The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

So how about damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> So how about damage
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Varvarg
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:51 pm    Post subject: So how about damage Reply with quote

How do do you guys handle it?

I'm a bit of a noob really, and imo, wild dice applies to damage rolls(questionmark). But, I tend to avoid that, becuase it can oneshot. I'm playing with my 7-year old atm, and I feel that it wouldn't be a very positive experience

EDIT: removed uneccesary text
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, the Wild Die does usually apply to damage, though it's pretty rare that you get an 'explosion' that does a massive amount.

You could always choose to not allow it, though.

One key thing to do is to make sure all of the PCs have a high Dodge!
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With me, damage for anything is rolled with a wild die, same with soaks. You don;t usually get complications on soaks, just on damages.. like say a wookie hits a gamorean guard with his vibro axe, gets a complication but hits for an incap damage, his complication maybe he buries his axe so much into the target, he needs to spend a round digging it out.
Or he hits him with such force he potentially broke the weapon.

These are the only rolls you make where a wild die is NOT used (Or shouldn't be if you adhere to the RAW).

1) Determining how long you can stay at mortally wounded before dying; 2d6 roll and if you get under the # of rounds you have been at MW< you die.
2) Determining if you turn to the dark side. 1d versus your DSP total. If you roll under the # of dark side points, you turn
3) Grenade deviation direction. 1d to determine where it goes.
4) vehicle or star ship damage for light-heavy or severe damage. 1d on a specific chart.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: