The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Lords of the Expanse Box Set
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters -> Lords of the Expanse Box Set Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Red 331
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impressive, GMgreatness! Most impressive!
JT Swift
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll let you know in a year or so. If things go according to plan the Tapani Sector will dominate my player's lives for the next several month or even years!

For Everything about the TARDIS check out
http://www.whoniverse.net/tardis/

For all things Gallifreyan check out
http://meshyfish.com/~roo/index.html
GMgreatness
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool!!! I will glad to hear about your progress. since I just bought that Darkstryder campaign box, I think I will take my playres there next. i played as a PC back when it came out, and we had a lot of fun playing in that setting.

and That is why you fail...
jonnjonnzz
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read through the Lords of the Expanse when I first picked it up and didn't do anything with it except use it for some background material. Then when I read the Dune prequels by Kevin Anderson and Brian Herbert (House Atreides, House Harkonnen and House Corrinno) I made a change to my SW game universe.

I had the Senate become more like the Landsraad of the Dune novels, with senators being representatives of the various noble houses and powerful political interests rather than being elected officials.
Praxian
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Tapani Sector is a bunch of neat stuff. It is very political, so as a Gamemaster I'd suggest reading the stuff front to back and sideways to make sure you have a decent grasp on it. I'm a fan of having politic stuff in my games, and the stuff in there is just awesome.

If you are having all new characters in your game, what I would suggest the most would probably be they all be aligned with a house through the rebellion. Overall, I'd recommend picking it up. I'll see if I can find another box set, I actually got mine in pristine shape (still wrapped in plastic) for $10.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonnjonnzz wrote:
I read through the Lords of the Expanse when I first picked it up and didn't do anything with it except use it for some background material. Then when I read the Dune prequels by Kevin Anderson and Brian Herbert (House Atreides, House Harkonnen and House Corrinno) I made a change to my SW game universe.

I had the Senate become more like the Landsraad of the Dune novels, with senators being representatives of the various noble houses and powerful political interests rather than being elected officials.

I love Dune and that's cool, but FYI, not all of the Senators were democratically elected. Each sector chose how to determine who would be their Senator. Some were appointed. And although many were not nobles there were already many that were.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Bulldogzeta
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had my LoE for many years. I've never used the plots as is, but elements of plots and just general information have been used in my ongoing campaign. LoE has added a lot to the campaign simply by being the basis for the Rimma trade route which 95 percent of my adventures have been near.

There are 3 books or set of books that have been essential for me.
1 LoE
2 The Galaxy Guide for the Elrood sector.
3 Tramp Freighters - which includes the Minos Cluster.

While there are many others that add a great deal of flavor, these have been the most valuable for me.
Praxian
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoke with my buddy about it - and he said that he found the box set in a "used book store" (and it obviously wasn't used - as it still had plastic around it).

Store doesn't have any more there, but it does give new hope to checking out old book stores near you. Smile
Bulldogzeta
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a lot of drama going on in the various "families" in the Tapani Sector. As I see it, change is going to come slower there than in many other parts of the galaxy.

House Mecetti may no longer have direct support of the Empire, but they're still the house to overcome. They're probably going to be even more eager to exert their power and control over the rest of the sector while they still have the chance.

If you're looking for drama, this is one of the best places to find it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: