The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Main IC Thread - Act I - Rumors in the Distance
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Clone Wars: A New Threat - Wisconsin Wookie -> Main IC Thread - Act I - Rumors in the Distance Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 45, 46, 47  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matthias777
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Kage hadn't been paying such close attention, he might not have noticed that the ship was moving; Bri'tan could have an incredibly gentle hand on the yoke when he wanted to. Whenever Bri'tan let's the ship surge forward with his more familiar "heavy" throttle hand, Kage beeps excitedly and spins once in a zero-turn radius circle. He didn't know what, yet, but they were headed somewhere interesting for a change, he was sure of that.
southpaw
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lurk looked down from the upper gunbay, tween his legs at the Clone Trooper who'd interrupted his train of thought. He leaned forward a little, rolling the stub of the deathstick in his craw, studying the Clone. He'd not worked close with Vatboys since the Tarberus job,and what a mess that was. They were always messy jobs - just like Zolan.

Still it wasn't like this Clone was personally responsible for what went down, and if he was manning the lower gun bay they'd have to work together. Best to pretend to be friendly at least.

"S'alight," Lurk replied to his inquiry. "Didn't miss much."

He leaned to one side, rummaged through his sling bag that he always kept with him. His orgnaic hand found the cool glass of the bottle inside and pulled it out. Ah! There was the stiff drink he need. He took a swig of the whiskey - left over from that run in at the Hutt's Hide on Coruscant - then proffered it to the Clone.

"You know how to use that cannon? Don't want no rookie lettin' me down when the pudu's going sideways." He leaned back in his seat as the Nerf glided forward, watching the Kaminoan city diminish then vanish beneath the clouds.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tapping in the commands to bring up the data on his computer, Daryn smiles behind his vocalizer mask. "I may not speak astromech, but I know an electronic raspberry when I hear one. I assure you, I have no intention of messing with anything on board without the captain's permission. I simply thought he might appreciate an extra experienced hand helping out on board, not to mention the possibility of increased capabilities for the ship."

He looks through the data to find the coordinates for the jump. As soon as he locates them, he will pass them on to Kage to calculate the jump. After that, he looks at Bri'tan expectantly. "So, Captain, what station would you like me to fill?"

While waiting for an answer, Daryn pulls out several blank datacards and makes copies of all the data, including the coordinates, in case their relevance was picked up on by one of the team.

In preparation for an assignment other than on the bridge, Daryn connects his headset comlink to his bracer computer. He opens a window and sets up a small virtual switchboard console so he can toggle between communicating outside the ship and using the intercom. Nodding in satisfaction, he hands one of the datacards to Kage and places another on the control console for Bri'tan.
Flyboy2002
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"We usually have the starship gunnery clones take care of this but I will give it a shot. If I can shoot a running target in a forest at 500m I can probably hit a destroyer with this contraption," he says confidently to Lurk while looking all around to try to figure out how to even turn the darn thing on. Shadow takes a swig from the bottle and passes it back to Lurk, shaking his head trying to get over the taste of burning, and coughing just a little, "I see you brought the good stuff along." He smiles and get back to work.
southpaw
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"If you think this's good," said Lurk between swigs, "then you need to get out more."

Lurk watched as the Clone fumbled with the targeting computer. He really was a rookie, for all his bravado.

"So what do I call you, vattie? Got a name?"
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bri'tan grunts his thanks as Daryn sets the datachip on the console. Pocketing the chip, he allows Kage to upload the data to the ships nav-computer.

Glancing back at Daryn, "Expecting trouble? Kage has the flight path and damage control." His eyes dart around the cockpit for a moment before he continutes, "If you need something to do, you can keep an eye on the sensors or comm."

Turning his attention to Kage, "How long is the jump?"
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daryn shrugs at Bri'tan. "Nothing in particular," he says, "but we are chasing after a task force that has suddenly disappeared for no known reason. It stands to reason there is going to be some trouble." He taps his headset comlink. "This is just to make me more versatile. I can be down in the engine room, or in a gun turret and still communicate without having to traipse all the way back up here." He shrugs again. "Along with combat arts, my talents lie along technical lines...especially slicing. I am really good with computers, which is why I offered to help you make things more efficient. Even the various systems on board have computer programming to make them work. I might not know all the functions of a system, but getting a look at the coding will not only give me some idea, but allow me to make changes to it. That kind of thing can come in real handy when you're trying to keep an enemy garrison from calling for backup from the orbital platform overhead..."
dadofett
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nihl arrives in the cockpit as Daryn and Bri'tan banter. He stands in the door waiting for the two to work out their "niceties".

As Nihl listens, he realizes that when Daryn says "captain" he is referring to the Bith...

Nihl ponders if this Jedi really is greener than he thought...or if he is going out of his way to get under Nihl's skin. He can't decide which.

Nihl says nothing and waits for Daryn to pick a station, so he can take the other.
Flyboy2002
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I was being sarcastic about the drink, but I do appreciate it. Don't always get to have a drink around here," as he leans back in the chair and looks up at Lurk. "I go by Shadow, how about yourself?" a little stunned by the slur about his upbringing, but not showing it. Shadow takes a closer look at Lurks clothing, mechanical appendages, and weaponry trying to figure out exactly what he does and his purpose in the group without having to be rude and ask. He finally finds the right switches and is happy to see the panel light up.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catching Nihl out of the corner of his eye, Daryn pulls out another datacard and hands it to him. "Here you are, Captain. A complete copy of all data received from Master Koon." He gestures to the comm and sensor stations. "Captain Bri'tan and I were just discussing station assignments here in the cockpit. Do you have a preference between communications and sensors?"
southpaw
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Lurk will do," he replied. He went to light another dee-stick, found the packet empty, then rifled through his sling bag for another one. His rusted mechanical arm - brutal and clumsy in its design - fumbled the packet. Lurk tried to catch it, but the two curved prongs that served as fingers were far too slow and it bounced down the gunwell to land at Shadow's feet. "Dammit," he cussed, then reach down towards Shadow. The mechanical arm was a nearly half a meter longer than his normal one. "Pass those here will ya?"

OOC: what Shadow sees: Aside from the obvious mech arm, which Shadow notes has a wide bore gun barrel running along the length of it along with a number of other technical bits and pieces in there, and the head plate that extends back from his red cyborg eye, Lurk looks the part of an unkempt veteran. Dusty brown fatigues, a burn-riddled poncho that might have been dull red underneath the stains, worn boots with god-knows-what stuck to the soles... Most of his equipment looks well used and well loved; his backpack is arranged and decked out with military precision. All kinds of useful soldiery stuff is strapped down to it. His weapons are well cared for, with two knives and a pair of unusual looking (and clearly modded out) pistols strapped to his belt. There's also breather mask of some sort hanging to one side of his webbing. All this dirt and dun-coloured gear contrasts with that ghost-pale skin of his, and his good eye is not quite human.
Orgaloth
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dævon bounded up to the cockpit. Seeing all the stations full, he edges over to the co-pilots station, as Kage doesn't apear to be able to see or use that view port. When Bri'tan suddenly accellerates Dævon, who was about to get up to look out the view port, reaches out and grabs hold of Kage to stop falling over.

"You know, sometimes I amaze even myself."
Du Cass' Dream
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Flyboy2002
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Here you go, Lurk," Shadow tosses the pack of Deathsticks back up to him with precision making them easy to catch, "I am trying to quit." After he makes sure the D-sticks make it back to their owner, he queries, "so how did you get partnered up with 2 rookie Jedi in Coruscant. It looks like a bit of a rag tag crew if you ask me, though you seem to have come well prepared."
Matthias777
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not having locked his tires after his excited spin, Kage is taken off-guard when Daevon grabs onto his dome for support. His sounds of excitement turning into an electronic shriek, the little droid rolls backward with Daevon's momentum, leaving skid marks on the decking as he realizes what's happening and tries to stop.

[OOC: I was going to say that they slammed into Daryn, but figured I'd let our GM decide what collisions happen. Wink Not sure where Daryn and Nihl are standing exactly, anyway. The layout of the different stations in the cockpit in the WEG schematic seems odd. And I know that in the Falcon there wouldn't be a lot of room to move around, but an HT-2200's cockpit is a lot bigger, if you look at the schematics (or just the size of it in the pictures).]
dadofett
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nihl replies to Daryn: "I'll take comms if it's all the same to you....sir". He adds the "sir" reluctantly at the end, as an afterthought.

He strides over to the station, sets his helmet down on floor at his feet, slips on the headgear, and begins monitoring the various channels of chatter coming from the clones in the control tower.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Clone Wars: A New Threat - Wisconsin Wookie All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 45, 46, 47  Next
Page 19 of 47

Jump to: