The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Boltrunian
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules -> Boltrunian
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:06 am    Post subject: Boltrunian Reply with quote

Does anyone know where this species can be found? From what I've found they are supposed to be near humans but I can't really find much else. I'm really curious if they have any special skills, special abilities, or story factors.

Wanted Poster
Stule
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, never heard of them.

I will look up in my books and see what I can find.

8)
Krapou
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the only reference I found about Boltrunians is : http://theforce.net/swenc/entrydesc.asp?search=44133

They give a reference : Star Wars Gamer magazine 4
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boltrunian is the race of Maw, from the Jedi Knight video game. If you played it, it's the guy who got cut in half at the beginning, but was kept alive by the Force and floated around.

Wizards recently published Maw's stats here:
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=starwars/article/sw20050526a

But because Maw is a very advanced and modified character, it's difficult to estimate the species min/max attributes. But the species doesn't seem to have any Special Abilities. So I suppose their stats should be very similar to baseline humans.
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maw was kinda the reason I was looking for 'em. Should have said that in my initial post, but there's really nothing about them in Maw's stats. And if there's any special skills, abilities, or story factors to the species, that's something I'd like to know about for conversions. So great to know a character is such and such a species, but it's kinda useful to know what other elements are important to the use of that character. Like Mo Cals getting a +1D bonus to their Dexterity, Perception, and Strength attribute and skill checks when in a moist enviroment while suffering a -1D penalty to the same when in a dry enviroment. If about the only difference between Boltrunians is their teeth, a knoby ridge of bone running from their foreheads and down to their necks by going over their skulls, and some having green skin (hey, look at Maw both in the Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II game and in the link Gry gave; he's got red skin so obviously not all are green skinned), then it's just pyhsical appearances that make them different from baseline humans.

Wanted Poster
Zarm R'keeg
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boltrunians (a pidgin corruption of Bugs Bunny's insult "Ya poltroon!") originated in the classic Marvel Star Wars comics as Warto, the big, dumb biker brute that fell into conflict with Jaxxon, the Lepus Carnivorous (in issues 8 and 9, I believe, which came out within months of ANH in '77- see the Star Wars Marvels audio drama in my sig to learn more about them! Wink ) and has since been retconned to include a few other individuals in the SW universe. Gamer's Marvel comic issue is about the only real resource for them.

They are stocky, reptilian beings- big hired thugs, so I have found that using roughly Trandoshan stats (without the claws) or Weequay (at the upper range of their strength) works well- perhaps with some adjustments for mobility, Gamorean stats might be a good match, too.

I had an ugly Boltrunian with a swolen, fat lip (which, once punched during a brawl, split open to spew puss all over the brawling character), who ended up being one of the most memorable NPCs in the game. (Along with a creepy stalked Blood Carver who shadowed the players everywhere after they 'complimented' his painting.) In terms of portraying Boltrunians personality-wise, they speak basic, but otherwise... 'Gamorean' is probably a pretty good guide. Wink Big, dumb, stocky brutes and bullies (with a few more-intelligent exceptions like Maw- but then, his whole Dark Forces gang seemed to be a group of species-exception Dark Jedi...)

Hard core OT, all the way!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: