The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Game
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters -> Game
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Herglic_w/o_a_head
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:14 am    Post subject: Game Reply with quote

I am thinking of making a modified RPG game kind of one of a kind or a spin off of something else, I have not gotten that far to really make that decision.
The first thing I want to do is make sure that I focus on things to make a game that has a good playability for the DM and player. So this brings me to my question as a player and or a DM what do you enjoy/look for in a RPG.
KierlanVass
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im assuming that you are talking about the system itself based on your description (any good RPG needs some solid lore to back it up which is usually provided by a good setting)

The D6 system and the D10 system (provided by the original AEG version of 7th Sea are two of my personal favorites).

The D10 Roll and Keep system is simple and easy to learn but yet holds enough complexity to make it interesting and more than just rolling dice to get results. It looks like the White Wolf games like Vampire and Werewolf, but actually understandable (I still have no idea how either of those systems are supposed to work Smile)

so I mentioned a few...
Something that is easy to pick up and understand but also has a lot of depth.

Something that covers all aspects of the setting it is bringing you into. 7th Sea is great because it uses the same system for creating a PC, NPC, ship and what not. A common criticism of SW D6 is that it doesn't quite conquer the Force and starship stuff.

Something that gives the characters a feeling of power - enough to take risks - but allows enough balance that they are not going to die from a random shot or sneeze but that they will face death if they do stupid things.

A system where the job or profession that the character has to earn a living is not his "class" or something that he has to "be" for all eternity... etc... etc.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: