The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Specific limb injuries.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> Specific limb injuries.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:36 am    Post subject: Specific limb injuries. Reply with quote

Say someone calls a shot, to a persons leg or arm. The damage they get to said limb, is incap. Does this render the limb useless, or the person? What about a dead result?
Also, if it does render the limb useless, how long for?
Kehlin Yew
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would say, if it is in the killed/dead zone, the arm/leg is blown off.. incap=unable to use, meat hanging out, bone showing, hurts alot...
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:30 am    Post subject: Re: Specific limb injuries. Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
Say someone calls a shot, to a persons leg or arm. The damage they get to said limb, is incap. Does this render the limb useless, or the person? What about a dead result?

How to handle a limb hit is really left to each GM. Me personally, I tend to reduce an Incap on the limb to a wound for the character (but the Limb is incapacitated), and I tend to drop a Mortal Wound on a limb to an Incapacitated result for the character (though the limb is badly injured, maimed, incapacitated, or severed usually). The exception is Head Hits, where I might eighter allow an extra damage die, or up the damage result rolled by one level.

As with all wounds, the limb is wounded, incapacitated, or maimed until properly treated. An incapacitated limb can may be rendered usable by applyin medpacs (splints, pressure bandages, painkillers), but this risks further injury. A limb that is maimed, but not severed could be "saved" with a medpac (thus counting it as Incapacitated, but with no further treatment or stabilization possible through medpacs), but can only be healed with a bacta tank or surgery.
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As KageRyu said, it's up to the GM. I'd personally take the damage and redo it as such:

Quote:
  • Stunned: lightly to moderately sprained, could make use of limb slightly more difficult depending on action but should have no real effect.
  • Wounded Once: severly sprained, character suffers enough pain that their actions drop by -1 for a two or three rounds.
  • Wounded Twice: cut open and requires stiches, actions suffer -2 to -1D+1 until the wound heals.
  • Incapacitated: the bones are broken and must be set in order to heal, actions suffer -2D to -3D until the wound heals.
  • Mortally Wounded: limb maimed and may not be able to be healed, if able to be healed the character will probably be laid up for a while, actions suffer -4D to -6D until character has had at least a few days to recover.
  • Killed: limb destroyed completly at the point at which it is hit, character unable to preform any actions for at least a few weeks to recover from the loss.

By actions I mean actions that would require them to use that particular limb, but also I think I'd drop their Dexterity some to reflect the state of shock they could be in from recieving a wound that results in their flesh being cut open or worse if it's recieved in combat. As far as the actions, I mean if it's like one of their arms, particulary their weapon arm, then they should still be able to run with hopefully little to no problems but they should have problems useing a weapon or a tool.

Wanted Poster
netjedi
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We work called shot damage by reducing the resist roll of the target for the area. Vital areas get a -2D to resist while non vital areas get a -1d to resist.

Example:
If a sniper calls a shot to the leg of his target and hits after his increased difficulty, then the target would roll his resist at -1D. The damage result would be equal to a normal shot in effect with the exception of a death result. If the result is death then the leg in this case would be not only severed but destroyed and the character would remain Mortally Wounded.

The reason we use the same result scale for the called shot is to account for the shock and pain of the injury. The character can make a willpower roll to see if they can remain conscious if incapacitated or worse.

Wanted Poster
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RAISE DEAD!..

For our new folk. How do you handle specific limb injuries?
Do you impose movement penalties to those who get legs hit?
What of arms being hit, what penalties do you assign there??
griff
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arms, loose of dex dice, legs loss of move and dodge. I don't roll damage to a called shot to a limb. Injury like this is best done by narration.
Centinull
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Specific limb injuries. Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:

If maiming was the intent, I'd treat dead as mortally wounded. Incapacitated or above rendering the limb useless. Mortally wounded or above requiring cybernetic replacement.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: