease of reference, as well as to keep tally on wht they have/use.
Take some of those "Mana gems" and put them on a card that is flipped up to signify what power(s) they have active.
HACCP
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'll give it a shot. About six cards per sheet should be nice I reckon.
Fallon Kell
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There might have been a few from the Introductory Sdventure package...

Complete Starship Construction System
Crimson_red
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple years ago I started making some D6 force power cards... from the looks of it I only made it to the control and alter powers... which sourcebook(s) I used I can't remember. There appears to be roughly 43 powers in this file.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/45211664/ForcePowers1.pdf

The card template was from someone else (Grandpa or Erlanter), for use with D&D4E, modified for my own use. Here is my working file and Grandpa's original tutorial, incase someone wishes to try editing or finishing:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/45211664/Power%20Cards%20-%20ForcePowers.pptx
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/45211664/Power%20Cards%20-%20Grandpa%20-%20Tutorial.ppt

These working files are power point files, the force power file a .pptx

EDIT: These cards were intended for 2R&E (is that the correct notation?). I know I used the Tales of the Jedi Companion (pages 41-56). I think I stripped out examples to save space. Lol, after seeing some of HACCP's other work, maybe I should have kept these to myself.

Note: Some powers required two cards... perhaps more, but I'm sure I tried to prevent that. For single card powers I never bothered creating a backing.
Fallon Kell
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crimson_red wrote:
These cards were intended for 2R&E (is that the correct notation?)

So long as we know what you're talking about, I don't think there is such a thing as incorrect notation around here. Most of us seem towrite 1E, 2E, 2R&E, so you're right on track.

Complete Starship Construction System
cheshire

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, less than a month in the forums and you're already turning out finished products of useful tools. Better watch out or you might get a reputation. Smile
Crimson_red
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well hardly finished, a WIP really. I believe it was a between semesters project and I dropped it well short of finishing...

I'll see if I can take it back up again, but I can't make any guarantees, hence why I included my working file, in case someone else wants to run with it.

It should have a good chunk of basic powers though, so it should suffice for early games.

I have been able to conclude I was working from the Tales of the Jedi Companion (only making it as far as page 56), and I may have checked with the 2R&E to see to any changes to powers in both sources. I did edit power descriptions to fit in the smaller space and removed examples to make the descriptions as succinct as possible; these cards are for in game reference, not definitive sources.

Though incomplete, if these cards are a help to anyone I'll be pleased. Smile
cheshire

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, there are a few changes between the R&E and the TOTJC. There are also some rules that are self-contradictory in some of the powers that are repeated in the later text. I spent a good deal of time typing up all of the force powers myself, so I know how that goes. If you'd like, I can see if I still have that word document. They were all made into a really nice looking PDF that is stored somewhere around here.
Anubisck
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does any one still have a copy of these cards
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: