The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

The enemy of my enemy is...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters -> The enemy of my enemy is...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:26 pm    Post subject: The enemy of my enemy is... Reply with quote

Ever ran a game where due to issues, the imps could not stop some baddies, so had to 'recruit' the rebels to do so?

How did it go down?
How did you have the imps do said recruiting??
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my next big campaign (set in the pre-Yavin Rebellion era), the PCs will eventually get involved with a local (non-Alliance) rebellion against the region's Imperials. However, the PCs will have no choice but to also get involved in a local Sith War (The Empire vs. a non-Banian Sith Order) being waged for controll of the region. There will be many factions in the struggles (including Sith apprentices that have their own secret alliances and agendas), and the PC's local rebellion will be opposed to both Sith powers having control of their region.

I thought an interesting twist would be that near the end of the campaign, the PCs discover that the Rebel Alliance has sided with the Sith opposing the local Imperial forces (Maybe the Rebels were unaware of the Sith's true evil and/or were manipulated into joining, there was a corrupt local Rebel leader that knowlingly joined forces with the Sith, or they just thought he was a lesser evil than the Empire). The PCs and their non-Alliance local rebellion will have to reject the Alliance offer for aid in their cause against the Imps, and instead the PCs will have to join forces with the Imperial forces in the sector to destroy the greater threat. Yes, there's some serious evil a-brewin' to make Empire be the lesser of two evils! Once the non-Banian Sith Order is decimated then the temporary pact ends, all hell breaks loose, and the local Rebellion will try to drive out the Empire and win freedom from all Sith powers.

THEN the PCs will find out about the Death Star about to become operational. They realize that if they don't help the Alliance destroy it, then the Empire will soon send the Death Star to their region out of revenge...
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Urban Spaceman
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got one planned where the PC's where the characters end up trapped in an old research base with some Imperials, when they come under attack by the bases failed experiments.
Only way to survive is for the Imperials and the PC's to work together.
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had a game where a group of Jedi students from Luke's Praxium were recruited by an Imperial Fleet commander to help him regain control of his Star Destroyer from a self-proclaimed "Sith Lord" in exchange for information about the location of a kidnapped student they had been searching for for almost 2 years (in game time). They were approached by an agent working for the commander that gave them the address of a private landing pad on a Corulag estate. They were invited into his home and sat down to have tea. He reluctantly admitted that as a military officer, he was ill-equipped to deal with the usurper. He then explained that he had some solid intelligence as to the whereabouts of their friend.
vanir
Jedi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah but they went darkside, got recruited as Royal Guardsmen and eventually became a party in charge of an Imperial II with two members Dark Side Adepts/Imperial Royal Emissaries.

What, you were expecting a different result?

Great thread topic btw. Should generate some ideas for a current campaign.
Gamer
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy's enemy or so they taught us in the military.
It's always been a fun story line to get your enemys enemy to be your friend to me.
It can be frustrating to players though.

Quote:
I've got one planned where the PC's where the characters end up trapped in an old research base with some Imperials, when they come under attack by the bases failed experiments.
Only way to survive is for the Imperials and the PC's to work together.

We did something like that years ago it was on a star destroyer though, it was something like a mix of the adventure starfall and death troopers, only the zombies were just like the 28 days zombies and not like the death trooper story where they could operate weapons or fly starships.
Urban Spaceman
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds cool.
My creatures are going to the result of the genetic experiments performed in the base. They got free, got out, and now are returning home.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vanir wrote:

Great thread topic btw. Should generate some ideas for a current campaign.

Thanks..

I was spurred on by a comment someone at work mentioned.. Where what would we do if we were say the afganis.. And could not root out the taliban ourselves. Hire our enemies who think/act in the same way??
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: