The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

ion damage when someone has cybernetics..?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> ion damage when someone has cybernetics..?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:07 am    Post subject: ion damage when someone has cybernetics..? Reply with quote

The ion mando armor thread got me thinking.. What happens to someone if they get hit by ion damage and they have cybernetics?
Fallon Kell
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:28 am    Post subject: Re: ion damage when someone has cybernetics..? Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
The ion mando armor thread got me thinking.. What happens to someone if they get hit by ion damage and they have cybernetics?
Usually, they die.

Ion Cannons are necessarily large and powerful weapons carrying enough of a charge to fuse heavy machinery. In my games getting hit by a weak one is like getting struck by a particularly nasty bolt of lightning.

That said for smaller, rarer, weapons like a jawa ion gun, I'd roll damage v.s. body, use the wound results table, and just call it ion damage.

Complete Starship Construction System
kinfo_howlingwolf
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I would think that even with minimal cybernetics an ion blast would interfere severely, I would probably treat it like a type of stun dmg. I mean even without upgrades, a standard human getting hit with it would screw up their biological signals. In a non-baby way.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: