The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Dark Side Points
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules -> Dark Side Points Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stule
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 6:37 pm    Post subject: Dark Side Points Reply with quote

Hey Guys.

Gotta Question.

If the Jedi in our group goes in and Massacres a whole Clan of Tusken Raiders (Similar to what Anakin did in EP II) how many DSP would he get?

Is it one for the whole scene or 1 per Tusken he kills.

I have a player that is a Jedi and he chased down fleeing Tusken Raiders during a rescue and cut them down. I gave him a Darkside Point for it (The Tuskens were fleeing) but he killed 5 Tuskens.

Would he get 1 DSP per Tusken, or just the one I gave him?
TheFamousTommyZ
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I would have just gave him 1...unless he doggedly pursued each of them, killing them one at a time and stalking them over, say, hours.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say since they were fleeing and he chased them down just to kill them that it would be one per Tusken. However, that would probably mean he'd end up going to the dark side. According to the rules, each time a charater gets a DSP you roll 1D and if the result is less than the PCs number of DSPs, they turn to the dark side. One DSP means it's impossible for the PC to turn since the roll of a single die can never be less than the number of DSPs. But at five DSPs, the PC only has two chance to avoid falling to the dark side.

Wanted Poster
MA-3PO
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would award one DSP per "dark event" whether that be the murder of one or a hundred. You would award a character a Force point whether he selflessly safes one person or a hundred right? It reminds me of something, I think Stalin said?? "The death of a thousand is a tragedy, the death of a million is a statistic."
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic."
Stule
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking since Anakin didn't go to the Dark Side after killing all the Tusken, then my player shouldn't really go there either.

I think one for the scene is enough.

The players were pretty upset about what he did anyway.

They wanted to teach him a lesson.....

so....................

They took away his Lightsaber (LMAO!!!!!!)

He will get it back once he attones and loses his Dark Side Point.

Very Happy

P.S.
It was the Wookie that actually took his lightsaber.
The Wookie in the group is actually the moralistic player in the group.
Volar the Healer
Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Anakin received one DSP for that.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wold agree, 1 DSP for the scene of killing all 5. NOW if it was split into several different scenes, where he had to track each one down individually, then IMO that would warrent 5...

Just a question. Did you warn him before hand, so he could change his mind?
Kehlin Yew
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you awarded the wookie with extra CP at the end of the session. I believe that it is the rest of the groups responsibility to know how the Jedi should act. With that much power, someone needs to keep them in line and away from the darkside. And a wookie is perfect, you never saw luke messing with Chewy did ya? now with your wookie stealing the Jedi's lightsaber, he would know then that the rest of the group is watching him, and he would realize they are doing it for his own good, and know he would have to go and attone for his actions.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. time for me to add in some of my own...

The situation is this.....
The rebel (or even fringed, BUT NOT imperial aligned) Party is making a raid on the imps. They split up into 2 packs of 3, (left and right flank). 2 of the members on the left (or right, does not matter) make one of their hit and fade attacks, but actually get whammed on, with 1 dying, and the other 2 getting knocked out AND bleeding (e.g. for D6 mortally wounded). The other group either sees or hears this, but is too far away to help at this time.

The Imperials (or what ever bad guy group, comes over the comlink/loudspeaker and makes it known to the rest of the rebs that if they give themselves up Immediately, then they guarantee medical treatment for their fallen comrades. They either refuse or flat out flee, which condemns the MW comrades to death.

DSP?????????

Next one..
Say Joe Jedi is fighting evil Bob. The fight moves into a city, and evil bob takes up position inside someone’s house. Joe Jedi, is now out of force points, so calls on the dark side, and hurls in fire/explosives/thermal detonators (etc), KNOWING that innocents inside will die. But when questioned, he simply responds "well if they did not wish to die, they should not have let in the bad guy" OR "if they did not wish to die, they should have vacated their house"...

Now, besides the DSP for calling on the dark side, would he get another for the deaths of innocents?
More than one??
netjedi
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok here is my answer for the OP.
I would give out one DSP for the scene as previously stated by several in this thread.

and for Garhkal's questions.
situation #1 I would not issue any DSP's. Not giving yourself up may not be heroic but it is not inherently evil either, all beings have a survival instinct and being captured by the enemy is not a way to survive when you are attacking them, it is a quick trip to torture and imprisonment.

Situation #2 I would issue a second DSP. He is a Jedi he should know better first off. Second, since he knows there are innocents why use a grenade or AOE weapon. why not use affect mind to change Evil Bob's mind and come out. since Evil Bob is inside the house Joe has time to clear his thoughts and concentrate on an affect mind or maybe use it to negotiate with Evil Bob. Joe Jedi may wish to lay down his lightsaber and holy hand grenades and exchange his life for the hostages so the innocents do not get hurt.

Just my two credits.

Wanted Poster
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with netjedi on all counts for this thread.
1 DSP
No
Yes, 2 DSP, 2 seperate evil acts.
Esjs
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As to garhkal's two situations:

#1: No DSP. See netjedi's logic.
#2: I'd give an additional DSP for each innocent killed. I'd even consider giving a DSP for his bass-ackwards response "If they didn't want to die..." That's very evil.

"Esjs" == "Jess"
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Esjs wrote:
As to garhkal's two situations:

#1: No DSP. See netjedi's logic.
#2: I'd give an additional DSP for each innocent killed. I'd even consider giving a DSP for his bass-ackwards response "If they didn't want to die..." That's very evil.

I agree his response, and attitude would possibly net a third DSP, but as for a seperate DSP for each innocent killed in the blast I wouldn't go that far, as it is a single incident, just as slaughtering the Tuskens by Anakin in Attack of the clowns. So I guess possibly 3 DSP total for that incident.
Volar the Healer
Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
...They either refuse or flat out flee, which condemns the MW comrades to death.

No DSP. This is the nature of war; people die. I, as a player, would not surrender, but would attempt to negotiate a temporary cease fire so both the Imperials and Rebels can care for their wounded.

garhkal wrote:
...Now, besides the DSP for calling on the dark side, would he get another for the deaths of innocents?

By the rules, yes. He would get two DSPs. But, in my game, I only award one DSP per scene.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: