The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

the YT upscaling. Does this affect the 3-Z light freighter?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> the YT upscaling. Does this affect the 3-Z light freighter?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
willg
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:15 pm    Post subject: the YT upscaling. Does this affect the 3-Z light freighter? Reply with quote

One of the many headaches Imbsure youll agree is how the original given RPG stats for tge Millenium Falcon have been contradicted by the newer, more accurate dimension from newer sources, such as the Haynes manual. I noticed all the other YT'S listed ALSO had different dimensions

Q1: who plays old stats and who plays New Stats?

Q2: as a modified version of the YT-1200 design, produced by Nova Drive, does this affect those stats? Should they be modified? Or play as it comes.
willg
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps I should restate and rephrase the question:

The stats for YT-1300s, do you play with the original dimensions or the new ones?
Zarn
Force Spirit

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

willg wrote:

The stats for YT-1300s, do you play with the original dimensions or the new ones?

Honestly? I play with whatever I find first. Usually, the dimensions doesn't really matter, and if they do, we roll with whatever we find first. Though, if I were to select a canon, I do like the idea of using the Haynes manual. Got one for my Volvo, might as well use the one I have for a ratrod YT-1300.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

willg wrote:

To clarify, what exactly is the newer dimension? I've played with YT-1300's being approximately 35 meters for quite some time, based off of calculations from Rob Brown's now-defunct Ship of Riddles site.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
willg
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats right, but the RPG stats in the books say 28metres

Much of what the Haynes manual and Robert browns site say lines up, except for Falcon layout.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: