The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Weapons chart for vehicle and spaceships?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules -> Weapons chart for vehicle and spaceships?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zarash
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:05 am    Post subject: Weapons chart for vehicle and spaceships? Reply with quote

Is there a weapons chart for vehicles and spaceships anywhere? They give you a chart with weapons and armor in R&E but nothing about official vehicle or spaceship weapons that I can see anywhere. Is there and official chart with weapons ranges, damage, fire control, and prices? I have browsed for quite a while here but I can't find anything.

I see you can fire link weapons. This has me slightly confused because an x-wing fighter has four fire linked laser cannons that do 6d damage. If you want to fire them seperatly you would subtract 1d+2 as per page 127 in R&E which would make firing them single a 4d+1. I am all good with this but I seen somewhere else that a single laser cannon does 4d damage? So if a single does 4d shouldn't a fire linked that has 4 do 5d+2?
I also noticed on a B-wing that a laser cannon does 7d damage?

I want to upgrade a ship with the older gg6 but it does not have weapon ranges etc and the weapons are pretty basic which I don't mind but I see there are types of weapons other then what are in the book. Also there is nothing about how to upgrade the sensor range for passive, scan, search, and focus in the older gg6.
Phalanks Balas
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well Zarash,
First, there are several laser cannon manufacturers. You can understand products are differents even if based on the same technology as could be cars.
statistics of the weapons depend also on which area you are playing. In Rebellion area, range of laser cannons is commonly 1-3/12/25. medium laser cannons inflict about 4D of damages. This is a guide line. A laser that inflicts 4D+1 or 4D+2 can also be considered as a medium size gun. Damages depends also on gas used. Tibanna gas (used by TIE fighter) has a very good energy ratio so small sized guns inflict huge punishment.
You can compare the size of the Taim & Bak KX9 mounted on the X-wing and the Sienar Fleet Systems L-s 9.3 mounted on the Tie/ln interceptor.
Now for the B-wing, it is an heavy assault laser cannon, the R-9X from Girhil... Have a look there http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Laser_cannons

Hope it helps you Smile

A day you will be facing the guns of the Black Pearl. You will know what means damned pirates !
hanker
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps these (partially homebrew) rules will help you.

They are based on GG6 1st and 2nd edition and give more options for installing weapons.

Optional Rules for Weapon Installation (PDF)

René
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: