The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Mira's Wrist Launcher
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> Mira's Wrist Launcher
View previous topic :: View next topic  
raithyn
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2024 1:13 pm    Post subject: Mira's Wrist Launcher Reply with quote

I'm attempting to stat out Mira's wrist launcher from KotOR II. Any feedback is welcome.

Draft stats wrote:
WRIST LAUNCHER
Model: Drolan Plasteel M1-RA Mag-sling
Type: Ranged weapon
Scale: Character
Skill: Missile weapons: wrist launcher
Ammo: 2 darts or 1 grenade
Cost: 2,500
Availability: 3, R
Fire Rate: 1
Range: 3-7/20/40
Damage: 2D+2 physical
Game Notes: This cunningly designed custom wrist launcher is actually two separate weapon systems incorporated into a single unit: a dart gun and a mag-sling for launching hand grenades.
When the user throws a grenade via the mag-sling, use the grenade’s normal statistics but substitute missile weapons instead of the grenade skill for the attack roll.

Drolan Plasteel manufactures specialized wrist launcher ammunition in addition to their standard piercing darts. The availability of each option is left to the GM’s discretion.
    Piercing Dart. 1 credit, 2D+2 physical damage.
    Tranquilizer Dart. 5 credits, 4D stun damage.
    Poison Dart. 100 credits, targets must make a Difficult Strength roll to resist physical damage or suffer a −1D Strength penalty for 2D minutes. (This penalty does not stack.)
    Paralysis Dart. 100 credits, target must make a Difficult Strength roll or suffer a −1D Dexterity penalty for 2D minutes. (This penalty does not stack.)
    Transponder Node Dart. 250 credits, no damage. Once attached to a target with a successful attack roll, the dart sends out an encoded signal for 40 hours that can be tracked from up to 1.2 kilometers away. Both the dart and the signal are designed to be hard to detect by anyone other than the user.

How I got here:
    1. I started with the wrist caster (Tales of the Jedi) as my base reference.
    2. I added in the grenade mag-sling and dropped the rocket launcher from the video game version. This allows us to just track grenades instead of me designing a whole new ammo type (rockets) that the player with the wrist launcher will have to track separately.
    3. I changed the range to match a frag grenades. I'm not sold on this but it's in line with the video game and simplifies how many range bands the player (and I as the GM) needs to keep up with.
    4. I tried to capture the feel of the dart types available to Mira in the video game. I started with stats from the KotOR II stats and the MM9 Wrist Rocket System (Arms and Equipment Guide; Weapon Stats PDF) but tried to water down the strength of the previous D6 conversion a bit since that's so much stronger than the wrist caster.
    5. While poking around reference books, I found the tagger and transponder node dart in Galladinium's. It's outside the original scope but feels very Star Wars to me and is easy to bring in.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: