The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Skill Bonus
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules -> Skill Bonus
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Berserker
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:05 pm    Post subject: Skill Bonus Reply with quote

I have a question about skill boni gained through race.

For example: Zabrak characters gain a +1d bonus to willpower and stamina checks.

Do i add the bonus to the skill after or during character generation?
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You add the bonus at the time that you roll the die. You do not mark it as part of the skill progression. Likewise other species and creatures gain bonuses. For example, the Defels get a +3D to all sneak rolls. Suppose the Defel has improved their sneak skill to 4D, they would actually roll a 7D.
Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Skill Bonus Reply with quote

Berserker wrote:
Do i add the bonus to the skill after or during character generation?
In the write-up for Zabrak's I see.
Quote:
Special Abilities:
Hardiness: Zabrak characters gain a +1D bonus to willpower
and stamina skill checks.
I would add that not to the skill itself, but as a bonus whenever a skill roll needs to be made. For example, a Zabrak character with STR 3D and stamina 4D makes a stamina roll. The character rolls 4D+1D for the bonus. Later the character has increased stamina to 4D+2. Now the character rolls 4D+2+1D for any stamina rolls. Contrast this with a Duros:
Quote:
Special Abilities:
Starship Intuition: Duros are, by their nature, extremely skilled starship pilots and navigators. When a Duros character is generated, 1D (no more) may be placed in the following skills, for which the character receives 2D of ability: archaic starship piloting, astrogation, capital ship
gunnery, capital ship shields, sensors, space transports, starfighter piloting, starship gunnery, and starship shields. This bonus also applies to any specializations. If the character wishes to have more than 2D in the skill listed, then the skill costs are normal from there on.
If the Duros character puts 1D each of his starting dice to astrogation, sensors, space transports, and starship gunnery. He ends up at creation adding +2D to each of those skills. But after character creation there is no further bonus or effect to the special ability.
Berserker
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, now i understand. Thanks a lot!
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup.. Some race's bonus is actually just that.. A bonus (like fire control, or maneuverability) is and is added to what you roll.
Other's are an improvement on what you purchase at character creation.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: