The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

G forces and pilotng..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters -> G forces and pilotng..
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 12:18 pm    Post subject: G forces and pilotng.. Reply with quote

With how i run Ionization damage where each system is charted out, for which are affected and for how long, this brought up a question (while daydreaming).

If say the pc's ship goes full out into the planet's atmosphere while being chased, and while in or just after getting into said atmosphere the shelds and lifesupport both get shut down (for a long time), how would you represent the G force on the player character?

Would they have a harder time of moving around (like say to get to an escape pod)? Would they have to roll to avoid blacking out? What??
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if they have no life support and leave atmosphere the will be thrown around (so dex / running roll to stay up). If they are accelerating normally (aka more then our current space shuttles) its not a matter of if they black out, it will be how long (i mean if they are accelerating in star wars terms, they are pretty much dead. that many g forces.. wowzers). The same will apply for maneuvering. they will have to be going in a straight line.

So instead of killing the life support totally, do it partially to make them make rolls to survive (normally, or at least have a chance to).

So you can do running / dex rolls to stay up (you can probably let the wookie make a strength roll if there are hand holds or he is big enough to manhandle both sides of the corridor) And as the g forces pick up, you can make them start to make stamina rolls to stay up (situational bonus to the pilot, as he would have practiced techniques to actually stay conscious in such a situation)

Like in the x-wing book, when one of the pilots loses their compensator, they say that as she was trying to be saved by a 'gentle' push, she was probably liquefied, so you know the g-forces are quite the thing to be feared.

just my thoughts Very Happy

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
Endwyn
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vong wrote:
Like in the x-wing book

Which book are you talking about?
That's improbable?
And the Empire will be destroyed by..EWOKS!
That's...highly unlikely.
The Force? Bacteria called midichlorians.
If you don’t take this seriously I'm out.
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh geeze, which one was it. i think wraith squadron - the one where ackbar's daughter/ niece dies

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
Endwyn
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never mind...I honestly got excited because I thought that reference meant you had a copy of the legendary (but never published) X-wing book that was almost published near the end of WEG's license. It was completed and on a CD......

.....but since you just meant a novel and not an RPG book. (I knew I shouldn't get all excited.)
That's improbable?
And the Empire will be destroyed by..EWOKS!
That's...highly unlikely.
The Force? Bacteria called midichlorians.
If you don’t take this seriously I'm out.
Dustflier
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooh the Holy Grail!

It is okay to go a little crazy in the search for such an important relic. Just remember: always pick the pewter cup.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: