The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

My favorite character...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> My favorite character...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bobmalooga
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:05 am    Post subject: My favorite character... Reply with quote

I mostly Game Master, but about 5 years ago, for the better part of a year I was blessed to get to play in an awesome Star Wars game set 100 years after ROJ in which I played the sneak thief turned Jedi Knight, Oa-Ki Jinn.

Awesome game and there isn't a weekend that goes by that I don't miss getting to play.

Name-Oa-Ki Jinn (Birth name: Sojee (Sojourner) d'Anjou)
Template-Jedi Knight.
Sex-Male
Species-Human
DOB-80 years ABY
Age-23
A Quote-I want to learn the ways of the force to become a Jedi.

Description: Oa-ki (pronounced Oh-Ah-Key) After passing his trials to become a Jedi Knight, Oa-Ki wears his grandfather's robes fulltime, unless he is going in disguise somewhere. He has a short, lithe form that most take as not suited for combat. In truth he is far faster and stronger than most would think he is. Oa-ki has something of a baby face that endears him to people. Many a maiden has fallen for him based on his eyes and young features. He is moderately good looking and like most Corellians has a scruffy look to him. He has brown hair (and in desperate need of a haircut) and brown eyes as well as the full beard and mustache that he keeps threatening to shave down into a goatee.

Dexterity: 3D+2
Dodge:4D, Melee Combat:, Running:4D, Pickpocket:4D, Archery:4D+1, Juggling:, Lightsabre:11D

Knowledge: 2D+2
Planetary Systems: 4D+1, Survival:3D+2, Streetwise:4D+1, Jedi lore: 6D+2, Languages 4D+1, Cultures 4D+1, Alien Species 4D+2, Law Enforcement: 4D+1, Intimidation:3D+1, Bureaucracy: 3D+2, Ettiquette: 3D

Mechanical: 2D+1
Beast riding:3D+2, Communications:, Repulsorlift Ops.:3D, Space Transports piloting: 3D+1, (SP) Space Transport Piloting: Baivan Burton Icefire:4D, Starship Gunnery: 3D+1, Starship shields

Perception: 4D
Bargain, Con:4D+2, Sneak:, Persuasion:4D+1, Investigation

Strength:3D
Brawling:4D+1, Climb/Jump:4D+2, Stamina:4D+1, Lifting:4D, Swimming:4D

Technical:2D+1
Computer Program and repair:3D, First aid: 4D, Security: 4D, Repulsorlift ops.3D, Space transports repair: 3D, Lightsabre Repair:5D+1

Special Abilities:
Oa-ki gets a +1D on Melee or Lightsabre attacks due to being an innate swordsman.

Force Powers:
-Control-8D
-Accelerate healing, Hibernation Trance, Concentration, Absorb/Dissipate energy, Control Pain, Reduce Injury, Remain Conscious, Resist Stun, Detoxify Poison, Enhance Attribute, Emptiness, Control Disease.

-Sense-8D
-Sense force, Life detection, Life sense, Magnify Senses, Combat Sense, Danger Sense, Receptive Telepathy.

-Alter-8D
-Telekinesis

-Control/Sense-
-Lightsaber Combat, Projective Telepathy

-Sense/Alter-
-Lesser Force Shield

-Control/Alter-
-Control Another's Pain, Return another to consciousness, Transfer Force, Accelerate another's healing

-Control/Sense/Alter
-Affect mind, Battle Meditation

Force Sen?-Yes
Force Points-5
Character points-3
Hero Points-1
Darkside Points-0
Move-10

Equipment:
5 sets of Jedi Robes (4 in storage for wearing at any given time...)
Badge and ID as an 'Special Civilian Services Peacekeeper'
-Fake IDs under the name 'Garth Ranzz' (31 on the roll) or 'Lar Gand'
Utility Belt: This is a looks like a standard military web belt with pouches. The contents of the belt are...
-50 ft. of syntherope w/hook
-a comlink
-a glowrod
-a medpac
-some rations and a canteen.
-Glow Crystal
-in sheaths across the small of his back: 2 hand knives: (Str+1D)
-Clipped to the other side of the belt is his Lightsaber (5D) and a lightdagger (4D) he constructed.
-1700 Credits

Other items...
2 lightsabers (Blue), components for the Lightsaber droid, schematics and datachips for said droid.
The Holocron.
Spear gun (3D+2, 3-10/30/100 Ammo: 10) (30 extra spears for the spear-gun.)
Republic medal, Kalarban-Honarary vestment

History
Sojourner was the only child, of the only heir of Queen Selorna d'Anjou and her royal consort Ao-ki Jinn. His grandmother never approved of her son, Ganto, being attracted to, much less marrying a commoner Brenna Harmarkos and went so far as to exile her son from Gonmo. Exile it would seem included revoking his accounts, terminating his use of the royal landing pad and not letting him return to the palace unless there was an annulment in the works. Sojee was raised never really knowing his grandmother or her position of authority over Gonmo. His parents raised him as a Corellian until their death when he was six. Sojee was taken into the custody by CorSec and was placed in a number of temporary homes before he ran away at the age of eight and began living on the streets. Chances are Sojee would’ve died in the juvenile housing facilities of Corellia’s low-side if not for Wald finding him.

Sojee had been picked up for speeder theft and was on his was to processing when a strange old man dressed in robes stepped out of the shadows and spoke to the officer who’d taken the ten year old into custody. The police officer, who minutes before wasn’t bothering to listen to anything the kid had to say, suddenly turned Sojee loose and handed him over to this new stranger. Wald explained who he was and that he’d come to find him after hearing of his parents death, but had failed to account for CorSec’s shuffling him from home to home so quickly. He further explained that there were those who were hunting the Jedi and their offspring and that it was fortuitous that he’d found Sojee first. To protect him and safeguard his real identity and name Wald rechristened him Oa-ki Jinn (Which was a reversal of Wald’s own name Ao-ki, a common trend amongst his ancestors: Wald’s first name literally translates into ‘Defender from the lifeforce’ and ‘Oa-ki’ translates to be ‘Defender of the lifeforce.’) and forbade him from using his birth name again.

Wald raised the boy moving him from place to place while training him in the ways of a Jedi. During this time Oa-ki worked on farms on El Diablo Mesa (The Mesa…), Fisheries on Ebod and learning to hunt on Dantooine amongst many other places. Their last journey together happened when they traveled to Maltus-5, they were there to meet some friend of Wald’s and during a food riot Wald was killed after being separated from Oa-ki…

Or so Oa-ki thought until he viewed the holo-vid of his death.

Oa-ki has passed his trials and became a Jedi Knight, he now wears his grandfather's robes and lightsaber openly marking him as a Jedi Knight.

Home world:
Corellia

Growing up:
Oa-Ki grew up on Corellia in the slums of the low-side. His father was the son of Wald and Selorna (Ganto) , his mother was the daughter of Xam and Ash (Brenna). Both parents were killed in a riot, Oa-Ki managed to survive on the streets for four years before being found and rescued by his grandfather at the age of ten.

Family:
Ganto D'Anjou and Brenna Harmarkos (Parents), Walric (Aoki (Wald) Jinn) Drayson and Selorna D'Anjou (paternal grandparents), Xam Jalba and Ash Harmarkos (maternal grandparents): Raven (Jina Mestle) and Rance (Kyle Navaro) Kellor (great aunt and uncle), Kae' Caballa and Kallistar (Kalli) Enijfer-Caballa and Strom Caballa (great cousins), Caleb Durante (Great, great, great uncle).

Basic Education:
Basic schooling, some higher education and a lot of street smarts. Given a formal education while on the road with his grandfather Wald.

Past Occupations:
Student, street-thief, conman and Jedi Padawan.

Objectives:
To find out where the Jedi are or what happen to them, to restore the Jedi order, to bring the republic back to its glory and to find his place in the universe.

Romance:
A one time affair of the heart that ended up with him joining the Black Hole Gang for all of 20 minutes, nothing since then.

Critical Events:
Loss of his family, home and life as he knew it. His beginnings of learning the force. Any time he spent with his grandfather and anywhere they went. The first time he used a bow and learning that he was meant for a greater destiny.

Contacts:
The Black Hole Gang of Maltus-Five, Nikki:The Net-spider (Info broker), Street level contacts: Toobin, Gareth and Greta. Friends in the new Republic (Including Lauren Tamandous) and members of the Hapen Library academies. Bunder Buus, Loshira and Sek Ardus as well as the group he travels with.

Enemies and Rivals:
Other than losing out to Braght Scarlson for the affections of Lina Westor, Oa-Ki hasn't done enough to garner to many enemies or rivals.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is that potent after only 1 year of playing?? how often did he get played?

He has 18d in attribute before his force skills are even taken into account.
Makig the assumption you got those after you started that is 60cp to get 1d in each force skill,
1cp per pip to go from 1d to 2d
2cp from 2d to 3d
3cp from 3d and so on.. x3 since each are at 8d
Which adds up to 312cp on just force abilities. Add in 11d in lightsaber (assuming you started with 2d starting skill on top of your Dex (which would put it at 5d+2) brings the cp total to 437cp spent.. even at 7cp earne a gaming session that means you had to play him 63 sessions worth.... Either that or the gm just handed ou a lot more starting D...
Bobmalooga
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually copied and pasted that from an old email and didn't edit, LOL. The game was started about 6 years ago (About 3 years before I got my house...) and ran for the better part of 2 years, maybe just a little longer before the GM ended it suddenly. He wasn't a fan of reducing character attributes at the beginning of the game for force powers and since I wasn't playing an archetype that even started with powers, he gave me Control and Sense but made me spend starting skill dice to buy them. For that matter we (if memory serves...) started off with about 12D in skill dice. I think we averaged about 10 cp a game, but my memory is hazy about that other than getting the occasional (that I can remember this happen three times...) 25 cp games where the fate of the game and the game universe hung on a couple of dice rolls and how we role played the events. We also (and this happened a couple of times that I can remember...) got an extra skill dice from 'intense training' or 'exceptional use of a skill'...thats actually how I ended up with 11D in lightsaber, I got to choice two skill increases (at separate times...) and ended up putting the skill increase that were free ('You can put this extra dice where you want...') in lightsaber.

I know that this all sounds crazy but I can assure you that we got our backsides handed to us on a regular basis by the craziness that was the Trandoshan 'Hands of Bossk' (Extreme militant Trandoshans who had genetically engineered a virus to reduce wookiees to rabid simians rather than the noble race we all know!), the Scientology like Pasha-sith (imagine a faux-sith cult that recruits members and has churches and healing centers all over the galaxy...), the sisters of Aludri (Dathomir nightsisters armed with lightwhips, traveling in packs of 3!) and these were all just to name a few...LOL. I spent a lot of character points and more than a few force points on my trials, it was a wonder I survived that. In the end I can assure you that anything here was well earned and earned through hard and dedicated role playing Wink

Keith
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What of the inate swordsman thing? Where is that from?
Bobmalooga
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a merit I asked about and he let me have. Like Tinnian I'att from the Adventure Journals have +1d to all demolitions inexplicable, despite no mention of her having extraordinary training in that area. I likened it to the movie Kuffs where Christian Slater picks up a gun, after never having fired one, and is an expert marksman.

Just a bit of fluff...LOL.
Keith
Tusk BloodFlail
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a cool character, you obviously had a great deal of fun playing him! Very Happy

I like that he's human, in all our star wars games there has only been one human character, and he died rather quickly Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: