The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Places of Power for the Force?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules -> Places of Power for the Force?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tetsuoh
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: Places of Power for the Force? Reply with quote

Are thier rulings on this sort of thing?

Like the Dagobah Cave etc etc?

My group just found the place a great jedi master died and I was wondering if it could qualify to be such a place and what impact it may have?

Things besides possibly reaching his spirit.
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To my knowledge, there aren't any specific rulings on things like a Force nexus or anything like that. That seems kind of like kind of an oversight to me. But, there you have it. I just looked over my TOTJC, and there's nothing in there. There is the remotest possibility that something of that sort that was mentioned in the Jedi Academy Sourcebook, but I highly doubt it. I can't adequately describe the JASB in a family-friendly forum.

There are some rules in other d20 verisons of the game, but no rules that I'm aware of in D6.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope.. not even any info on Exar Kun's temple game related..
vanir
Jedi

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it is strong with the dark side you could make it a very stinky place.

Just kidding, I was sure there'd be something in the Tales of the Jedi companion but no dice. There is only passing references in text such as "sensing sith magic in the region but unable to find the source" or another reference somewhere (Jedi Academy sourcebook I think) about a dark pool of water strong with the dark side that affects Jedi, presumably increased difficulties using powers near there, but I don't think there's concrete game mechanics for them.
I think the presumption is they're such a roleplay emphasis for effect, that GMs should house-rule specifically for each site as suits the campaign and adventure, for desired effects to create an atmosphere for the PCs.
These will apparently involve typically visions/illusions and minor influences. Probably also things like dark side sites attract dangerous predators to attack the party with, lightside sites might attract interesting hermits to provide adventure insights with.
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The closest thing in d6 that's associated with dark side nexuses is Gry Sarth's/cheshire's d6 conversion for Force light, which can be used to "purify" dark side nexuses.
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To the best of my knowledge, this hasnt been covered in any real detail in the WEG materials.

On the other hand, a few of us are planning to put together a "Guide to the Force", and locations strong in the force is something that we have specifically talked about addressing.
vanir
Jedi

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guardian_A wrote:
To the best of my knowledge, this hasnt been covered in any real detail in the WEG materials.

On the other hand, a few of us are planning to put together a "Guide to the Force", and locations strong in the force is something that we have specifically talked about addressing.

Wouldn't mind contributing if you're looking for it.

Actually interested in any contributive fan-sourcebook projects, I tend to get a bit anal when I try to do them on my own Very Happy
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In that case, we'd love to have you!

We're hosting/organizing our projects here: http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/RancorPitBooks/

While we do have a large list of projects, we are trying to tackle them one at a time for the most part. Our current project is a Cantina guide, then we will be finishing up one of our member's Medical guide before investing ourselves in the Force guide.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've joined up.

If the jedi source book is still being worked on, i would like a try and seeing what i can come up with for the Jedi forms.
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
I've joined up.

If the jedi source book is still being worked on, i would like a try and seeing what i can come up with for the Jedi forms.

Welcome! I got you approved so you have access to what materials we have up to this point.

The Force User sourcebook is still in the planning stage, but there isnt any reason that a couple of us cant get started on it(I've been feeling the itch to start work on it, but I'm commited to the Cantina project at the moment.) Help with the 7 forms would be greatly appreciated!
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just finished typing it up with notes and game play rules..
PM me your email and i can send it to you.
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PM incoming!
JT Swift
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's loads of info about light side and dark side locations [and rules for creating them] in the D20 book "Power of the Jedi Sourcebook." My recollection was that it didn't look TOO hard to convert to D6. If nothing else it would serve as a good platform for inspiration.

For Everything about the TARDIS check out
http://www.whoniverse.net/tardis/

For all things Gallifreyan check out
http://meshyfish.com/~roo/index.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: