The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Star Wars d6 with d6 Space and Minisix
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> Star Wars d6 with d6 Space and Minisix
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alastor04
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:02 am    Post subject: Star Wars d6 with d6 Space and Minisix Reply with quote

Have any of you used the d6 space set of skills rather than those listed in the 2nd edition book?

Have you guys used the static combat values from minisix? How did that go?

I'm probably going to rewrite most of the force powers, has anyone worked with d6 space power system?
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've done some work with the D6 A/S/F collection. I haven't run Space specifically, but I've done extensive work with Fantasy. I'm pretty familiar with Space, though, and the skill list isn't that much different. It seems to me that they drew pretty heavily from Star Wars when they were creating that list. Not quite as much with the other two in the series.

I've heard some very good things about the Mini-Six static defense values in terms of it speeding up game play. Anyone who has used a d20-based system is already familiar with the concept. I've incorporated it into my D6Jr. work in progress.
Barrataria
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Star Wars d6 with d6 Space and Minisix Reply with quote

Alastor04 wrote:
Have any of you used the d6 space set of skills rather than those listed in the 2nd edition book?

Have you guys used the static combat values from minisix? How did that go?

I'm probably going to rewrite most of the force powers, has anyone worked with d6 space power system?

I don't think the space skill set is all that much different than the SW skill set (which I prefer anyway). Note however that damage is reckoned much differently, and IMO is basically broken in D6.

As for static combat values, I use them in part. I keep soak rolls to avoid damage, but use the static value for combat. It works fine, and I prefer it by far from all the multiple die rolls in the other D6 iterations.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: